Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 365277 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #885 on: November 17, 2011, 06:09:58 AM »
did they make a brand new netcode for ngbc and the ngs ports? or did they fix up and use a old one?

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #886 on: November 17, 2011, 06:17:35 AM »
What the hell does Mantiquilla mean?

From what the person told me, the netcode includes rollbacks technology, I think I've said this many times already, no one remembered. I'm gonna redouble my bet and say that it has nothing to do with 96's or much less NGBC's netcode and is superior to both.

May god want it to be that way, for everyone's good.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #887 on: November 17, 2011, 06:41:14 AM »
That's even more confusing, pablo. What the issue is is that there's very little information about the netcode because there's not been a public coast to coast test AND anyone that can talk about it is under a non-disclosure agreement.

People are sheep at times and when one of the biggest fighting game community websites starts posting uninformed articles like that one posted today, it's going to be a seed of doubt that can damage a lot. We don't need lowballing or hints. Facts would be great, but until Tuesday, I doubt that's possible.

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #888 on: November 17, 2011, 06:48:55 AM »
To those who have played (and have been following) the console version, does anyone have any guesses/predictions about who the new top five will be?

My guesses (in no particular order) are K', Kyo, Billy, Saiki and Clark.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #889 on: November 17, 2011, 06:53:22 AM »
I find it strange too, the person told me that he was told there would be beta tests where select people would participate about the time Evo was starting, and that there would be results during the course of it, but later I asked him if they had taken place and he told me that they hadn't, at least to his knowledge. I also find weird that SNKp practically said it would have the best netcode of all fighting games and that they were aiming at a top quality product on all fronts, but haven't said this mouth is mine about the netcode issue until now and the game is about to come out.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 06:55:50 AM by pablofsi »

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #890 on: November 17, 2011, 06:57:41 AM »
To those who have played (and have been following) the console version, does anyone have any guesses/predictions about who the new top five will be?

My guesses (in no particular order) are K', Kyo, Billy, Saiki and Clark.

I can't really say much about the selection aside from Clark. He's gonna be a beast, no doubt. K' hasn't had much exposure in terms of competitive play. Most MCM, EXDRAGONProject streams they're as clueless about the changes as we are till they're reported on. Billy I can see being pretty crazy. I don't know if his moves extend his hitbox, but he's going to be a crazy poke character. The range on his neutral CD is pretty boss as well. What made Kyo good in arcade is not so much in console though and that might not make him top tier. Saiki...I dunno o.o

My guesses though are: Terry, Andy, Kensou, Ash, and Clark

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #891 on: November 17, 2011, 07:00:58 AM »
What the hell does Mantiquilla mean?

From what the person told me, the netcode includes rollbacks technology, I think I've said this many times already, no one remembered. I'm gonna redouble my bet and say that it has nothing to do with 96's or much less NGBC's netcode and is superior to both.

May god want it to be that way, for everyone's good.

Mantequilla = Butter in Spanish
Well I think that is what they are trying to say.

I find it strange too, the person told me that he was told there would be beta tests where select people would participate about the time Evo was starting, and that there would be results during the course of it, but later I asked him if they had taken place and he told me that they hadn't, at least to his knowledge. I also find weird that SNKp practically said it would have the best netcode of all fighting games and that they were aiming at a top quality product on all fronts, but haven't said this mouth is mine about the netcode issue until now and the game is about to come out.

I bet there has been a beta test, but maybe not in the scale we think of. But hopefully all your info is true, because that is what KOFXIII needs, a Playable netcode.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #892 on: November 17, 2011, 07:03:53 AM »
I can't really say much about the selection aside from Clark. He's gonna be a beast, no doubt. K' hasn't had much exposure in terms of competitive play. Most MCM, EXDRAGONProject streams they're as clueless about the changes as we are till they're reported on. Billy I can see being pretty crazy. I don't know if his moves extend his hitbox, but he's going to be a crazy poke character. The range on his neutral CD is pretty boss as well. What made Kyo good in arcade is not so much in console though and that might not make him top tier. Saiki...I dunno o.o

If that's true i'm already hatin' him, just like i hate his 2002 version.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #893 on: November 17, 2011, 07:09:08 AM »

If that's true i'm already hatin' him, just like i hate his 2002 version.

He seems fun though!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #894 on: November 17, 2011, 07:49:55 AM »
What made Kyo good in arcade is not so much in console though and that might not make him top tier.

Kyo's only big nerf (I believe) is that his hcb+K is unsafe on block. But I think being able to more easily connect his qcf+K at mid-screen is a much bigger buff. His damage and HD combos are just as good as before, I believe. His EX Air Orochinagi gives him more options, but probably won't affect his combos too much.

Andy and Kensou I could see being top. Why did you pick Terry and Ash?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #895 on: November 17, 2011, 07:58:39 AM »
cant wait to get my hands on kensou even though 12 was assbutt i still enjoyed using him

and a bit of a complaint from me:im really hoping once the top characters are found out in the game we just dont only see them in matches honestly i stopped watching a good bit of the kce matches because most of them when were k/raiden and liz teams i know they fixed the balance in the console version im just hoping we see a lot more diverse teams

Joekusa

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #896 on: November 17, 2011, 08:07:09 AM »
Hi everybody!

First, sorry for my english, i'll try post without translator :)

I'm one of Neo-Arcadia french player which had his copy yesterday. In Paris, we had 2 shop which receive canadian copy for PS3 (360 come tomorrow) that's why some lucky guys (like me) had already the game. I don't play much but, I can say it is FANTASTIC! The game is full of things to do, to unlock, the new background are really great. I didn't try the online mode for the moment... Loading with install are short (without, they are a bit long) Unlock Billy is to easy and I unlock him in 10 min, in arcade mode, don't still have to meet saiki but it is the same way, just have to meet and beat him.

If you have any questions, I shall try to re-lay there...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #897 on: November 17, 2011, 08:10:29 AM »
Hi everybody!

I'm one of Neo-Arcadia french player which had his copy yesterday. In Paris, we had 2 shop which receive canadian copy for PS3 (360 come tomorrow) that's why some lucky guys (like me) had already the game. I don't play much but, I can say it is FANTASTIC! The game is full of things to do, to unlock, the new background are really great. I didn't try the online mode for the moment... Loading with install are short (without, they are a bit long) Unlock Billy is to easy and I unlock him in 10 min, in arcade mode, don't still have to meet saiki but it is the same way, just have to meet and beat him.

could you please tell us how the online is once you get around to it?

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #898 on: November 17, 2011, 08:11:54 AM »
Hi everybody!

could you please tell us how the online is once you get around to it?

Indeed, mostly this. Also, does the game have a HUD POSITION option?

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #899 on: November 17, 2011, 08:12:09 AM »
What made Kyo good in arcade is not so much in console though and that might not make him top tier.

Kyo's only big nerf (I believe) is that his hcb+K is unsafe on block. But I think being able to more easily connect his qcf+K at mid-screen is a much bigger buff. His damage and HD combos are just as good as before, I believe. His EX Air Orochinagi gives him more options, but probably won't affect his combos too much.

Andy and Kensou I could see being top. Why did you pick Terry and Ash?

It might be bias, but a huge thing with Terry was being able to use his meter for big damaging combos. Now, like Andy, his normals allow him to hit confirm from practically any normal. He still has his crackshoot frame trap pressure and his neomax isn't entirely useless. This is key because his Neomax was completely useless in arcade even though it was a good Neomax. It hitting anywhere means you get a super that covers half way across the screen, pretty much invincible on start-up, and does 450 damage guaranteed. It juggles your opponent if they were in the air too so you could follow with a buster wolf or a D crackshoot if you did it in the corner for even more damage. In general, you're likely to get 50% just from using it In HD combos, you can tag people with his neomax now from anywhere. He'll also do probably more damage than Shen in HD combos and Shen is great with HD. Getting into HD with him in console was pretty easy, but with nice hit confirms, that's easier. He needed only a little bit to be really brutal and with enough practice, he'll reward good play.

The big thing I feel will make Ash top tier is being able to use Germinal after Sans-culotte. Ash is normally not an aggro character, but he's really annoying when he gets in your face or poking you. However, you could defend yourself and punish him pretty bad if he did something dumb. Now, finishing Sans-culotte with Germinal will reward you with ten seconds of pure torture. You can only use normal moves and throws. He can DP without fear, throw out unsafe moves, pressure you into oblivion, and the only thing you can do is maybe poke him when he makes a mistake with a two-hit combo. Even then, some normals need to be cancelled into specials to be safe or safer.

If Ash doesn't want to be aggro, that's fine, Sans-culotte lasts a while and if timed properly, you can keep your opponent from doing jack squat for 15+ seconds. That's 1/4th of the match. He can lame it out without a care in the world, just block till time runs out. Really, that sounds JUST LIKE Ash.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2011, 08:26:47 AM by Reiki.Kito »