Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362068 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #600 on: November 11, 2011, 04:12:59 PM »
if there's anything new post some scans if you can.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: November 11, 2011, 04:17:39 PM »
Will do!
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: November 11, 2011, 05:16:09 PM »
Nope nothing new to report besides the Magazine giving it 4.5 stars out of 5
And it seems RSG is working very closely with the Magazine itself
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: November 11, 2011, 05:16:52 PM »
So looking at Atlus's YouTube channel, for some reason I feel like ranking the views on each character's trailer video. There is a large gap in view between pre- and post-delay announcement videos so I'm ranking them separately, lowest to highest.

PRE-DELAY

Maxima - 20,050
Goro - 20,418
Andy - 22,390
Benimaru- 26,396
Ash - 27,458
Joe - 31,625
Yuri- 32,509
Kula - 33,368
Billy Kane - 34,567
King - 36,752
K' - 43,726
Terry - 50,029
Saiki - 56,579
Kyo - 65,735
Mai - 67,863
Flame Iori - 109,812

POST-DELAY

Robert - 4,933
Mature - 5,183
Vice - 5,314
Ryo - 5,495
Takuma - 5,690
Raiden - 7,314
Hwa Jai - 8,060
Chin - 8,064
Duo Lon - 8,128
Shen Woo - 8,132
Ralf - 8,703
Kensou - 8,877
Clark - 9,077
Claw Iori - 9,191
Kim - 10,135
Leona - 10,463
Athena - 11,242
Elisabeth - 13,267

If you wanted to break that down into most popular character per team:
Japan: Kyo
Fatal Fury: Terry
Art of Fighting: Takuma
Kim: Kim
Psycho Soldier: Athena
Elisabeth: Elisabeth
Ikari Warriors: Leona
K': K'
Women Fighters: Mai
Yagami: Iori

So yeah. I don't think there are any real surprises there.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: November 11, 2011, 05:22:37 PM »
Nope nothing new to report besides the Magazine giving it 4.5 stars out of 5
And it seems RSG is working very closely with the Magazine itself

Their web site is seriously out-of-date! Like reviews of a 3 year-old DBZ game out-of date.

Any snippits you can provide on the review would be appreciated!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: November 11, 2011, 07:15:21 PM »
Esaka is where the company headquarters are, so I've always seen Esaka as the theme of SNK in general, more than just Kyo specifically. "Goodbye Esaka" is the only song to directly reference the state of the company, however.

Tears is a great Kyo theme. I prefer Goodbye Esaka. But there are lots other good ones. I'm fine with whichever one SNK picks. Although the XII version of Esaka would be a good choice, just because it's a great one that's never been used in-game. It really shouldn't go to waste.
you mean Osaka right? esaka was the name of a train station in osaka

Um, and where do you think the name of the train station came from? :P

C'mon, people. Osaka is the name of the city. Esaka is the area where SNK is located.

@Phoenixazure: Are you sure about that? That's pretty cool if true. I'll definitely look forward to hearing that in-game then.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: November 11, 2011, 08:33:34 PM »

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: November 11, 2011, 08:36:21 PM »
Esaka is where the company headquarters are, so I've always seen Esaka as the theme of SNK in general, more than just Kyo specifically. "Goodbye Esaka" is the only song to directly reference the state of the company, however.

Tears is a great Kyo theme. I prefer Goodbye Esaka. But there are lots other good ones. I'm fine with whichever one SNK picks. Although the XII version of Esaka would be a good choice, just because it's a great one that's never been used in-game. It really shouldn't go to waste.

C'mon, people. Osaka is the name of the city. Esaka is the area where SNK is located.

@Phoenixazure: Are you sure about that? That's pretty cool if true. I'll definitely look forward to hearing that in-game then.
dunno if your exactly right unless you can prove me wrong snk's hq is located in suita city in northern osaka and as far as i can tell there isn't any area called esaka(cept for the train station and a few hotels that have it in there names) also im not to sure if the esaka train station was named after the song(though i might be wrong as i cant seem to find the date when it first opened) but im more than willing to be proven wrong

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: November 11, 2011, 09:07:48 PM »
I'd be careful with that statement.  While people do (or at least SHOULD) believe that Kyo is the main character of the KOF series, calling something of his representative of the company is shaky ground considering Terry Bogard and Ryo Sakazaki exist and backlash tends to happen.

I never said that Kyo was the most iconic character of SNK, i just said that those themes were iconic for SNK

Esaka: They were talking about the location of SNK in osaka
Esaka Forever: I recall hearing that this was supposed to be as a goodbye to the neo geo to jump into the HNG 64, but like we knew, never happened

Tears could be saw as the fall of SNK

Goodbye Esaka is the goodbye

This was maybe intentional or not, but is a nice coincidence that I like to think that was supposed onto that way

Waifu Material

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: November 11, 2011, 10:03:35 PM »
is there any chance of being able to get a way to read what's inside of the magazine?
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: November 11, 2011, 10:20:48 PM »
Elive pro exhibition stream

KOF XIII is on now!

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #611 on: November 11, 2011, 10:27:05 PM »
http://www.ogaming.tv/

Is this the same as the eLive Pro Stream? Either way... KoF XIII Console: 360 version streaming now!
(Thanks for link from Edgeward on Neogaf)

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: November 11, 2011, 10:41:22 PM »

dunno if your exactly right unless you can prove me wrong snk's hq is located in suita city in northern osaka and as far as i can tell there isn't any area called esaka(cept for the train station and a few hotels that have it in there names) also im not to sure if the esaka train station was named after the song(though i might be wrong as i cant seem to find the date when it first opened) but im more than willing to be proven wrong

No, no, no. I never meant that the station was named after the song. The station was named after the place. Just think about all the stages in KOF games that are NAMED Esaka. Not all of them feature train stations, right? Some of them feature arcades, for example!

Suita-ku is a ward of Osaka. Big Japanese cities are broken up into multiple wards. I might be more accurate to call Esaka a neighborhood of Suita-ku, but the English translation is a little fuzzy here.

For another example, Akihabara is located in Chiyodu-ku (TECHNICALLY Taitou-ku), which is a ward of Tokyo city. Esaka is located in Suita-ku, part of Osaka.

@Delta: Wow, that's awesome. The presentation looks excellent. Thanks for the scans. If I was in the UK, I'd definitely pick up a copy.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, 10:43:03 PM by Rex Dart »

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: November 11, 2011, 10:48:38 PM »
http://www.ogaming.tv/

Is this the same as the eLive Pro Stream? Either way... KoF XIII Console: 360 version streaming now!
(Thanks for link from Edgeward on Neogaf)

yeah that's the one. Stupid me forgot to include the link. I was busy hanging up the washing (has to happen yeah)

giga_d

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: November 11, 2011, 11:00:05 PM »
My PS3 is at my cousins house atm.

Anyone know if the 360 version is region free? If not anywhere where this info can be obtained asap? thx