Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 87836 times)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #300 on: June 27, 2012, 03:49:06 PM »
I won't able to come to the meetup today. I have a lot of schoolwork to do

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: June 29, 2012, 01:55:55 AM »
If you guys want to see something funny, go check the online replays for VF5FS (ps3). I uploaded a video of my Goh vs. another Goh. I lose the first 2 rounds only to have a major comeback. On the final round the other guy is so desperate to throw me that he tries 4 CONSECUTIVE TIMES alternating between high and low and I dodge all of them and land a perfect on his ass. Has to be seen to be believed.

On a slightly sadder note, I got whooped by a super scrubby Kage. It's depressing, so far I haven't seen a single Kage online that actually tries to play the character.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: July 06, 2012, 11:18:15 PM »

http://kurushii.tv/fEVO6.html quadview of 2 evo main streams+BB/GG/P4U stream+VF stream
www.twitch.tv/iebattlegrounds SF2 stream
www.twitch.tv/toptiergaming i think this will have the SG side tourney in an hour or so??? dunno. will edit this space later
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

jetblaksuit

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Streammonster
« Reply #303 on: July 09, 2012, 11:54:22 PM »
Meetup at my place this Saturday July 14 @3pm can anyone bring setups or at least PS3 copies of BBCSEX/SCV since I am too cheap to buy games I don't play? I'll actually clean my damn room this time and have room for about 4 setups in addition to mine.

blackjack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: July 14, 2012, 12:51:43 AM »
I can bring copy of SCV for the meetup.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: July 18, 2012, 06:29:47 AM »
i just want to let ya'll know that we are probably going to go in on the persona fighter hard and if you have any interest whatsoever you should leap on that once it is at meetups. it supposedly has low execution so  dont think of it as much of an investment of combo training. i really want to encourage a strong, healthy, non-whiny competitive scene for the game and really make it the dustloop DFW community's vanguard game. i will probably run danisens for it in september. whether i do the same for KOF depends on ya'll. i might get back into kof depending on how my tinkering with mature/chin goes in august.

plus it has kof and shorthops and kanji's folding chair, soo

also the answer is apparently getting into it if you care
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 06:31:44 AM by mightfo »

jetblaksuit

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Streammonster
« Reply #306 on: July 18, 2012, 10:13:24 PM »
Is anyone planning on going to D-Town Beatdown this Saturday? http://www.facebook.com/events/174791965986541/

Or should I try an host?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: July 18, 2012, 11:56:17 PM »
No I'm not going this Saturday. I think I'm going to be busy.

I read up some stuff for the controls on Persona 4 Arena. There are two things I will need get use to is the AC for rolling and AB for the guard cancel.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: July 19, 2012, 04:19:25 AM »
@mightfo: persona was definitely a highlight for me at evo. You can count on me giving it a fair shot. I did in fact see the Answer playing it at evo. He seemed to be having a blast with it.

@jet: if you host I will come. Not going to the tournament for sure. No money for registration fees.

EDIT: Change in plans. Won't be able to make it after all.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2012, 01:21:07 AM by MetalThrashingMadman »

SmokeMaxX

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: July 30, 2012, 03:20:23 PM »
A.R.K. V is about a month away and we'd love to see all you guys there! We're expecting about 200 people from ~10 different states (including confirmed attendance from Texas, Arkansas, Missouri, Mississippi, Alabama, Tennessee, Kansas, Louisiana, California, and Oklahoma) and are throwing in at least $1400 in bonus pots to support some of our games. It will be on August 25th/26th in Jacksonville, AR with games such as King of Fighters XIII, Persona 4 Arena, BlazBlue: Continuum Shift Extend, Soul Calibur V, Super Street Fighter IV: AE, Ultimate Marvel Vs. Capcom 3, Street Fighter X Tekken, Mortal Kombat 9, and SkullGirls.

For more information, visit the official thread here (http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440) or holler at me. For anyone who wants to come, I heavily encourage you to preregister online at www.arktourney.com/registration before August 18th to save money on venue fee.
A.R.K. V - $1400 in Bonus Pots! - August 25-26th, 2012
www.dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2440.0
Preregister at www.arktourney.com/registration

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: July 31, 2012, 08:57:40 PM »
If you want to save $5 registering for UCC extra early, sign up TODAY at: http://uppercutcircuit.com/UCC/ucc-registration/

IF YOU ARE CONCERNED ABOUT THE PRICE TALK TO ME OR OTHERS, WE CAN HELP. I WANT EVERYBODY TO GO TO UCC.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: August 03, 2012, 06:30:54 PM »
Save $10 on All Pre-Orders $39.99 and Up at Newegg. It expires on August 5 11:59PM EST. This includes Persona 4 Arena, DOA 5, TTT2, etc.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=485218

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: August 07, 2012, 05:11:32 PM »
Jetblak is going to host this saturday at 3pm

jetblaksuit

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Streammonster
« Reply #313 on: August 09, 2012, 07:34:19 PM »
Yep. I'm hosting this Saturday 3PM. If you can bring a setup its appreciated. But if you can bring chairs that'd be godlike.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: August 12, 2012, 10:45:19 PM »
Was nice to see Yeti, Blackjack and Metal again. Hope to see ya'll again next saturday, and demondiz too!