Pao Pao Cafe > Social Club

The Everything Mario Thread

(1/11) > >>

marchefelix:
Today marks the NA release of Super Mario 3D Land. I thought I would take this as an
opportunity to make a topic dedicated to him alone.

Let's face it: without him, there would not be any of the video games we have today.
And for all that, we thank him by constantly ignoring him. Even within the community of
the fans of Mario games he isn't all that liked anymore. People are liking more than ever
characters like Luigi, Daisy, and for some reason I can't figure out, Waluigi.

So let's take a chance to talk about the legend that is Mr. Video Game.

My favorite Mario games (including spinoffs) are: Super Mario 64, Super Mario World,
Super Mario Bros. 3, Mario Party 3, Paper Mario, Mario Kart 64, and Mario & Luigi Superstar
Saga. I also main Mario in SSB64.

Super Mario 64 has a special place in my heart. It was the first game I ever owned. I
remember taking forever in getting the first star =P but I eventually figured it out.

Xxenace:
mario and peach=low tier

luigi and daisy= high tier

marchefelix:

--- Quote from: Xxenace on November 14, 2011, 12:05:12 AM ---mario and peach=low tier

--- End quote ---

Take that shit somewhere else. This thread is to discuss and to show love to Mario.

baccano1932:

--- Quote from: marchefelix on November 14, 2011, 12:13:22 AM ---
--- Quote from: Xxenace on November 14, 2011, 12:05:12 AM ---mario and peach=low tier

--- End quote ---

Take that shit somewhere else. This thread is to discuss and to show love to Mario.

--- End quote ---
Agreed.

Much like you marchefelix Mario 64 was a major influence on myself from a gaming perspective and I would say though that in my opinion the Mario Galaxy games have supplanted it as the best overall 3d Mario games around(unless 3d land says otherwise) as the level of creativity that is in each level amazes me as others before me on other sites is that there are features in it that you look at and say to yourself they could have made an entire game out of an idea that only gets used once or twice since there are just so many excellent ideas that come together to make something truely unique, special and to the point where no one has even really tried to emulate the feel of the galaxy games which in a way makes them even more special.

The original Paper Mario is actually the first JRPG I ever played and I can only wonder if I would such a fan of series like Shin Megami Tensei, Final Fantasy, Fire Emblem and so many other JRPG and SRPG games if I hadn't tried Paper Mario.

Also I can imagine many people first got into fighting games because of Smash Brothers as I can think of a handful of people that I know who never played fighting games until they played Melee on the gamecube. As well as all the characters from games you never heard of before, especially in the case of someone like Marth as up to the release of Melee pretty much no one in the west knew anything about Fire Emblem and now he is one of the most recognized characters in Smash Bros.

In addition to this if you go back and look at all the spinoff games  that weren't just throw away cash grabs like so many other spinoffs, they actually carefully crafted games like Mario golf to be just as good if not better than say the HotShots golf games.

Finally I think the most telling thing about Mario games are that I can't think of a single person who has ever played a Mario game and hasn't found something that they like about it within the series and doesn't respect what Nintendo has accomplished throughout the years.

darkTown2:
my favorite mario game was 64 just because you had the ability to take Bowser's tail and fling him into bombs...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version