Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362072 times)

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #540 on: November 10, 2011, 04:15:19 AM »
Dear Blog Cancel, i pre-ordered KOF XIII today, can't wait for the release of the game, need to play dat Story Mode.

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: November 10, 2011, 07:27:44 AM »
The bit in the tutorial about Mai made me wonder: for as much as people demand and clamor for her, does anyone actually pick her? Or is it "NO MAI, NO BUY!" *then picks K'*

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: November 10, 2011, 07:31:25 AM »
The bit in the tutorial about Mai made me wonder: for as much as people demand and clamor for her, does anyone actually pick her? Or is it "NO MAI, NO BUY!" *then picks K'*

People pick her when she's actually...you know, good.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: November 10, 2011, 08:11:55 AM »
People play Mai at home with one hand...
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Kusanagi-Style

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: November 10, 2011, 11:12:10 AM »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/37683210150354417519331.jpg/

Look what's on the European cover of Neo magazine... No, it ain't Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. :D
KOF XIII: Iori/King/Yuri

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: November 10, 2011, 11:23:04 AM »
Thanks for that Kusanagi. It's almost like a dream, the amount of media attention KOF is getting.
"Get Serious!!"
"OKAY!!"

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: November 10, 2011, 11:30:10 AM »
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/521/37683210150354417519331.jpg/

Look what's on the European cover of Neo magazine... No, it ain't Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3. :D

That's awesome. I'm sort of surprised that it isn't UMVC3, and yet I'm not. RSG and SNKPlaymore has been hitting Europe heavy with a lot of exposure; I'm glad SNKP seems to try to take a world view on things, as NA and Europe are probably two of the biggest untapped markets for KOF/SNK games. I don't think Atlus has been doing as much as RSG (feel free to correct me if I'm wrong), but I can't complain as I've never seen this simultaenous effort of advertising, console-improving, and community-reaching for an SNK game in America.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #547 on: November 10, 2011, 11:53:19 AM »
Today's Blog update appears to be about "The Network Mode":

http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/11/post_50.html

Ashspiralingblood

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: November 10, 2011, 12:25:01 PM »
Knew it that they were going to show network mode first before ex kyo and ex takuma, it would have being weird not to push information till release week

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #549 on: November 10, 2011, 12:51:17 PM »
And now, we have the Prof's summary:

SNKP made their weekly blog update. This week, it's about the network but there's not much worthwhile info except that you can go frame by frame in replay. Hopefully it's frame-by-frame in 60fps. Interestingly, there's no mention of a slow-motion option in the blog, but the sample video shows it. Hopefully the blog's staff didn't mistake the two terms (frame-by-frame and slow motion).

Also, they're out of things to talk about and they're wondering what to write about in the next update. Here's a quick summary.

• Network mode roughly has two options, "Ranked Match" and "Player Match". Ranking Match allows you to play with a determined set of rules and your winning results will reflect on your ranking. Player Match on the other hand has no effect on ranking but lets you customize the rules up to a certain level.
  • You can search for opponents by "Quick Matching" or "Customized Matching". You can set various search options when using Customized Matching. Like for instance, you can filter network speed by four levels/bars. The search options are somewhat different between Ranked and Custom matches. Also, you can set a region filter as well as a network speed filter when you're hosting.
  • As a network-mode-only feature, you can save replays. You can also upload replays, but only in Ranked Match and if you're in the monthly 100s.
  • Your saved replays can be viewed from the Replay Mode in the main menu. You can also download replays from the rankings and use them for studying. You can display/hide the meters, attack data, command data, jump through rounds, pause, and go frame-by-frame.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: November 10, 2011, 12:57:22 PM »
So, you can not search online match while you are playing against CPU... Sad, for me this is a great feature. I hate SCIV online mode, for example, where i have to enter in online play and search, search, search, seach till I find someone to play... :(
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: November 10, 2011, 01:16:03 PM »
It sounds like the system they're using in KOF95-96 with a couple of things added, which is perfectly fine by me.

I don't need a tons of bells and whistles in my netcode, I just want a way to avoid laggers and a good solid netcode.  I think we're going to get that for the most part. 

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: November 10, 2011, 02:20:52 PM »
did they ever say how many people can be in a player match room?

Alucard DX

• Rising Dragon
  • Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: November 10, 2011, 02:33:02 PM »
I was expecting the reveal of EX Kyo and MR Karate on this last update of SNK blog not a video about replay features. :(

Maybe they reveal it next week i hope so.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: November 10, 2011, 02:54:53 PM »
I was expecting the reveal of EX Kyo and MR Karate on this last update of SNK blog not a video about replay features. :(

Maybe they reveal it next week i hope so.

i'm pretty sure we all want that.
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'