Author Topic: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition  (Read 364998 times)

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 5th |OT| Thread: Console Change log edition
« Reply #1350 on: November 20, 2011, 02:39:39 PM »
mmm, still nothing

Edit: There it is, I'm sorry if I created some false expectations
« Last Edit: November 20, 2011, 03:15:44 PM by sibarraz »

Waifu Material

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: November 20, 2011, 05:13:22 PM »
@ sibarraz
how many trials per characters r ? did u complete any and do they unlock anything ?
and what r ur impressions about the backdash wake up ?

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: November 20, 2011, 05:27:54 PM »
there are 10 trials per character
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: November 20, 2011, 05:32:07 PM »
  Word of advice to all those players who did not play the game in the arcades, spend some time in practice mode because this game handles a bit different than any KOF you played before.

Like most of you i did not get a change to play the game in the arcades, and i have played every single entry of the KOF games before also like most of you i spend the days before i got the game playing 02UM and now im playing XIII, i played for a few hours yesterday and i gotta tell you fellas at first i was not able to get anything to come out, me being a vet in this game i thought that maybe there was something wrong either with me or the game but it was simply the flow of the game is quite different than other KOFs ive played before, by the end of my time with the game i was able to get things to come out much better and i know that the more i play and the more used to the system i get things will get better.

So for those of you who have played KOF before but have not played XIII at all give yourself sometime to get used to the flow of the game, as it has its own rhythm. see you guys online.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: November 20, 2011, 05:39:38 PM »
Zyn is giving a really good advice, I played little of the ac version so I didn't know shit about the game, but with practicing, you could understand bette r the mechanics of the game, the trials are good since a lot of them are really practical, even to practice some buffers that later will be of great advice

Waifu Material

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: November 20, 2011, 05:46:10 PM »
hmm, i played the crappy pc version and even there didnt have too much problem with the combos.if you can do hard combos from 94 to 98, this should be a breeze. its all bout the timing, which seems to be pretty easy in 13.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: November 20, 2011, 05:51:20 PM »
Truth be told, I'm more interested to know if it's possible if SNKP plans on updating their previous released games on Live with this netcode. Reason I ask is becuse I read somewhere that SNKP has used the same netcode infrastructure around a lot of their games since supposedly the PS2. But hre's to some hopeful wishing.

And if it is based around the same idea, I wouldn't worry much since the netcode improved so much from KOF12 to the release of NGBC onbox Live who a lot of people don't believe has one of the best online netcodes available.

Oh well, 2 more days for me since I pre ordered it with the soundtrack. Mr Zyn Cobra, I'm assuming you got your copy from that ol trusty mom and pop shop down in the city where they are always selling games 1-2 weeks before due date?

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: November 20, 2011, 05:52:36 PM »
I was planning on hitting training/trial mode right away to get a good feel of the game. Going online without knowing how the game feels is a bit silly.

Just a few more days before going in the hyperbolic time chamber and level up in XIII.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: November 20, 2011, 05:56:38 PM »
  Word of advice to all those players who did not play the game in the arcades, spend some time in practice mode because this game handles a bit different than any KOF you played before.

Like most of you i did not get a change to play the game in the arcades, and i have played every single entry of the KOF games before also like most of you i spend the days before i got the game playing 02UM and now im playing XIII, i played for a few hours yesterday and i gotta tell you fellas at first i was not able to get anything to come out, me being a vet in this game i thought that maybe there was something wrong either with me or the game but it was simply the flow of the game is quite different than other KOFs ive played before, by the end of my time with the game i was able to get things to come out much better and i know that the more i play and the more used to the system i get things will get better.

So for those of you who have played KOF before but have not played XIII at all give yourself sometime to get used to the flow of the game, as it has its own rhythm. see you guys online.

thanks for the advice  :)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: November 20, 2011, 06:00:17 PM »
About the unlockables, there it seems to be certain criterias for the online icons

You start with 2 icons per character, with their artwork from the select and winning screen

Then, each character has a chibi icon which you unlock if you beat time attack mode with said character, this are not like some guys had in their signs here, for example elisabeth is playing with an Ash doll

Then, if you beat arcade or story mode with an special team, you get their team icon, if you do 5 trials, you get the character icon, and if you play X amount of online matches, you unlock the rest of the icons which are items like terry's hat, jyazu mask, etc

The galleries, finish the game with x team in arcade mode and you will get them all

The invitation seems to be similar

And the colours play 40 matches with each character

About the netcode update, I don't know if it's that easy to just put a patch with this netcode on the other games, maybe snkp don't give a crap for those games anymore, and the cost iwll not be worthy for them, oh well

Waifu Material

zyn-cobra22

• New Challenger
  • Hattori Hanzo #1 ninja
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: November 20, 2011, 06:13:18 PM »
Truth be told, I'm more interested to know if it's possible if SNKP plans on updating their previous released games on Live with this netcode. Reason I ask is becuse I read somewhere that SNKP has used the same netcode infrastructure around a lot of their games since supposedly the PS2. But hre's to some hopeful wishing.

And if it is based around the same idea, I wouldn't worry much since the netcode improved so much from KOF12 to the release of NGBC onbox Live who a lot of people don't believe has one of the best online netcodes available.

Oh well, 2 more days for me since I pre ordered it with the soundtrack. Mr Zyn Cobra, I'm assuming you got your copy from that ol trusty mom and pop shop down in the city where they are always selling games 1-2 weeks before due date?

Ohh yes i did get  it  from mom and pop which is also where i been getting my games since 95/96 so to me there is no KOF without them and i thank them for it with my business every chance i get, by the way they got me my copy with the CDs too so im not missing out on anything.
Xboxlive gamertag ZYN-COBRA22     I can survive anything even nukes........

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: November 20, 2011, 06:14:48 PM »
Just to point out something that Musolini said. If you can indeed pull off the hard combos in KOF98 and 2k2, it should be no problem doing the ones in this game. To me, the games feels just a little bit more strict than KOFXI. And if you guys played XI, one of the things it was praised for was that it was easier to do the heavy combos in that game compared to the previous entries.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: November 20, 2011, 06:28:31 PM »
@ sibarraz

did u notice if there r alternative teams ?

thanks for ur answers by the way

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: November 20, 2011, 06:53:13 PM »
Nup

Btw, thanks god that the trials are ''free'' to do in a sense that is not strict as other trials, there are some combos that I couldn't pull out without the help of some drive cancels

Waifu Material

Rukawa

• Rising Dragon
  • Kaede
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: November 20, 2011, 08:46:03 PM »
it's not that the combos are hard its more like the timing/flow of the game is a little different.

nothing to be scare about you'll get used to it in a few hours if not minutes.