Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 365234 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #405 on: November 05, 2011, 09:59:28 PM »
I'm no PS3 or console expert, but just don't play it to death and keep it in a cool place and you should be good.

Off topic: Man...they're really trying hard to make Canada Cup this year as unhype as possible.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: November 05, 2011, 10:29:49 PM »
I'm no PS3 or console expert, but just don't play it to death and keep it in a cool place and you should be good.

Off topic: Man...they're really trying hard to make Canada Cup this year as unhype as possible.
how is it gonna be unhype(not that i give 2 shits mind you)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: November 05, 2011, 11:01:58 PM »
Man... I just dreamt that the game came out on Nov 2nd and you guys were trolling me for not buying it and RunningWild uploaded a video of create a match (with a Chibi Duo Lon) where he's kicking out players that have Justin Bieber as their name tag.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: November 05, 2011, 11:35:46 PM »

The stream itself is completely awful.  For those who didn't pay for the premium service, you get ads after almost every single match.  The stream is laggier than usual, the audio cuts out, and the stream has crashed on at least 5 different occasions already.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Chipymax

• Rising Dragon
  • Life is only one, so live it!!! Bronx, New York
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: November 05, 2011, 11:55:19 PM »

The stream itself is completely awful.  For those who didn't pay for the premium service, you get ads after almost every single match.  The stream is laggier than usual, the audio cuts out, and the stream has crashed on at least 5 different occasions already.

Yeah man! I try to watch it, not good at all...  :(
Xbox live: Chipymax

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: November 06, 2011, 12:00:43 AM »
Oh, not to mention, only Premium Subscribers can even get the archive of the damn stream.

Considering the amount of games at that tourney basically getting a send off, it's a god damn awful way to go.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: November 06, 2011, 12:48:14 AM »
I think the YLOD depends on how much you make your PS3 work (aka overheat), i've heard of 2006/2007 consoles still working to this day, only waiting for that inevitable day of yellow doom.

Phat PS3s are the one suffering from the YLOD, but it happens because Sony (and MS) used a soldering material that will break after heating up and cooling down after several years. That is the cause of YLOD on the PS3 and RROD on the 360. Sony and MS can't do anything about it, because they can't use LEAD on the soldering materials. What they have done is change the internal parts to heat up less and consume less energy. So that is why the newer models of the PS3 and 360 are less likely to fall on their respective "dead state".

But if you have a Phat PS3 or and old 360, you need to Reball them, which basically means to use LEAD soldering. I used www.endlesselectronics.org and they fixed my launch 60GB PS3 YLOD, so if anybody has a problem with their PS3/360 you can call them, I recommend them. Specially for the PS3 case, because the PS3 will not read another PS3 HDD and it will format it, meaning you might lose all your save files and other stuff.

But as I said, good thing both new PS3 and 360 models don't suffer from this problems and if they do, it's minimal compared to their older versions.

Sorry for the Off-topic, lets get back at KOF.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: November 06, 2011, 01:28:54 AM »
Both consoles need to be well ventilated. I have the 80gb model PS3 and have not had any problem at all. It's all about common sense. If you keep a PC in an enclosed space, it will die as well. I miss cartridge-based systems which were built like tanks.

Rminder: STA ranbats tomorrow.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: November 06, 2011, 01:30:08 AM »
Both consoles need to be well ventilated. I have the 80gb model PS3 and have not had any problem at all. It's all about common sense. If you keep a PC in an enclosed space, it will die as well. I miss cartridge-based systems which were built like tanks.

Cartridge based systems WERE built like tanks, too bad the cartridges themselves were so...damn...fussy.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: November 06, 2011, 01:40:21 AM »

Cartridge based systems WERE built like tanks, too bad the cartridges themselves were so...damn...fussy.

i still have a working SNES and N64,
my favorite part about old consoles are the cartridges because it feels so nostalgic to go and and dust a game for a bit to get it to work.

psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: November 06, 2011, 01:45:01 AM »

my favorite part about old consoles are the cartridges because it feels so nostalgic to go and and dust a game for a bit to get it to work.

Where you see nostalgia, I see a pain in the ass.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: November 06, 2011, 01:48:15 AM »
The stream itself is completely awful.  For those who didn't pay for the premium service, you get ads after almost every single match.  The stream is laggier than usual, the audio cuts out, and the stream has crashed on at least 5 different occasions already.

Funny thing is I'm watching the free version on Chrome and I think its showing the premium one because I almost never see any ads, when its they say its time for commercial I just see Chen and UltraDavid talk.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: November 06, 2011, 04:18:11 PM »
I know that is too early, but knowing the changes that all the characters had, plus some videos and the own experience from the arcade experience, could somebody guess how the tier list will look on the game?

Just guessing, not something that will be put as a fact since we don't had the game

Waifu Material

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: November 06, 2011, 04:25:44 PM »

Where you see nostalgia, I see a pain in the ass.
Casual!

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: November 06, 2011, 05:17:43 PM »
I know that is too early, but knowing the changes that all the characters had, plus some videos and the own experience from the arcade experience, could somebody guess how the tier list will look on the game?

Just guessing, not something that will be put as a fact since we don't had the game

Claw Iori in my opinion is top tier. I said he is better than his DLC counterpart and I still think so.
There are no significant nerfs on his side, just the losing invencibility in his EX moves, but the EX  ;fd ;dn ;df still has it apparently. His moves seem to keep being extrematelly safe on block also.
I think Kula might still be top tier, I think the nerfing of the ballerina kick made it not as cheese as before but she seems to still be an annoing bitch. Not sure if top tier but at least close to that.
Feel the same about K', I'm not sure if he might still be top tier but if not, very close to that probably.
I think we will really need to check Goro, I have a feeling that the buffs he got, plus some of his normals might actually make him....go really up in the tier list.
It will be interesting to see how Raiden works in the console version. No Drop kick abuse and he just disappeared from the face of the earth. But I will personally check that myself, since I plan on kicking ass with him.