Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362071 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #615 on: November 11, 2011, 11:03:51 PM »
My PS3 is at my cousins house atm.

Anyone know if the 360 version is region free? If not anywhere where this info can be obtained asap? thx

Nop, 360 is not region free unfortunately. Specially since KOFXIII has 3 different publishers for different regions.

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: November 11, 2011, 11:17:30 PM »
Esaka is where the company headquarters are, so I've always seen Esaka as the theme of SNK in general, more than just Kyo specifically. "Goodbye Esaka" is the only song to directly reference the state of the company, however.

Tears is a great Kyo theme. I prefer Goodbye Esaka. But there are lots other good ones. I'm fine with whichever one SNK picks. Although the XII version of Esaka would be a good choice, just because it's a great one that's never been used in-game. It really shouldn't go to waste.
you mean Osaka right? esaka was the name of a train station in osaka

Um, and where do you think the name of the train station came from? :P

C'mon, people. Osaka is the name of the city. Esaka is the area where SNK is located.

@Phoenixazure: Are you sure about that? That's pretty cool if true. I'll definitely look forward to hearing that in-game then.
dunno if your exactly right unless you can prove me wrong snk's hq is located in suita city in northern osaka and as far as i can tell there isn't any area called esaka(cept for the train station and a few hotels that have it in there names) also im not to sure if the esaka train station was named after the song(though i might be wrong as i cant seem to find the date when it first opened) but im more than willing to be proven wrong

No, no, no. I never meant that the station was named after the song. The station was named after the place. Just think about all the stages in KOF games that are NAMED Esaka. Not all of them feature train stations, right? Some of them feature arcades, for example!

Suita-ku is a ward of Osaka. Big Japanese cities are broken up into multiple wards. I might be more accurate to call Esaka a neighborhood of Suita-ku, but the English translation is a little fuzzy here.

For another example, Akihabara is located in Chiyodu-ku (TECHNICALLY Taitou-ku), which is a ward of Tokyo city. Esaka is located in Suita-ku, part of Osaka.

@Delta: Wow, that's awesome. The presentation looks excellent. Thanks for the scans. If I was in the UK, I'd definitely pick up a copy.

FOOLS
The HQ is in Dotonbouri, Shinsaibashi aint it? :I
Thats what Gunsmith told me.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: November 11, 2011, 11:26:18 PM »

FOOLS
The HQ is in Dotonbouri, Shinsaibashi aint it? :I
Thats what Gunsmith told me.

if you google where was snk HQ located?

it will tell you that it was located in Osaka

http://snk.wikia.com/wiki/Esaka (reference)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: November 12, 2011, 05:40:57 AM »
Returning to EX-KYO theme, SNKP can give him the same one they gave him on KOF XI:

The King of Fighters XI - Esaka? (Ex-Kyo Kusanagi's Theme)

Nothing new on the news, so I bring the topic back. lol

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #619 on: November 12, 2011, 11:23:19 AM »
Serious question

Will the multiplayer be region locked like those idiots at MK did? (i had the region 1 version and i could not play someone with a region 2 disc vs online) i am talking about the ps3 version

Thank you!

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: November 12, 2011, 12:57:39 PM »
Three different publishers: Atlus, SNK, and RSG. All for different regions. I am pretty sure it's going to be region locked.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: November 12, 2011, 01:22:04 PM »
Returning to EX-KYO theme, SNKP can give him the same one they gave him on KOF XI:

The King of Fighters XI - Esaka? (Ex-Kyo Kusanagi's Theme)

Nothing new on the news, so I bring the topic back. lol

There is already an esaka theme in the game. EX kyo should have this

KOF'2003 - Blaze (Kyo Kusanagi Theme) OST

The Fluke

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: November 12, 2011, 01:30:29 PM »
Three different publishers: Atlus, SNK, and RSG. All for different regions. I am pretty sure it's going to be region locked.

Actually, it could go either way because the most probable reason for snkp using multiple publishers is that it just puts less strain on a now relatively small company. Hopefully online is region free though having it locked should atleast help keep some laggy games away i guess.

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #623 on: November 12, 2011, 02:46:12 PM »

Actually, it could go either way because the most probable reason for snkp using multiple publishers is that it just puts less strain on a now relatively small company. Hopefully online is region free though having it locked should atleast help keep some laggy games away i guess.

This is stupid.If you buy the game from another region you SHOULD be able to connect to whoever you want based on the connexion bars(like 99% of games on the market today ...except mk).I will be getting the us version ... so what's the idea me not being able to play someone in the same game based in europe but with a region 2 disc? I hope they do not do this idiotic thing.

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #624 on: November 12, 2011, 03:33:57 PM »
The game clearly states "Worldwide netplay" on like... every single company website and packaging scan available. How often has anyone seen region-locked online play?

The Blog update from this very week even says we have the option to select a region filter, right? Why would anyone think the online play would be region locked?!?

The only thing that could be region locked is the game disk itself (and mostly on 360, since most PS3 games are region free.)

The game itself being region locked to consoles of different regions, wouldn't be too suprising though. Especially if each region had some specific translation work done, or if they just want to keep members of each region from trying to buy other regions editions, to get foreign preorder /special edition bonuses.  But we won't know details on that until release, or near it.

I can't think of one fighter I've played this generation... or even the last one, really, that had region locked online play. I remember lagging with the Japanese players on DOA, screaming in horror at foreign play on Hyper Fightings atrocious netcode, being fairly impressed with them on HD Remix, and meeting people from all areas of the world on NGBC and 2K2UM online...

milesw

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: November 12, 2011, 03:34:44 PM »

This is stupid.If you buy the game from another region you SHOULD be able to connect to whoever you want based on the connexion bars(like 99% of games on the market today ...except mk).I will be getting the us version ... so what's the idea me not being able to play someone in the same game based in europe but with a region 2 disc? I hope they do not do this idiotic thing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=-S19VfY7Bro#t=102s
It says you can play againt rivals around the world.
+the picture of the globe...

Also. Blazblue had multiple publishers and wasnt region locked. SNK have been in the game too long to make such a bad move (coughXIIcough)

I'll just look at these above sources to keep myself from being worried.
満月の夜にまた会おうか!

My youtube
http://www.youtube.com/user/mairusu1

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #626 on: November 12, 2011, 03:39:28 PM »
The game clearly states "Worldwide netplay" on like... every single company website and packaging scan available. How often has anyone seen region-locked online play?

The Blog update from this very week even says we have the option to select a region filter, right? Why would anyone think the online play would be region locked?!?

The only thing that could be region locked is the game disk itself (and mostly on 360, since most PS3 games are region free.)

The game itself being region locked to consoles of different regions, wouldn't be too suprising though. Especially if each region had some specific translation work done, or if they just want to keep members of each region from trying to buy other regions editions, to get foreign preorder /special edition bonuses.  But we won't know details on that until release, or near it.

I can't think of one fighter I've played this generation... or even the last one, really, that had region locked online play. I remember lagging with the Japanese players on DOA, screaming in horror at foreign play on Hyper Fightings atrocious netcode, being fairly impressed with them on HD Remix, and meeting people from all areas of the world on NGBC and 2K2UM online...

Read my post. MK has multiplayer locked on region(i think some genius at NR thought it will be a brilliant idea!!!! ).I have a region 1 disc and i cannot play someone with a region 2 disk here in europe (when me or him send an invite to play and accept it... it says please insert MK disk!) this is why i asked

Hope what you guys said it's true
« Last Edit: November 12, 2011, 03:42:59 PM by KBlackNoah »

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #627 on: November 12, 2011, 03:46:32 PM »
Read my post. MK has multiplayer locked on region(i think some genius at NR thought it will be a brilliant idea!!!! ).I have a region 1 disc and i cannot play someone with a region 2 disk here in europe (when me or him send an invite to play and accept it... it says please insert MK disk!) this is why i asked

Ahhh, so you're saying it was a Europe-only style issue. Yeah, I skimmed, lack of sleep! :( Anywho, hope that doesn't happen for you guys. Was there a difference in content (like some kinda censorship) in the European edition? Or a difference in the Hertz the games run at or something? That's a pretty odd issue.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 12, 2011, 03:58:25 PM »
did anything interesting happen on that stream?
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #629 on: November 12, 2011, 04:09:41 PM »

Ahhh, so you're saying it was a Europe-only style issue. Yeah, I skimmed, lack of sleep! :( Anywho, hope that doesn't happen for you guys. Was there a difference in content (like some kinda censorship) in the European edition? Or a difference in the Hertz the games run at or something? That's a pretty odd issue.

I do not know of any differences between region 1 or region 2 mk.they are the same.I think the smart people at NR just region blocked the game as in people forced to play on their region to cut down laggy matches ...but they didn't think that some people from other region might get the game and when they try to play online POW you are forced to play on region 1 servers like i am .. .which is close to unplayable.
If you will buy an mk region 2 disk ..surprise welcome to european servers and there is no way to play it with a friend with a region 1 disk or play with people from us (unless they have the region 2 disk).I do not have any problems with ssf4, blazeblue, tekken, marvel which are all region 1  ...etc and ah3 japanese version.AH3 was so godlike in netcode that i could even play almost lagless matches with people from US!
MK is the only game i have seen this garbage.and i hope i do not see it ever again...especially in XIII