Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 87895 times)

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #60 on: December 09, 2011, 07:23:48 AM »
aw, poor bryan :(

talked to oldboy some, definitely going to check out goons next wednesday
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 10, 2011, 07:31:31 PM »
Today I will come but I probably won't able to compete because I have errands to do

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: December 12, 2011, 01:03:52 AM »
TBF6 was good though KOF13 started late 'cause they didnt expect 20+ people, oh well.

Shoutouts to finals making me too sleep deprived to play decently. I am glad i understood my losses in BB, though, so i dont feel bad.
Shoutouts to close matches with woof etc.
Shoutouts to maxima being gdlk.
Shoutouts to zoning in kof.
Shoutouts to oldboy for driving me.
Shoutouts to caffeine.
Shoutouts to frigid for showing up and being cool.
Shoutouts to all the dreamcancel players for coming.
Shoutouts to light ryuenbu for being insanely good.
Shoutouts to old people staring at us playing SATAN GAMES

Again, i'm hosting saturday, wednesday, and friday. Saturday will be a full emetup. Wed/Fri will be like 2:30-8, and people can leave to go to Goons at like 6:30 or whatever. Wednesday I'll head to goons as well. probably not friday. COME BY, FGTS

info on goons:

Also, that converter isnt on sale on ebay anymore as far as i can find it, metal/brian/etc. however, pfhor said he knows where to get a similar one, i'll ask him about that next time i can catch him online
« Last Edit: December 29, 2011, 09:02:17 PM by mightfo »

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: December 12, 2011, 01:26:55 AM »
Yesterday was fun. However, I'm still pretty bitter about how I got eliminated. I never expected to get too far, but to be eliminated so early on by someone who I could tell I should have been able to beat really is depressing. I'll just have to do better next time.

There, got all the bitching and moaning out of my system. Back to training!

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: December 14, 2011, 01:58:18 AM »
Metal, Yeti, Blackjack, Brian, please remind me which days you can come so I can plan setups.

I'm sorry about the disappointment, Metal. I know what it is like to go 0-2. It gets better, though. Just keep at it.

blackjack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: December 14, 2011, 04:14:29 AM »
I won't make it to Wednesday/Friday but I'll be there Saturday. Would it be OK if I bring my PS3 and monitor just in case we need an extra set up?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: December 14, 2011, 05:15:52 AM »
Yea the more the better so all of us will play at some station.  ;) I will go this saturday only

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: December 14, 2011, 04:10:03 PM »
You can expect bryan, dg, and myself Saturday. I will bring my ps3 and hopefully bryan will bring his monitor.

Btw, it's not that I went 0-2 that bothers me (though it does suck). It's that I lost to a pretty poor player that I had no excuse losing to cause I couldn't get my shit together. It's also disapointing because I did so well on the online tournament I held the Saturday before. I hate how it seems like for every step forward I take, I take 2 steps back later.

But I will keep moving forward no matter how tough it gets. I plan on going to evo again this year, and I intend to be a worthy competitor this time. Not some guy who went just cause I thought it would be fun.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: December 15, 2011, 10:21:46 AM »
Went to goons for about 4 hours. Was quite good. Had some good matches.

Glad you three, brian and DG are all coming saturday.

I won't make it to Wednesday/Friday but I'll be there Saturday. Would it be OK if I bring my PS3 and monitor just in case we need an extra set up?
That would be good, thank you!

You can expect bryan, dg, and myself Saturday. I will bring my ps3 and hopefully bryan will bring his monitor.

Btw, it's not that I went 0-2 that bothers me (though it does suck). It's that I lost to a pretty poor player that I had no excuse losing to cause I couldn't get my shit together. It's also disapointing because I did so well on the online tournament I held the Saturday before. I hate how it seems like for every step forward I take, I take 2 steps back later.

But I will keep moving forward no matter how tough it gets. I plan on going to evo again this year, and I intend to be a worthy competitor this time. Not some guy who went just cause I thought it would be fun.

I totally understand what you mean, i've had the same experience. Just keep at it, you've got the right attitude.

Here's that converter pfhor was talking about btw..its not the same as the one i have(doesnt work with ps3 pads/ps3 hori sticks) but it works with PS2... http://etokki.com/Xtokki360

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: December 19, 2011, 07:57:05 PM »
I guess I'll do the shoutouts this time since mightfo hasn't yet.

Shoutouts to mightfo for hosting
     Shoutouts to DG for recording
     Shoutouts to Adnan for being one tough customer
     Shoutouts to Bryan discovering super cancels
     Shoutouts to PureYeti for some really close matches
     Shoutouts to mightfo's disrespect
     Shoutouts to blackjack's quiet nature (forgot he was there several times)
     Shoutouts to strategic raw neomaxes

Thanks for the link for that converter. I ordered one already.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: December 28, 2011, 09:15:41 PM »
Ahh, sorry for the late response.

Next meetup is probably the 7th. Not doing this weekend, will still be at my parents'. I will probably go to goons wednesday the 4th as well.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: December 29, 2011, 07:38:40 PM »
What is the address to get to goons? And what system do they primarily play kof on? I'm still waiting on that converter. So if they play on xbox I may have to go another time.

Have you considered running your own kof ranbats at these meetups? I realize we don't always have enough people to justify that, but it would be cool to do when we can. It would also be something more interesting to record than DG whoopin' our asses all day.

In any case I'm going to at least try to convince him to allow more matches that don't involve him to be recorded. It would be nice to have more variety in the vids than what we have been doing.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: December 29, 2011, 09:03:07 PM »
What is the address to get to goons? And what system do they primarily play kof on? I'm still waiting on that converter. So if they play on xbox I may have to go another time.

http://shoryuken.com/forum/index.php?threads/dallas-texas-6-2-dfw-metro-area-check-first-post-for-meet-up-and-tournament-info.137139/
(Whoops, i linked that earlier in the thread, but i messed up the link somehow! fixed that but put it here again anyway.)

as for primary system, there's more xboxes but still some ps3s. you may want to wait for the converter, but maybe if pfhor or whoever brings a ps3 you'd be in good shape. shrug

Have you considered running your own kof ranbats at these meetups? I realize we don't always have enough people to justify that, but it would be cool to do when we can. It would also be something more interesting to record than DG whoopin' our asses all day.
it would be cool but i am too lazy to go about organizing it. if someone else wants to organize the ranbats then i would support it. you should consider a danisen format as well as an alternative. would probably be a decent idea.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: December 31, 2011, 08:29:21 PM »
I can set up brackets in like 5 minutes, so leave it to me. As for using a danisen format... I'm going to have to say no for now. I don't think we are good enough that any ranking we give ourselves would be meaningful. Plus I don't feel like learning how that works at the moment. For now the winners will have to settle for being "Champion of the Week!" (or possibly Champion of the Weak?)

So it's settled then. I'm running ranbats at our next meetup. Tell your friends!

Got the converter yesterday. Tested it with 02UM and VF5 and it seems to work flawlessly. Even with the ps2 controller that went haywire when hooked up to your converter. The final test will be when I use it on XIII.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: December 31, 2011, 09:50:02 PM »
I can set up brackets in like 5 minutes, so leave it to me. As for using a danisen format... I'm going to have to say no for now. I don't think we are good enough that any ranking we give ourselves would be meaningful. Plus I don't feel like learning how that works at the moment. For now the winners will have to settle for being "Champion of the Week!" (or possibly Champion of the Weak?)
the advantage of the danisen format(iirc from when this was talked about before in our scene) is that it wouldnt be as influenced by how regularly one can attend