Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 365272 times)

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1245 on: November 19, 2011, 06:37:01 PM »
EU got delayed, i would have loved to give you guys a hardcore, critical yet unbiased review for the online but im sol 2.

some things though, ssf4 is to this day the best netcode ever made for fighters, but it still sucked imo (not even comparable to offline). i don't knot if 13 netcode is truly only as good as sf4, but if so its kind of embarrassing theres still no better netcode available imo. at least it will be playable this time around.

also don't play on samsung leds, they lag as hell (like during some 13 eu show).
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: November 19, 2011, 06:39:48 PM »
I can live with playable, only because now I'll get more offline play.  And the netcodes these days still do suck...but after 02UM, it's hard for me to criticize...
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: November 19, 2011, 06:46:35 PM »
i don't even have a scene that likes kof ( they like mvc3 and i only like mvc2 out of all of those type of games ) and i spend more time offline than online. mostly because i enjoy playing the computer more than people who don't understand the game. I wish we still had arcades in the US  :(
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: November 19, 2011, 06:52:33 PM »
i don't even have a scene that likes kof ( they like mvc3 and i only like mvc2 out of all of those type of games ) and i spend more time offline than online. mostly because i enjoy playing the computer more than people who don't understand the game. I wish we still had arcades in the US  :(
Wow that pretty much sum me up in a nutshell. Upstate scene are really hard headed.

On topic: Seems like the netcode is debatable depending who you talk to. Checking the thread and ppl saying it's great or it's ok. Won't find out since Albany doesn't break street date.

Also are the trial comboes viable in a actaul match or is it just to improve you execution?

Gotta put more effort to contribute since I only read the topic not really post.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 06:54:08 PM by ELTRO »
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: November 19, 2011, 06:58:17 PM »
SRK(or at least its members) talking Ish about KOF's netcode, but half of them have never even been on this site or have seen or experienced what we have with this game. I always wonder why people trust SRK over this site for KOF stuff or Dustloop for Atlus games. I just don't get SRKs members.

SRK represents the Capcom community.  SNK has, until Dreamcancel, not been represented well by its sites- which have either been mostly dead, or Smashboards-level drivel.   Also, the tone of the community was often anti-competitive pre-Dreamcancel.  I think the newer school fans don't appreciate sometimes how much better the scene is due to having a site like DC.

I do think the younger crowd isn't as attached to Capcom as the older crowd though, they haven't had that 10+ years of being told that SNK sucks.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:01:11 PM by arstal »

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: November 19, 2011, 07:00:08 PM »
SRK(or at least its members) talking Ish about KOF's netcode, but half of them have never even been on this site or have seen or experienced what we have with this game. I always wonder why people trust SRK over this site for KOF stuff or Dustloop for Atlus games. I just don't get SRKs members.

SRK represents the Capcom community.  SNK has, until Dreamcancel, not been represented well by its sites- which have either been mostly dead, or Smashboards-level drivel, so many of the intelligent SNK fans used SRK despite its bias.

I do think the younger crowd isn't as attached to Capcom as the older crowd though, they haven't had that 10+ years of being told that SNK sucks.

Yeah but the older crowd will tell the younger croud certain companies or games sucks do to biase opinion.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: November 19, 2011, 07:07:16 PM »
Like amedo said, with 1 bar is like other fighters, I played against a french and a northamerican and it was a bit hard to play, I hope that this was a connection problem but we had to test more

Waifu Material

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: November 19, 2011, 07:09:03 PM »
Also are the trial comboes viable in a actaul match or is it just to improve you execution?

I've only seen a few high-level combo trials, but from what I've seen they're all viable in actual matches. Of course, for many characters on your team, you won't ever have 5 bars / 100% HD, so you might not have many opportunities to use the full combo.

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: November 19, 2011, 07:09:23 PM »
is everyone reading that front page article from SRK?!

front page comments are even worse than that of FGD. It's full of casuals that don't give a fuck about games and just bitch for the seek of bitching

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: November 19, 2011, 07:13:22 PM »
id like to point out that by far the best days for fighters and having a competitive was from 91 to 99. before all the bs with forums and looking for competition, the days when you could walk into an arcade and blast past fools. i mis playing fighters and racers in the arcade. golden days are long gone with this new netcode age, which they btw still cant get right. personally i miss the days when sites and forums weren't needed. if they can ever give us an online experience that rivals that of offline, then we might actually be entering a new better age.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: November 19, 2011, 07:15:00 PM »
srk has become a big site for all fighting games they have even recently added a subforum for kof ( i'm guessing for characters), however with a large amount of people your stuck with plenty of negative, naive, elitist, ect. that are people who don't help the FGC and drive players away from games. i'm a member on srk and i tend to help newer players out, ( i don't post all that often though) and i've seen people be completely biased and treat and even pull stuff like this.
http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/kof-noob-trying-to-get-into-it.143193/page-2
[url=ht
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:17:34 PM by darkTown2 »
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1256 on: November 19, 2011, 07:23:52 PM »
I dunno about you MUSOLINI , but back in the 90's, arcades near me had very few people that played fighters at all, and back then I had no idea there were tournaments held, all I had to go by were magazines that briefly mentioned them, but being a kid, I couldn't go to any because they were held in the big cities. There was no way to find a local scene, if I was lucky, I might run into a few guys at the arcade to play a few matches of Virtua Fighter 2 with, but my town was just too small. Only if I went to a mall in a nearby city would I find more people playing, but lol, I was still just a kid back then and I couldn't just go whenever I wanted.

It was all the bigger cities that had a scene like NYC and such, it's still much the same today as it was back then. However, websites and forums have helped alot with gathering people together and spreading events. It's done alot more to help the community grow overall. Up til over a year ago, I was completely oblivious that there were any offline players in my area, and now I finally got something that I couldn't have when I was a kid in the 90's.

The internet has done alot of good for the fighting scene imo. If we were still in the 90's without internet, nobody would know where to go, where to meet up and where the competition and tournaments will be.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:54:08 PM by Running Wild »

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: November 19, 2011, 07:38:09 PM »
the point is, if we were still in the 90's we would be discussing/chatting about fighting games in the arcades, "Actually playing the games" instead of here sitting our asses typing on keyboards

the U.S never embraced arcades like other countries did (latin america, Asia) where arcades still exist to this day. Americans for the most part are pretty bad at playing arcade games, I've never seen anyone to be skilled at any game in all arcades i've been through except for your old seasoned fighting game player or the dance mania players or whatever is called. I have never seen anyone playing a game like metal slug or final fight and beat it with one coin, in mexico for example you see this all the time.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2011, 07:58:14 PM by Rukawa »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: November 19, 2011, 07:44:16 PM »
Some people prefer the old days, where there was only you vs. an entire arcade, fighting for survival (and most likely so you don't burn your entire paycheck trying to run it back).  Back when, there was no help, you wanted to step up your game, you had to figure it out by yourself, there were no tutorials, no watching streams from better players, you either had to figure it out on your own, or go to where the better players were and get killed and level up that way.  It also made coast and state wars more closeknit and secret tech was actually secret.  Back when you'd never play your actual main in public until an actual tourney.  Not to mention, there were no button checks, you either learned the layout on the machine, or you just didn't play.

Some prefer it now, more social interaction with top players, tutorials aplenty, streams to watch high level play, internet play so you don't have to go out to the arcade and possibly burn your paycheck (though considering what you would spend on Internet connection, a console, the game and possibly XBL?  Meh).  The ability to customize how you want your buttons, and the ability to have your own special pad or stick, hell, just the ability to have a pad.  There's also no secrets, whatever you think you figured out on your own was probably done days prior by someone else and up on Youtube for everyone to see.  More top players gathering around for big majors.  I mean before, you'd get maybe a few from across a country and maybe ONE or two International players, but now, look at CC where there were enoguh to run a huge ass Round Robin International 5v5 event.

I don't think either is better than the other, it's all a matter of personal preference.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: November 19, 2011, 07:46:22 PM »
 Ok fellas here is something i just found there is a podcast from Gametrailers.com called invisible walls they are talking about KOF XIII in this weeks episode check it out if you feel like it.

They talked about UMVC3, SoulcaliburV and KOFXIII now the cool thing is that they start talking about XII and how incomplete it was which is something we can all agreed is true, that said they talked about all the improvements and how complete XIII feels over XII they dont really say anything bad about the game other than the fact that its more technical than your average fighter, which is something we can all agreed with as well they even say that the netcode is improved over XII.

Now this is not the site i would go to find out about a fighter as it seems only 2 of the guys played the game and they are telling the others how it feels to play XIII, but if you listen to what they are saying and how they describe the game, saying that there is a lot to like here and that they had a very good time playing it that is pretty cool.

Now if a site like this one is saying good things about XIII which does not surprise me not even a little bit because i now that this game is the real deal, it will probably help those still in the fence about it and just pick it up, this site is not known for fighters at all and if even them are giving props to XIII that is cool with me

I dont want every site to just bend over and start kissing KOFXIII ass but at least i like the fact that they showed respect for XIII both as a fighter and as a product.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........