Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 87971 times)

Sanji Himura

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #150 on: February 20, 2012, 10:36:45 PM »
Hey guys, I may be able to host DFW players in KOF XIII. I live in Azle, which is on the other side of the DFW area, and, quite frankly, have no decent offline competition in both HDR and SFIV, so I am looking to expand my horizons.

Just call me at 214-881-7617 if you want to meet up.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: February 21, 2012, 12:39:46 AM »
I'm pretty sure most of us live in the north dallas area so you might want to consider coming to our meetups.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 22, 2012, 09:51:29 PM »
AGAIN, reminder that Texas Bar Fights is saturday, in plano! Go for KOF/SC5/BB!!!
BB and KOF are $5 entry, Venue is $5 entry, SC5 is $10.
Be there and replace my screaming!

Wow, is Dark Geese learnin' BlazBlue Extend? Cool!

Now bring DG to Melty
aha, i will see about that depending on how often the main melty blood players drop by. it is a possibility and we do have a particularly strong mb player here(pfhor)

Hey guys, I may be able to host DFW players in KOF XIII. I live in Azle, which is on the other side of the DFW area, and, quite frankly, have no decent offline competition in both HDR and SFIV, so I am looking to expand my horizons.

Just call me at 214-881-7617 if you want to meet up.

Like Metal said, it would probably be easier for you to come to us than for us to come to you since most of us are in north dallas.. :1 Sorry if that is a big burden.
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 23, 2012, 07:18:10 AM »
5 bucks for venue fee? Awesome. Don't worry I will do hype face just for you

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: February 26, 2012, 02:21:58 AM »
Well I was having a great time at Bar Fights until I found out they forgot to put me in the KOF brackets. At least they had the decency to give me my money back.

twg_arthur

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 26, 2012, 07:28:44 PM »
Well I was having a great time at Bar Fights until I found out they forgot to put me in the KOF brackets. At least they had the decency to give me my money back.

Oh wow that's Awful!  I don't think Kent and Jeff have ever had that sort of problem, I'm sorry that it happened to you.  I'm glad you got your money back.

I went 1 and 2 in kof, sad times.  After Final Round I'ma put more effort in and finally learn how to attack in this game.  Blug.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: February 27, 2012, 01:17:31 AM »
No meetup this coming weekend the 3rd, i'll check if frigid can host.  I will definitely be hosting the 10th and maybe even the 9th. I will probably run an SFxT setup, by the way. I am actually hype for that and dont have the complaints I used to have about it.

There are also some prospects of another dallas dude who plays BB hosting with much more space, so that is awesome.

BTW, crossquoting transient from dustloop to get people's attention

BTW anybody really planning on going to EVO this year? I know Metal from DreamCancel is definitely going

I wont know until april if I can, but i figured i'd get some of you to discuss prospects.

That sucks :( I hope you enjoyed the SC5 tourney or whatever else you entered at least.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: February 27, 2012, 08:11:55 PM »
Well I did get to play SCV, but it didn't go well at all. However, it's my fault for not practicing the game. At least I feel I did well enough that I didn't look like a fool.

Still really pissed about missing out on KOF. I wanted to see how well my hard work at that game has paid off.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: February 29, 2012, 07:10:38 AM »
Frigid is hosting saturday! He wonders if people can bring setups. You guys up for frigid's saturday? i wont be there, but again, ill probably double host next week.
It'll be from 3pm-whenever btw.

Be sure to bring ps3/360 copies of games, too.

But yeah, please tell me if you can go to frigid's, since he needs to know how many people are coming
« Last Edit: February 29, 2012, 07:13:21 AM by mightfo »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: February 29, 2012, 07:28:21 PM »
I'll pass because I have two exams next week

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: March 01, 2012, 08:15:19 PM »
I'm not going to make it this weekend, but I'll definitely make it next weekend.

blackjack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: March 02, 2012, 07:54:58 PM »
I will be out of town this weekend so I won't be able to make it.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 02, 2012, 10:34:01 PM »
Daww, no kof guys at frigid's..

BTW yeti thanks for havin sean come by last time and I hope he comes to future meetups.

persona fighter and sfxt both look really good. persona fighter is out in arcades now, some footage is up

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: March 03, 2012, 01:51:54 PM »
Just wanted to remind everyone to wish good luck to Dark Geese at Final Round today.

Edit: Was just watching the stream and saw Arthur playing SF. Wish him luck as well.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2012, 07:56:05 PM by MetalThrashingMadman »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: March 04, 2012, 03:16:55 AM »
Daww, no kof guys at frigid's..

BTW yeti thanks for havin sean come by last time and I hope he comes to future meetups.

persona fighter and sfxt both look really good. persona fighter is out in arcades now, some footage is up

Alright no problem.  :) I forgot to mention him about Frigid's meetup because I was thinking of Final Round today. I wished the guys good luck from Texas to do well in Final Round. Pthor almost made it to the top 8 about a pixel left in that match :\

Shoutouts to Bar Fights and everyone who joined, it was great and I was disappointed about my performance there. I have no clue what blackjack goes by in Soul Calibur V lol. I tried to search for his name so I wonder how he done in SC. I feel bad about Metal not able to enter KOF. Maybe next time we should ask who are we going to face