Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354341 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Five dorra foot rong editon
« Reply #135 on: December 11, 2011, 05:16:44 AM »
and i dunno if anyone knows this or not but mortal kombat got the fighting game of the year award which i think is pretty well deserved

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 11, 2011, 05:27:57 AM »
It was expected.  It's the only FG the general public know exist other than SF, which wasn't nominated this year (guess AE wasn't enough for it to count as a new game).  Hell, it was so think than KOFXIII was nominated before it was even released over here.  It probably would've been a bigger fix if MK didn't win.

On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 11, 2011, 05:51:54 AM »
either way this years vga's was pretty good for game announcements last of us looks dope and a HD version of the first two tony hawks games put into one among various other games

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: December 11, 2011, 06:10:41 AM »
I just want Mass Effect 3 and MGR in my hands NAO.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: December 11, 2011, 06:42:13 AM »
Just watched the BioShock:Infinite trailer, and i'm disappoint (by the trailer, not the game).

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: December 11, 2011, 07:10:51 AM »
Yeah, idk, other than a few, especially MGR, I was let down by the trailers this year.  A lot of them left a "Been There, Done That" kind of feel.

The Last of Us...felt a lot like I Am Legend, only with more humans alive, and what almost looked like Ellen Page.  Hell this whole "Infection Apocalypse" has been done so much right now, it's really gonna have to bring SOMETHING to pull me in.  Dead Island pulled me around at the 11th hour with gameplay footage literally a month before release.  I'll see if The Last of Us can do it too.

Fortnite, same deal, though obviously on the more cartoony of the spectrum, but I still felt like...yeah, you know, we've been here.  Seems like it will be more towards the Tower Defense side of gameplay though, which I'm not a great fan of to begin with so...yeah.

Bioshock: Infinite just felt like whatever.

Mass Effect 3's was fine but...idk, it's not much of a different feel than the trailer we got a year ago where we already know the Earth's going to Hell.

It was just...meh in terms of trailers.  MGR saved my night though.  And I know people are gonna get EXTREMELY salty over it because it's not what MGS is supposed to be...but my answer to it is what the hell did you expect?  One, it's not even called MGS, they took the Solid straight out of it.  Two, Konami has been saying straight up since the game was announced that this shit was not gonna be like the MGS we know, hell they called it Lightning Bolt Action for a reason.  Add to the fact people are bitching that it isn't like the demo from a while ago, that demo wasn't even like MGS, it was still slashing shit up, this is just flashier and more focused.

For WHAT Konami obviously wanted MGR to be, going to Platinum Games was the best decision they could've made after the success of Bayonetta.  Add to the fact that people are EXTREMELY annoyed about DmC, and you know those on that edge will come straight to this game, adding to its numbers.

Also, what more could they even do with MGS at this point?  Like seriously, the story for the most part is wrapped up, we're just getting the blind spot of what happened to Raiden post-MGS2.  With Peace Walker out, idk if there's many more blind spots they could open up within the mythology from MGS3-MGS4.

I for one am happy for what they want to do.  Only way I'd be mad at this switch is if they tried to call this out as an actual MGS5, THEN I'd have a problem.  But for a spinoff?  Whatever, I mean, I don't remember that much bitching over Metal Gear Acid.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: December 11, 2011, 08:19:31 AM »
Yeah, idk, other than a few, especially MGR, I was let down by the trailers this year.  A lot of them left a "Been There, Done That" kind of feel.

The Last of Us...felt a lot like I Am Legend, only with more humans alive, and what almost looked like Ellen Page.  Hell this whole "Infection Apocalypse" has been done so much right now, it's really gonna have to bring SOMETHING to pull me in.  Dead Island pulled me around at the 11th hour with gameplay footage literally a month before release.  I'll see if The Last of Us can do it too.

Fortnite, same deal, though obviously on the more cartoony of the spectrum, but I still felt like...yeah, you know, we've been here.  Seems like it will be more towards the Tower Defense side of gameplay though, which I'm not a great fan of to begin with so...yeah.

Bioshock: Infinite just felt like whatever.

Mass Effect 3's was fine but...idk, it's not much of a different feel than the trailer we got a year ago where we already know the Earth's going to Hell.

It was just...meh in terms of trailers.  MGR saved my night though.  And I know people are gonna get EXTREMELY salty over it because it's not what MGS is supposed to be...but my answer to it is what the hell did you expect?  One, it's not even called MGS, they took the Solid straight out of it.  Two, Konami has been saying straight up since the game was announced that this shit was not gonna be like the MGS we know, hell they called it Lightning Bolt Action for a reason.  Add to the fact people are bitching that it isn't like the demo from a while ago, that demo wasn't even like MGS, it was still slashing shit up, this is just flashier and more focused.

For WHAT Konami obviously wanted MGR to be, going to Platinum Games was the best decision they could've made after the success of Bayonetta.  Add to the fact that people are EXTREMELY annoyed about DmC, and you know those on that edge will come straight to this game, adding to its numbers.

Also, what more could they even do with MGS at this point?  Like seriously, the story for the most part is wrapped up, we're just getting the blind spot of what happened to Raiden post-MGS2.  With Peace Walker out, idk if there's many more blind spots they could open up within the mythology from MGS3-MGS4.

I for one am happy for what they want to do.  Only way I'd be mad at this switch is if they tried to call this out as an actual MGS5, THEN I'd have a problem.  But for a spinoff?  Whatever, I mean, I don't remember that much bitching over Metal Gear Acid.
actually they switched the MGSR story to after mgs4 now  http://www.joystiq.com/2011/12/11/metal-gear-risings-story-revised-now-set-post-mgs4/

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: December 11, 2011, 05:23:38 PM »
Interesting...okay then.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: December 11, 2011, 07:35:45 PM »
It looks good, but i will judge a bit more when i see more videos or details.
The good thing IMO is that they took the "Solid" in the name.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: December 11, 2011, 07:48:48 PM »
Still, the salt levels are at an all time high, kinda figures that it involves Raiden.

I have no doubt that P* will knock it out of the park.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: December 11, 2011, 07:51:59 PM »
i have no problem with raiden at all and metal gear solid 2 was my favorite one out of the series

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: December 11, 2011, 07:58:24 PM »
i have no problem with raiden at all and metal gear solid 2 was my favorite one out of the series

You're like...in .1% of the population with that statement.  You are literally in a Chin Player sized population.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 12, 2011, 05:06:52 AM »
Raiden is a pretty cool guy, not my favourite but not bad enough to ruin a game (MGS2) for me.
Now if only Capcom made Platinum to develop DmC, like Konami did.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: December 12, 2011, 09:09:43 AM »
Raiden is a pretty cool guy, not my favourite but not bad enough to ruin a game (MGS2) for me.
Now if only Capcom made Platinum to develop DmC, like Konami did.

Well Capcom's gonna learn that lesson the hard way when DmC massively flops and MGR kills it.  You know they shit in their pants when they saw the MGR trailers...they know they done fucked up.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: December 12, 2011, 10:39:24 AM »
to be completely honest i would be a lot more interested in DmC if it just didn't have the devil may cry name also that new dante is just ugh