Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 362258 times)

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #630 on: November 12, 2011, 04:14:13 PM »
did anything interesting happen on that stream?

Just some solid play using new changes. Frio, Piccolo, and others fought, we saw some Goro and Duo Lon domination, and the french commentary sounded very hype, lol. Doubt I saw it from the vey beginning, so that's the best I can tell.

@KBlack - Hmmm, that's very odd. Well, shouldn't happen here, as KoF has been promoting Worldwide play so much. Shouldn't have happened at all though... but I guess it's because of their server-dependant matchmaking and stuff.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 12, 2011, 04:38:38 PM »
dumb discussions are also needed in times of draught.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2011, 04:47:35 PM »
so..... what characters are people looking forward to seeing how they will play in console?

psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 12, 2011, 05:18:25 PM »
goro
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

kofrookie

• New Challenger
  • t('.'t)
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 12, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
I'm really looking forward to Joe.  I feel he's a little weak and limited in 2002 so 13's version is getting me excited to play him.  I'm also really hoping that canceling his slide into Bakuretsu Ken won't require using turbo anymore.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: November 12, 2011, 06:02:36 PM »
dumb discussions are also needed in times of draught.

As long as they're the good kind of dumb discussions, yeah, it helps the sanity a lot.

And Sab, is there an archive of that stream?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: November 12, 2011, 07:05:26 PM »
I'm really looking forward to Joe.  I feel he's a little weak and limited in 2002 so 13's version is getting me excited to play him.  I'm also really hoping that canceling his slide into Bakuretsu Ken won't require using turbo anymore.

when i slide as soon as i press the kick button i do a couple of punches, and then once it connects do a few more.

however i'm playing 94' when doing this and in that game slide doesn't combo but it still cancels.

is it possible to piano for specials in kof? because i tried doing it with a and c and it didn't seem like i could.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: November 12, 2011, 07:14:16 PM »
A question for pad users.

I've been playing fighters on keyboard for the longest time but now, having bought a PS3 in anticipation of XIII, I'll have to learn playing on a controller (unless there is some easy way to play using a keyboard on PS3?).

Is there any generally accepted control scheme(s) when using a controller for KOF? One that is intuitive and gives easy access to multiple button presses? Also, is it considered okay to map multiple button press actions (like Hyper Drive, EX moves etc) to the should buttons or is that considered cheating?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: November 12, 2011, 07:26:21 PM »

I've been playing fighters on keyboard for the longest time but now, having bought a PS3 in anticipation of XIII, I'll have to learn playing on a controller (unless there is some easy way to play using a keyboard on PS3?).

Is there any generally accepted control scheme(s) when using a controller for KOF? One that is intuitive and gives easy access to multiple button presses? Also, is it considered okay to map multiple button press actions (like Hyper Drive, EX moves etc) to the should buttons or is that considered cheating?

i play both ( mostly pad) i normally use the standard layout where face buttons are punches and kicks. About using shoulder buttons, it isn't considered cheating as far as i know and if you look at the kof 13 button config it has multiple buttons mapped to one. however i would encourage you if you want to get better execution and such not to.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: November 12, 2011, 07:38:02 PM »

it's fine to map button presses to a single button and i dont think ive ever heard of anybody calling that cheating

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: November 12, 2011, 07:51:52 PM »
Three different publishers: Atlus, SNK, and RSG. All for different regions. I am pretty sure it's going to be region locked.

Actually, it could go either way because the most probable reason for snkp using multiple publishers is that it just puts less strain on a now relatively small company. Hopefully online is region free though having it locked should atleast help keep some laggy games away i guess.

This is stupid.If you buy the game from another region you SHOULD be able to connect to whoever you want based on the connexion bars(like 99% of games on the market today ...except mk).I will be getting the us version ... so what's the idea me not being able to play someone in the same game based in europe but with a region 2 disc? I hope they do not do this idiotic thing.

You know that you won't be able to play the dlc characters if u are from europe and u import it from usa right m8?

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: November 12, 2011, 09:29:21 PM »
i play both ( mostly pad) i normally use the standard layout where face buttons are punches and kicks. About using shoulder buttons, it isn't considered cheating as far as i know and if you look at the kof 13 button config it has multiple buttons mapped to one. however i would encourage you if you want to get better execution and such not to.

I don't mind on a keyboard (where I use no shortcuts at all) or a stick but with a controller not so much, since you gotta do everything with one thumb. I'll still give it a shot but I'd rather not go through the frustration if it turns out to be an issue.

it's fine to map button presses to a single button and i dont think ive ever heard of anybody calling that cheating

That's good to hear, thanks.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: November 12, 2011, 09:53:19 PM »

I don't mind on a keyboard (where I use no shortcuts at all) or a stick but with a controller not so much, since you gotta do everything with one thumb. I'll still give it a shot but I'd rather not go through the frustration if it turns out to be an issue.

That's good to hear, thanks.

i understand what you mean about the thumb, i might actually end up using a button for HD since that is the only hard thing to do on a pad. pressing circle, square, and x with anything but triangle is easy. ( i was able to pick up things like kara moves and p-links easy in other fighting games)

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #643 on: November 12, 2011, 10:13:26 PM »
Three different publishers: Atlus, SNK, and RSG. All for different regions. I am pretty sure it's going to be region locked.

BlazBlue had the same situation (three publishers in three regions) and it is not region locked on either console.

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: November 12, 2011, 10:18:03 PM »
UK stream with Gunsmith, Kuso and Cristina.
http://ja.twitch.tv/thepeoplesstream