Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362000 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #420 on: November 06, 2011, 05:58:00 PM »
i had a snes and an aes, shit was unbreakable. im talking bout the games and the system. i wonder how far with modern technology we could pimp up carts? if theres a way to put a gig or more on a cart and have games with no loads at atll would be sweet, though i wonder if carts nwould still be that fucking expensive?

i hated selling my aes, but the shit was way too expensive for a kid.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: November 06, 2011, 06:10:04 PM »
 Well i think that Raiden getting the drop kick nerf is the best thing that could've happen to that character, now you wont have players abusing his DK all the time and we can finally see the real potential of the Raiden in the game.
I've watched many a stream and even tournys where so call top players used Raiden only to abuse this move and then act like is all good, if you are a so call top player why play Raiden and abuse the move i mean where are the so call skills that you have as a top player, i remember a particular stream where the guy the answer was commentating and MR.KOF was playing vs BALA and all they did was pick and play a cheap ass Raiden both of them and i was like huh is this it, this is the so call skills that are suppose to impress me shit they play like a couple of scared rookies that day and they call themselves top players huh.
Now that they fix that at least when we play Raiden now it wont be as cheap as before because now you are gonna have to play him proper which is great because Raiden is a hell of a character without that broken move anyway.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: November 06, 2011, 06:40:54 PM »
The stream itself is completely awful.  For those who didn't pay for the premium service, you get ads after almost every single match.  The stream is laggier than usual, the audio cuts out, and the stream has crashed on at least 5 different occasions already.

Funny thing is I'm watching the free version on Chrome and I think its showing the premium one because I almost never see any ads, when its they say its time for commercial I just see Chen and UltraDavid talk.
Lucky (sort of).  Sick of the damn ads.

Stream quality thankfully got better as the night went on but it was still a pain.

Dunno why the hell they started the 5v5 so late...I mean, my god.

And so much for the hype of Team Korea and Singapore lol.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: November 06, 2011, 07:39:53 PM »
I've watched many a stream and even tournys where so call top players used Raiden only to abuse this move and then act like is all good, if you are a so call top player why play Raiden and abuse the move i mean where are the so call skills that you have as a top player, i remember a particular stream where the guy the answer was commentating and MR.KOF was playing vs BALA and all they did was pick and play a cheap ass Raiden both of them and i was like huh is this it, this is the so call skills that are suppose to impress me shit they play like a couple of scared rookies that day and they call themselves top players huh.

Umm... top players are there to win, not to show off "skills" or impress the crowd.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: November 06, 2011, 07:42:10 PM »

Umm... top players are there to win, not to show off "skills" or impress the crowd.

Pretty much this unless your name is Sako or Poongko.

Also, I've reserved my room and at least registered for AE and UMvC3.  Can I just use the NEC topic here to reserve my spot in other games?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 07:46:59 PM by Saitsuofleaves »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: November 06, 2011, 08:12:34 PM »
I think tiers are likely to be very compressed, maybe even moreso then SSF4.   The combo system does a good job of balancing the game out, and it looks like they made every character have a way to work their toolset.  I do think we'll have some natural counterpicks though, and there's a couple of characters I worry about them not having enough, but I've seen one do well on stream so maybe it will be the wrong characters.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: November 06, 2011, 09:06:35 PM »
[

Top players will always lean towards the better characters, when they travel to a big tournament ( which could cost quite a bit) they want to beat everyone they face. why would someone trying to win a tournament want to pick a character that isn't good?

although with more variety in characters it makes it more interesting, and if someone can win with a character they like that isn't top tier (more power to them). it just isn't all that practical.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: November 06, 2011, 09:29:18 PM »
Fellas you got it all wrong i did not mean that there not there to win, of course they are but we all know that Raiden is so broken in the arcade version of XIII that just picking him means you are gonna cheap your way to a cheap victory, now I'm cool with that if it was some average Joe or someone that has played before but has no choice but to pick Raiden because they would lose otherwise, but some people here have put some players in such a high pedestal that to finally see them in action and realise that they are going for the cheapest of the wins the game has to offer is very disappointing.

Do i think that the player i mention are good at this game that is without question but that is the very reason why they looked bad in the first place, you can't tell me they did not know how cheap Raiden is they knew exactly how cheap he is and I mean cheap people and yet they still pick him anyway.

You wanna pick a broken character in a tourney go ahead knock yourself out but dont call yourself a top player because you are not.

HaxMurderer

• Strongest Tiger
  • aka NegroNinja aka Biki aka HotPockets
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: November 06, 2011, 09:43:18 PM »
...Wow....

You realize you just more or less stated that there are no top players in any game, just a bunch of high-tier using bums, and that the REAL top players simply don't win tournaments. Which by general logic would make the REAL top players the bums in actuality, and the high-tier whoring bums the REAL top players.....So I actually..agree with you...?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2011, 09:49:05 PM by HaxMurderer »

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: November 06, 2011, 10:44:08 PM »
Ha ha, I remember we have a very similar debate here a year ago, or even more than that.
There was a lot of discussion about the point system being implemented on A.I.
Now there is no point to that, since the console version seems pretty balanced, it might have tiers, but no god tiers or broken fatsos dropping kicks againts everything.

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: November 07, 2011, 12:14:00 AM »
...Wow....

You realize you just more or less stated that there are no top players in any game, just a bunch of high-tier using bums, and that the REAL top players simply don't win tournaments. Which by general logic would make the REAL top players the bums in actuality, and the high-tier whoring bums the REAL top players.....So I actually..agree with you...?

Well lets just say that my definition of top player is very different than most people.

Now i dont know you as a person but i have seen you in the STA ranbats a few times now i know you play Kim Terry and Joe, so let me give you and example of what i       meant in my last post.
say you are playing that dude name BBZ and you guys are going at it in a 3 out of 5 bout, you pick your team and he picks his and you get the first to fights and at that moment BBZ changes his team and puts Raiden and ends up winning the fight, how would feel about him as a player when you know he doesn't need to used Raiden to actually give you a good fight.

By all means he has to win but If he had to do it in a cheap way when he doesn't have to takes all the respect away in my book, but that's just me.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #431 on: November 07, 2011, 12:29:39 AM »
It would be nice if "top players" had such skill, that they could use whomever they wanted to, and win. You would think match-up data, character ability, and overall determination would be the end-all at these times... but the more you watch "high level" play, the more you know this isn't how fighters really work.

Generally, it's more of a "The top players find the BEST tools, and then fight each other, to prove who is the best at using these tools.". Balance in a game is rarely so well done, as to make each character really hae a chance. I think XIII console is REALLY trying to achieve this, though, and I also think the 3 character choices + EX moves are trying VERY hard to make it so that people CAN play with anyone, as long as they're willing to balance their teams efficiently.

Zyn, at least there ARE top players of KoF XIII who try to put up a very good "play who I wanna!" fight with their characters, to achieve victory. Haregogo's Joe stands toe-to-toe with people like K' and Raiden, but at days end, often times, it's the characters with the stronger combo potential off EVERYTHING that wins out in top player matches. Makes me very happy to see Joe's changes, because it seems like he got exactly what he needed to be more competitive.

I think it was pretty clear what made characters OP in XIII, and I think that's being balanced well. I'm quite interested to see if the Japanese choose new characters, when they've been made more balanced, or if they just stick with who they have, because they actually LIKE them.

Zyn, have you ever tried to enter a competitive atmosphere and test out your own choices of characters? I've fought people I'd considered tourney-level players with my wonder low-tiers of choice, any often it does leave a bad taste in my mouth, that I'm losing more due to bad characters than SIMPLY my own lower skill, but I think that breeds good fundamentals, because you really have to known your characters inside out to even BE able to stand up to such overwhelming odds...

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: November 07, 2011, 01:06:09 AM »
Tier whoring works differently in KOF. It seems to be the majority of people stick a top tier character on their team and two others that they prefer. At least in my experience. It seems like every good player in 98 had either Iori, Chris, Yashiro in 2nd or 3rd and whoever else in the other spots. In 2K2 same thing with Athena, Angel, Chang, and sometimes Iori in there.

I've rarely seen tournaments where players only have the S+ characters on their team. Poongko in XI had Gato as leader, but Kyo and Iori in 2nd and 3rd. Yeah, XI is a different game but it's important to keep in mind team symmetry.

*Given the mechanics of 13 it's safe to say that this isn't Marvel 2 where you absolutely need to have top characters to win in tournaments.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 01:10:00 AM by LouisCipher »
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: November 07, 2011, 01:12:02 AM »
Well sab-ca I haven't been in tourney scene in a very long time but when i did fight in those times there was what you would call sort like an unspoken rule about who to pick and who not to.

The balancing in XIII is probably one of reasons why i wait calm and relaxed for the game i've been sloly but surely getting back to a KOF state of mind, the players I went up against didn't care about tier or high level or top players and all that it was much simple if you pick someone we didn't care who we just when at it period.

Many a time i lost to some cheap trick you know something like Goro vs O.Rugal and all but never did i think that the guy playing was the man because he had Rugal and i had Goro.

You are gonna join the tourney that is happening after the released right? I'll see you there and show you how players that don't care about tier,high level and top player stuff get down, we my good sir are gonna have a great time kicking eachother's asses.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #434 on: November 07, 2011, 01:43:49 AM »
O.Rugal

Who picks O.Rugal though? :P

Plus if you're talking 98... man, got dat Daimon.