Author Topic: input shortcuts with BC bypass  (Read 2221 times)

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
input shortcuts with BC bypass
« on: November 03, 2011, 03:24:39 PM »
So, three question:

I've been trying to do some BC bypass into command grab DMs in 2002OG training mode lately (specifically, Clark's cl.C(2), DM and Yamazaki's f+A(1), DM), and the results I'm getting are really inconsistent.  Sometimes I get the DM, sometimes I get a special (hcb+C or qcb+C, respectively), sometimes when I get too lazy to go into OG mode with Clark I get hcb+C supercanceled into grab DM, and rarely I just get a raw BC cancel.  I'm guessing it's some quirk of how quickly I'm doing the motion and any slight difference in the button press timings (like how pianoing C~B can give BC cancel into cl.C/st.C).  Any tips?

Second, if I want to bypass into SDM, can I just do hcbx2+ABC?  I would guess so, but the 2002OG wiki suggests inputting cl.C, hcb+BC, hcb+AC for Clark.

Third, are there any differences in doing this in XIII?  Just on the offhand chance that I'd want to do cl.C(2), HD bypass into SDM with Clark. Realized that I could just do cl.C(2), HD autodash, cl.D, hcf+BD~qcf+C, (SC) hcbx2+P instead for more damage at the same meter and easier execution.  So just two questions *laughs*
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 03:43:02 PM by omegaryuji »
Old man/bad player

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: input shortcuts with BC bypass
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2011, 04:13:48 PM »
Second, if I want to bypass into SDM, can I just do hcbx2+ABC?  I would guess so, but the 2002OG wiki suggests inputting cl.C, hcb+BC, hcb+AC for Clark.

It won't work because A will always come out if you input it at the same time.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2011, 04:30:10 PM by PureYeti »

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2011, 04:58:42 PM »
Ok.  Then what stops me from getting a hcb+C special if I'm doing hcb+BC, hcb+AC?  I guess I could sticky it, like f+(A), hcb+BC~)A(, hcb+AC, but it feels like there has to be a better way.

Seriously hating that hcb+P move of Clark's.  I'm convinced it was put in purely to stop people from doing the old hcb+C(1), hcb+C shortcut.  Why else would Clark get a running command grab that only works on crouchers?
Old man/bad player

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2011, 05:19:12 AM »
Ok.  Then what stops me from getting a hcb+C special if I'm doing hcb+BC, hcb+AC?  I guess I could sticky it, like f+(A), hcb+BC~)A(, hcb+AC, but it feels like there has to be a better way.

Seriously hating that hcb+P move of Clark's.  I'm convinced it was put in purely to stop people from doing the old hcb+C(1), hcb+C shortcut.  Why else would Clark get a running command grab that only works on crouchers?

Mostly the 1st hit is causing you to cancel into hcb + C. Yea I feel that way about the inputs can mess up the DM. Do Close C from the 2nd hit. It will still work and have better chance of not getting hcb + C to come out.