Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362267 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #465 on: November 08, 2011, 02:45:07 AM »
so how are we going to get more people to get into kof once 13 comes out?
are there going to be more tutorial vids like dandy j's coming from DC on how to play?

i just figure that it is kind of important to get the word out about this game, so that it can have a long lifespan like some of its predecessors as a great kof game and fair better than some other games that only stayed competitive for a year or so.
well do what you can cause any little bit helps just dont try to shove the game down peoples throats

look gametrailers finally did something right
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:46:52 AM by Xxenace »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: November 08, 2011, 02:48:59 AM »
are there going to be more tutorial vids like dandy j's coming from DC on how to play?

i just figure that it is kind of important to get the word out about this game, so that it can have a long lifespan like some of its predecessors as a great kof game and fair better than some other games that only stayed competitive for a year or so.

Well a new tutorial vid would probably help.  Also it would help to get some notable names to get the word out and play.  JWong playing should help, but idk how much he'd help initially since I would assume he'd be busy in the first month trying to reclaim his Marvel crown.  Tokido being Tokido will play because he plays everything.  Poongko being a former KOF player might get on that as well (though idk if he'll be there for SCR).

First month will be crucial though.  Got to have some good play.  Don't want the first look a lot of people see of KOF to be randoms bumbling around.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: November 08, 2011, 02:54:44 AM »
well im doing what i can to help kinda get the word out i keep the KoF XIII thread updated on gametrailers.com pretty much every time something new pops up

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: November 08, 2011, 02:59:56 AM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: November 08, 2011, 03:03:00 AM »

Play the game.  Encourage others to play it.  Explain why it's awesome.  Show some hype stuff.  Tell them where to find more info (dreamcancel.com is a good place to start  ;) ).

Optionally, take to wearing half of a Mr. Karate mask and calling yourself the phantom of the KOFfers.  Bonus points if you can also find a tuxedo with a knee belt.
Old man/bad player

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: November 08, 2011, 04:06:59 AM »

Play the game.  Encourage others to play it.  Explain why it's awesome.  Show some hype stuff.  Tell them where to find more info (dreamcancel.com is a good place to start  ;) ).

Optionally, take to wearing half of a Mr. Karate mask and calling yourself the phantom of the KOFfers.  Bonus points if you can also find a tuxedo with a knee belt.

my post was mean't was more or less about me wondering if the DC community planned on doing things like Master Classes and a tutorial about how to play the game and such.

however i'll definitely get at least a few people to get this game and enjoy it.
 and a general tutorial
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #471 on: November 08, 2011, 04:18:26 AM »

my post was mean't was more or less about me wondering if the DC community planned on doing things like Master Classes and a tutorial about how to play the game and such.

however i'll definitely get at least a few people to get this game and enjoy it.
 and a general tutorial

I think the training mode in the game will feature a good beginners tutorial mode on how to play.

I also think helping players out directly in form of them recording their own gameplay and having people critique it (or break it down Kane317 and Metaphysics analysis style) would help better than just a tutorial video.

But you never know, once the game comes out people will be making and creating their own videos to help themselves and others.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: November 08, 2011, 04:57:45 AM »
so am i gonna be the only one who sits and the front page and waits for the counter to hit all 13?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: November 08, 2011, 05:27:45 AM »
so am i gonna be the only one who sits and the front page and waits for the counter to hit all 13?

...Yeah, most likely.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: November 08, 2011, 05:35:18 AM »

...Yeah, most likely.
well you people are lame as hell!

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 08, 2011, 05:42:52 AM »

...Yeah, most likely.
enjoy that one second of glory
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 08, 2011, 05:43:15 AM »

...Yeah, most likely.

>_> What do you mean "You People"?

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 08, 2011, 06:05:22 AM »

...Yeah, most likely.

>_> What do you mean "You People"?

He means the all powerful Mantequilla

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 08, 2011, 06:41:17 AM »
A photo of the 13:13:13:13 moment should be taken, for the memory of future generations.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: November 08, 2011, 08:30:37 AM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

Anyone catch the bit about a revamped lobby? Other than that and Kyokuga master, was an excellent clip that really did the game justice.

Wonder why they didn't show a more diverse set of chrs in gameplay.