Author Topic: Hey What's good from R3N  (Read 2817 times)

R3N

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Hey What's good from R3N
« on: November 10, 2011, 02:30:23 AM »
Hello everyone my name is R3N. I'm from Indy we have a seen here but not to many of us play KOF that much but with KOF XIII coming out soon I'm trying to get that going for our scene. I play any fighter but as of late I've only been playing SFAE 3RD Strike, some marvel for fun but I'm really gonna try to focus on KOF. The first kof i played was on 94 on dreamcast with Yamazaki.I have KOF XI but no really plays it with so I can't really get good at that game but I really wish Vanessa would make it in as a DLC character in the future. The characters I'll be using In KOFXIII will be Terry and Joe Higashi those two are my favorite characters but as far as my third it is really up in the air. For reason I want to say Clark and Duo Lon. Who do you guys I should put as a third?   

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: Hey What's good from R3N
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 02:44:26 AM »
Welcome R3N to DC!  Did you mean '99 on Dreamcast with Yamazaki?   

As for XIII, Joe seems to have a substantial buff in the console and Terry's always a safe choice.  Clark and Duo Lon are totally different characters and I know them well as I used them a lot.  Clark, well is Clark plus some Gatling fun.  Duo Lon is a very heavy mixup character that requires a lot of mind games and conditioning of your opponent.  From a synergistic standpoint, DL would complement your team as he's a good battery and Terry and Joe can use meter effectively.

What time of characters do you gravitate towards? 

bigvador

• Scion of Flame
  • YOU CANT HELP ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 03:21:01 AM »
welcome

and i say go with dou he has more options

baccano1932

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2011, 03:53:52 AM »
Hello and welcome to Dream Cancel R3Nit's a pleasure to meet you and believe me your not the only one who wants Vanessa to comeback.
"simply learning does not make one learned there are those who have knowledge and those who have understanding".

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2011, 04:11:06 AM »
Welcome home pal, good to see another Vanessa fan.

R3N

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2011, 04:36:24 AM »
Welcome R3N to DC!  Did you mean '99 on Dreamcast with Yamazaki?   

As for XIII, Joe seems to have a substantial buff in the console and Terry's always a safe choice.  Clark and Duo Lon are totally different characters and I know them well as I used them a lot.  Clark, well is Clark plus some Gatling fun.  Duo Lon is a very heavy mixup character that requires a lot of mind games and conditioning of your opponent.  From a synergistic standpoint, DL would complement your team as he's a good battery and Terry and Joe can use meter effectively.

What time of characters do you gravitate towards? 

With DL being a good battery that's meaning I should start out with him right? As far as the characters I use in AE I play Gouken, Honda, and Makoto. And then in Guilty Gear i play Baiken and Sol. I know Gouken and Makoto have to have some type of mixup game to win. So I geuss DL would fit with me well.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2011, 07:00:57 AM »
With DL being a good battery that's meaning I should start out with him right?

He's not bad in any position really, but he plays well without any meter and he can always pass it onto your Terry and Joe.

omegaryuji

• Scion of Flame
  • And they called it puppy love
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2011, 02:46:35 PM »
Welcomet to DC :)

With DL being a good battery that's meaning I should start out with him right? As far as the characters I use in AE I play Gouken, Honda, and Makoto. And then in Guilty Gear i play Baiken and Sol. I know Gouken and Makoto have to have some type of mixup game to win. So I geuss DL would fit with me well.
I don't know much of anything about AE, but based on your characters in GG, I'd say Clark fits you more than Duo Lon, since Sol and Baiken are about basic mixups, dealing solid damage whenever they manage get a hit (with a rushdown style that's more about overwhelming pressure than the tricky mixups of Millia, Eddie, Slayer, etc.), and having good defensive tools in arguably the game's best DP and infinite guard cancels, respectively.  Sounds similar to Clark using straightforward 50/50 mixups, doing Clark damage, and being able to SAB his troubles away against overly-aggressive opponents.

Really, though, give both a try and just go with whoever you enjoy more.
Old man/bad player

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2011, 04:55:54 PM »
Howdy and welcome to Dream Cancel!

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2011, 06:36:41 PM »
Welcome another fellow Joe enthusiast that is great!!! hope we can all get some more discussions going for him once the console version is out.

DR.Howard

• New Challenger
  • why am i so bad!?!?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2011, 07:19:18 PM »
welcome bro.
for your 3rd character you should pick terry agian!
Utah's Legendary Fighting Sprite!
Gtag: comingfat D