Poll

If you were attending a tournament that featured KOFXIII, which system would you prefer to play on?

PS3
32 (54.2%)
Xbox 360
17 (28.8%)
Don't care!
3 (5.1%)
Ask me again after the console release
7 (11.9%)

Total Members Voted: 59

Voting closed: November 09, 2011, 07:48:25 PM

Author Topic: KOFXIII console tournament standard  (Read 14048 times)

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOFXIII console tournament standard
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2011, 10:11:16 PM »
Not all of them. The InPin PS2-PS3 is great as is the Xtokki360.

Ohhh, didn't know about that one. I will need to check them.

Explain this please o.o,

Sega released PC USB Sega Saturn controllers, they work on the PS3 with no problem. Just plug the controller to the PS3 USB port and it will work. Unfortunately it doesn't work on the 360. =/

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2011, 10:36:39 PM »
If you do a search on eBay, you'll have no problem finding TONS of bootleg versions from China. They're apparently as good as the real thing (produced by the same factory, I've heard). And the average asking price is about $10.

So if you have a PS3, liked the Saturn controller, and wouldn't mind buying a Chinese bootleg, there's no reason not to pick it up!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 04, 2011, 08:30:44 AM »
Don't buy those PC Saturn controllers from China. I got one of those about 3 years ago and the D-pad snapped off in about a month.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 04, 2011, 09:10:38 AM »
If you do a search on eBay, you'll have no problem finding TONS of bootleg versions from China. They're apparently as good as the real thing (produced by the same factory, I've heard). And the average asking price is about $10.

So if you have a PS3, liked the Saturn controller, and wouldn't mind buying a Chinese bootleg, there's no reason not to pick it up!
why would you buy a bootleg of anything..............

EDDR

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 04, 2011, 11:14:38 AM »
Capcom fighters tend to suck on ps3 in terms of accuracy. Other fighters such as BB and Tekken run better.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 04, 2011, 08:48:46 PM »
thats because crapcom sucks, fuck them hoe's. seems im not the only 1 voting ps3, good to see the other 20ish people showing up.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 04, 2011, 09:03:58 PM »
why would you buy a bootleg of anything..............

Usually some combination of price and availability. Sega no longer manufactures their USB Saturn controllers, so they've risen in price ($60 vs the original $30). And they're still hard to find.

I'm not saying anyone should buy a bootleg. But I have heard a lot of positive reviews of these.

arstal

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 06, 2011, 08:13:58 PM »
Is the input lag issue on SF/Marvel on PS3 compared to 360 something that is across the board, or unique to Capcom games?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 06, 2011, 08:53:36 PM »
Is the input lag issue on SF/Marvel on PS3 compared to 360 something that is across the board, or unique to Capcom games?

It's unique to Capcom games. Most other games run equally or better on PS3. A BB player I know tells me that it's much better on PS3 than on 360.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2011, 09:47:54 PM »

(just so you have another person to tell you)
it is unique to capcom games.

so it looks like most people are getting it on ps3, lucky me since my xbox broke  :)
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

Nagare_Ryouma

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2011, 10:40:56 PM »
I'm on PS3 also.

OFF Topic:
Nilcam, I might ask you some advice in the near future regarding my connection.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 07, 2011, 10:26:52 AM »

SSF4 and MvC3 issues on the PS3 are different for my understanding.

SSF4 on the PS3 runs with 1 or 2 frames of delay. That means the game runs at 59 or 58 frames per second. Well is not like it really runs at that speed, it just "feels" like it does, if that makes sense. In reality it doesn't affect the game hugely, it's noticeable ones you jump from 360 to PS3 or viceversa. But you get used to it fast and is easy to just focus on the strict frame links combos when you start doing it. But in the end the 360 version runs always at 60fps and by default it's considerate "closer" to the arcade release, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.

In MvC3 is different, both games run exactly at the same speed. The only thing is that the PS3 has V-Sync and it causes the game to drop frames when there is a lot of chaos on the screen. Meanwhile the 360 version doesn't use V-sync, so there is no frame drops, but you will see screen tearing when there is a lot of chaos. I don't see MvC3 frame drops affecting the gameplay at all, because it only happens when you are doing Hypers and not while doing combos. So you won't see frame drops while pulling out frame specific combos, hence not affecting the gameplay.

But the PS3 versions of both games are 100% playable and is just a small nitpick that can be easily solved by adapting. Besides in a tournament there is a HUGE chance you will be dropping combos, but not because of the system you play, but because of the pressure you feel during the tournament and I bet that will happen in either PS3 or 360.

Greenwood

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 07, 2011, 06:17:59 PM »
SSF4 on the PS3 runs with 1 or 2 frames of delay. That means the game runs at 59 or 58 frames per second. Well is not like it really runs at that speed, it just "feels" like it does, if that makes sense. In reality it doesn't affect the game hugely, it's noticeable ones you jump from 360 to PS3 or viceversa. But you get used to it fast and is easy to just focus on the strict frame links combos when you start doing it. But in the end the 360 version runs always at 60fps and by default it's considerate "closer" to the arcade release, but that doesn't mean it's perfect.

It is not really that. I don't know if it is the truth, but someone explained to me the issue. In fact, on Xbox 360, you don't care if you are in 720p or 1080p. But on PS3, when you upscale SFIV to 1080p to have fullscreen on 1080p monitors or TV, you gain 2 frames of input lag. If you play on a 1080p but with the 720p setting, you won't have the 2 frames bonus, but you won't have a fullscreen game. There is not less frames on PS3.

In MvC3 is different, both games run exactly at the same speed. The only thing is that the PS3 has V-Sync and it causes the game to drop frames when there is a lot of chaos on the screen. Meanwhile the 360 version doesn't use V-sync, so there is no frame drops, but you will see screen tearing when there is a lot of chaos. I don't see MvC3 frame drops affecting the gameplay at all, because it only happens when you are doing Hypers and not while doing combos. So you won't see frame drops while pulling out frame specific combos, hence not affecting the gameplay.

For MVC3, I've only heard about the game slowing down when there is a lot of activity on screen.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2011, 06:22:30 PM by Greenwood »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2011, 06:40:57 PM »
lets just keep it at shitty programming on crapcums part. but who cares, even with shitty programming it'll still sell cause you know or don't know why.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

ChiNum

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2011, 02:33:12 PM »

http://blog.livedoor.jp/ps360/archives/51638829.html
http://blog.livedoor.jp/ps360/archives/51702282.html

Basically
All games have at least 4 frames of input lag to begin with.

SF4: 1-2 frames less input lag on 360
Marvel 3: 0-1 frames less input lag on 360
Tekken 6: 0-1 frames less input lag on PS3
Virtua Fighter 5: negligible difference between consoles

so yeah, more of a Capcom issue. Would be interesting to have numbers for other games like KoF 12 or Blazblue.

Debatable how big a deal this is and other factors like TVs are way more of a problem for input lag anyway.