Author Topic: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups  (Read 86884 times)

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Dallas-Fort Worth Meetups
« Reply #315 on: August 13, 2012, 02:19:09 AM »
The meeting was godlike! Metal you should get your friend to play this game. It suits him pretty well

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: August 13, 2012, 06:40:53 PM »
He was supposed to show up. He said he had a headache, but I'm not sure that's the truth. I'll try to get him to come to the next one.

Meetup was awesome though. Persona is definitely a game I'll stick with.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: August 16, 2012, 01:22:02 AM »
We're doing D-town Beatdown this saturday instead a normal meetup. There will be casuals! Bring a casuals setup, especially if you brought one to jet's! Signup and casuals start at 1PM and tourneys start at 2pm I think.
$5 venue fee, $10 entry fee per game. There's KOF, SC5, and Persona among the games.

Location is at The End Zone,
3033 W Parker Rd, Plano, Texas 75023
More info http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?14627-D-Town-Beatdown-%28Plano-TX%29-Aug-18-2012
If you live around Dallas and play KOF, AH3, BB, GG, or MB, PM me~

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: August 22, 2012, 03:32:26 AM »
Meetup saturday at jet's confirmed, 3pm-about midnight like usual, bring setups/chairs please.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: August 30, 2012, 08:38:39 PM »
UCC is coming up tomorrow! I wish you guys good luck!

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: August 31, 2012, 01:50:22 PM »
Turns out moosejaw won't be able to make it to the p4 teams tonight so I need a new teammate. Any takers?

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: August 31, 2012, 02:51:58 PM »
Well I can but I will be doing day 1 stuff lol

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: August 31, 2012, 04:06:15 PM »
Hey man, day one stuff can still win you some games in this game. It would be awesome to have you on my team. I don't get off work till 4 so I don't know for sure when I'll get there tonight. Depends on how bad traffic is. I'll pm you my phone number so you can all me if you need to.

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #323 on: August 31, 2012, 04:14:37 PM »
Lol I hope so. Don't worry about it. I have class tonight at 4:00-6:45pm so I will be there around 7 something

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: September 05, 2012, 03:07:02 AM »
Sunfish will host a meetup this saturday instead of jet/me, starting at noon and ending at 11pm. Text him regarding address and guest parking passes at 805-674-0262. He lives about 10 minutes away from jet.

Also, he says: " I've got 3 moniters + 1 xbox (possibly one more I can borrow from my roommate) + 1 ps3. If anyone can bring consoles / games it would be appreciated. I need some chairs too, my living room is pretty vacant at the moment, but I've got enough for like 8 people to actually sit down."
So yeah! Chairs, setups, copies of games appreciated. Please post or text me or whatever so we can keep track of number of people coming!

Edit:
Sunfish posted some nice news and close-by directions for those who dont want to bother texting him again or wanted more details regarding bringing setups:
"Towing is turned off for guest parking for the meetup. I won't need to get you guys passes, so for anyone who sees this that is coming tomorrow. Guest parking is in the shopping district towards the Coit and spring valley intersection. If you're heading towards Coit, it's two turn-ins past my place, if you're heading towards the 75, it's the first turn in you can take. You'll see a big building that runs perpendicular to spring valley, guest parking is behind that. Not the best directions, so if you can't find it, just call/text me(805-674-0262) and I'll try and get you to the right place.

For the people bringing setups, you might wanna stop by my place first and drop off your stuff cause the walk is kinda far, or get in touch with me and I'll drive over and help you load stuff up.

Once you've made it to the parking lot, walk towards the apartment complex and turn left. Walk a little more, then go inside the gate and head that way until you've get to the second gate next to the pool. I'm the first apartment once you get through the second gate, it's right next to a pool, so if you don't see one you're in the wrong area. Good luck travelers!

Also, towing goes back into effect at 10, so plan on packing up before that so your car isn't towed. It's like $200 to get your car back."
« Last Edit: September 08, 2012, 02:21:42 AM by mightfo »

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: September 11, 2012, 02:09:36 AM »
Alright, this week we have three things going on:

Friday-I'm hosting a meetup, 3pm to about 11pm. I live at University of Texas at Dallas if you haven't been to one of my meetups before, PM me for directions/my number. BB and persona confirmed.
Eric and Ro already confirmed for coming so there will be hungry blazblue play there.

Saturday-D-town beatdown! Go for persona since that's the only thing that got decent turnout last time.http://www.facebook.com/events/461879200511435/
There will be post-DTB casuals at Sunfish's. PM him on dustloop(or me here) or ask around the persona players at DTB for directions/his number/etc.

Weekdays-I dont know if you noticed, but "Random Naoto"(AKA "TXscrub" on srk) posted about how he's up for people coming over on weekdays for Persona. We've done that a bit in the past so hopefully maybe 3-6 of ya'll can do that one of the days this week. time to lazily quote:

Quote from: PureYeti
There is a guy at Richardson by the 75/635 intersection or Spring Valley Rd. He can host up some meetups on the weekdays at his apartment after 8 pm though. His phone number is (972)971-8600.

Quote from: Random Naoto
That'd be me. I'm trying to get some people over for tomorrow (Sunday) night just for some casuals, no real time frame. Send me a text message if you want to come hang out.

So yeah, text him or PM him on dustloop for info!!

And once again, please give me a heads up in post/text/pm if you're coming so I can plan needed setups.
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, 02:11:07 AM by mightfo »

PureYeti

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: September 11, 2012, 11:51:42 AM »
Oh yay you are doing Fridays now!

blackjack

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: September 14, 2012, 05:04:57 AM »
Coming to the meetup Friday and I will be bring a setup, cocaine, and loose women. Be there or be squared.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #328 on: September 17, 2012, 01:25:20 AM »
Coming to the meetup Friday and I will be bring a setup, cocaine, and loose women. Be there or be squared.
BlackJack made a joke!? The seventh seal has now been broken. It's the end of the fucking world now, for the four horsemen have been unleashed upon us!!!

Oh yeah, my job is kicking into high gear which means I'll be doing lots of overtime. So I won't be around as much as usual.

mightfo

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #329 on: September 21, 2012, 08:32:13 AM »
just fyi transient is hosting saturday, text him at 4695832257 if you need info! his place is apparently bigger than mine and jet's combined omg, i gotta go next time i get a chance