Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362069 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #480 on: November 08, 2011, 10:29:18 AM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

Anyone catch the bit about a revamped lobby? Other than that and Kyokuga master, was an excellent clip that really did the game justice.

Wonder why they didn't show a more diverse set of chrs in gameplay.

Bigger character diversity would've been icing on the best cake of a preview I've ever seen for KOF in America. GT mentioned more than half the stuff that's got us hyped for the game, showed mid-to-high level gameplay, showed cutscenes and console characters, and spoke like they actually did their homework when it came to the game. Bravo to GT!

And yeah, that might be the best looking FG lobby I've seen in this generation yet.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: November 08, 2011, 01:57:19 PM »
i've got a question...

since the new change for k''s ex fireball starts slow and gets progressively faster as it goes, does that mean that a player can do an ex fireball and use blackout to setup an unblockable from the other side?

of course the opponent could roll or jump to get away ( and it cost a meter ), but i'm just wondering if thats the case.

I don't think it works that way, K' can be punish during Blackout so I don't think it will be very useful outside of a wake up situation or even then.

i already explained that this is very impractical in my post, what i was wondering was if it would set up a tricky mix-up or even an unblockable if it was timed well.

(was really interested in figuring this out too)
Hmm... doesn't appear possible at all from this vid given the time you can start moving and the steadily increasing speed. Doesn't look like blackout would catchup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGNbDsRlAw&#t=4m1s
and again at 1:07:12
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lGGNbDsRlAw&#t=1h7m12s
Goes right into narrow spike from minute spike, fast but not even close.

Still looks fine in terms of running after it to create pressure.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 02:00:36 PM by BioBooster »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: November 08, 2011, 05:50:19 PM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

Anyone catch the bit about a revamped lobby? Other than that and Kyokuga master, was an excellent clip that really did the game justice.

Bigger character diversity would've been icing on the best cake of a preview I've ever seen for KOF in America. GT mentioned more than half the stuff that's got us hyped for the game, showed mid-to-high level gameplay, showed cutscenes and console characters, and spoke like they actually did their homework when it came to the game. Bravo to GT!

And yeah, that might be the best looking FG lobby I've seen in this generation yet.
please dont congratulate gametrailers on anything

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: November 08, 2011, 05:59:22 PM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

Look on the bright side.  They aren't IGN.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: November 08, 2011, 06:09:40 PM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

they're just as bad anyone that gives kirby's epic yarn the best graphics of the year award has more than a few screws loose(not saying that epic was is a bad game cause its totally not) and ive pretty much been living on that site for like 4 years so i pretty much know all the stunts they are going to pull

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: November 08, 2011, 06:19:44 PM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

they're just as bad anyone that gives kirby's epic yarn the best graphics of the year award has more than a few screws loose(not saying that epic was is a bad game cause its totally not) and ive pretty much been living on that site for like 4 years so i pretty much know all the stunts they are going to pull

Which is why gamers should only trust their own criticisms for games, and not "official reviewers".  Or at the least, trust your friends, or the friends that aren't too afraid to say bad on a certain game.

Official reviewers tend to overhype games previous to release, and then only notice flaws afterwards.  Not to mention, if a certain publisher's pockets are deep enough they never have to worry about getting a bad review for a game.

Of course, I don't really go to GT for reviews, I go to GT for...well, trailers, and their fun side projects, and soon, for Skullgirls Friday Night Fights.  So idk how bad or good their reviewers are or how much they're..."influenced" but it's usually the same song and dance for every reviewer.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: November 08, 2011, 06:36:16 PM »
Kyokuga master?????
Eh...what?

Which is why gamers should only trust their own criticisms for games, and not "official reviewers".  Or at the least, trust your friends, or the friends that aren't too afraid to say bad on a certain game.

Official reviewers tend to overhype games previous to release, and then only notice flaws afterwards.  Not to mention, if a certain publisher's pockets are deep enough they never have to worry about getting a bad review for a game.

Of course, I don't really go to GT for reviews, I go to GT for...well, trailers, and their fun side projects, and soon, for Skullgirls Friday Night Fights.  So idk how bad or good their reviewers are or how much they're..."influenced" but it's usually the same song and dance for every reviewer.
you dont even go for the general gaming section shame on you son all though it would be nice to have some of you guys around gt for when kof hits i have a below average knowledge of fighting games so i cant be much of a teacher if someone needs help and it be nice to see someone who just doesn't play sf or tekken

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: November 08, 2011, 06:41:21 PM »
I can't teach people how to play a game if I don't really know what I'm doing myself >_>.

Right now, all my knowledge for XIII is theory based and is off of watching...well everyone else play the damn game.

I can help teach maybe the general basics for fighting games, but beyond that, I don't have enough mastery to truly help.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: November 08, 2011, 06:55:33 PM »
A photo of the 13:13:13:13 moment should be taken, for the memory of future generations.

I second this.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: November 08, 2011, 06:58:15 PM »
A photo of the 13:13:13:13 moment should be taken, for the memory of future generations.

I second this.
SHIT I MISSED IT RESET THE TIMER!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: November 08, 2011, 07:09:56 PM »

I second this.
SHIT I MISSED IT RESET THE TIMER!

hahahahaha, you have failed.

I count that as a victory for me.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: November 08, 2011, 07:19:12 PM »
lol, i think we all missed it.

And previous posts reminded me the year that Gametrollers gave COD MW2 the GOTY award in everything: Best PS3 game, Best 360 game, Best PC game,etc. Oh i remember the rage and shitstorm of those days in the site.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: November 08, 2011, 07:34:54 PM »

And previous posts reminded me the year that Gametrollers gave COD MW2 the GOTY award in everything: Best PS3 game, Best 360 game, Best PC game,etc. Oh i remember the rage and shitstorm of those days in the site.

Well all I know is, if Arkham City don't get a GOTY award somewhere, my rage will be unparalleled.

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: November 08, 2011, 08:52:01 PM »

Well all I know is, if Arkham City don't get a GOTY award somewhere, my rage will be unparalleled.

Arkham city, uncharted 3 and Kof xiii.. So much awesome and that's just this fall. There has also been a couple of seriously awesome dlc psn titles. What a year!

On a side note, i'm digging into kof xii again while waiting for xiii and while it does feel uneven and incomplete most characters seem to have some things going for them and there are even those that like "claw Iori" for example have a fairly complete feel to them. I've grown to enjoy that game more and more though that may ofcourse just be because xiii is getting closer and closer.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: November 08, 2011, 10:27:14 PM »
Uh, yeah, keep holding on to that dream for KOFXIII.  It's a good game, though I doubt it'll be winning anything this year.

Uncharted vs. Arkham City should be a nice battle though.