Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354482 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Super Off Topic Thread AE 2012 Plus Alpha edition
« Reply #450 on: February 23, 2012, 10:37:09 PM »
^^ Already own it on the Dreamcast, oh well.

Just finished Xenogears. One of the worst RPGs I've ever played. Fuck that game.
now ive heard the inverse of that many times mind telling why it was so bad?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 23, 2012, 11:29:14 PM »
Really?  I hear just as many hating on Xenogears as well.  Haven't played or seen much of it, so I'm indifferent as well.

As for you know what coming back...just reminds me how I miss my Dreamcast.

And lastly...why does Greg Weisman keep getting screwed?  Gargoyles, gone before its time.  Spectacular Spider-Man, ROBBED of more season...REALLY gone before its time.  Young Justice...can't get a decent premiere schedule to save its life.  So much greatness coming from this man...and he keeps getting screwed.
« Last Edit: February 23, 2012, 11:31:04 PM by Saitsuofleaves »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 24, 2012, 12:03:05 AM »
^^ Young Justice gone? Wow. That's a shame, it was surprisingly real good.

The reason why I say Xenogears is bad the following:

- the sprites look terrible even by Playstation standards and they scale horribly. Games like Persona 2 and Breath of Fire 3 look a lot better.
- It has TERRIBLE usage of religious iconography and references.
- It's plot is horribly convoluted, poorly paced and left me guessing as to what it was trying to say in the end. (I honestly didn't even know if it was a proper criticism of organized religion, making distinctions between a real and perceived God or just a straight up "Fuck you" to western religion)
- Citan Uzuki is probably the biggest troll asshole ever to grace an RPG.
- The game is piss easy and the combat is repetitive as fuck. Also most of the spells in the game are USELESS except for VERY SPECIFIC fights.
- The game takes a HUMONGOUS nosedive in quality by the second disc, most scenes are rushed and most of the events are told through only text trying to fill you in on what's going on, whisking you away from small event to small event. Making me think that this game ran out of budget by this point.
- It is not uncommon to go for about 10 hours without seeing the world map.
- Text that goes on for hours on end with only small breaks for an easy 2 minute boss battle. (Let me point out that this is indeed WORSE than MGS4 and Xenosaga COMBINED)
- Writing that will make you want to throw up.
- Shoehorning in a Voltron reference and having a little girl and an oversized stuffed animal save the day.
- Rips off Neon Genesis Evangelion in so many ways.
- The director had the audacity to proclaim the game is "Episode V" at the end of the game.
- Probably some of the worst dungeons ever made in RPG history, featuring poorly made puzzles and forced platforming with clunky controls.

I hate this game, but on the other hand, it was a learning experience for me and I actually feel bad about this game, because most of the staff had to be shifted over to FFVIII. Makes me wonder what would've been if the game was given a bigger budget...
« Last Edit: February 24, 2012, 12:07:43 AM by Proto Cloud »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 24, 2012, 12:59:22 AM »
And lastly...why does Greg Weisman keep getting screwed?  Gargoyles, gone before its time.  Spectacular Spider-Man, ROBBED of more season...REALLY gone before its time.  Young Justice...can't get a decent premiere schedule to save its life.  So much greatness coming from this man...and he keeps getting screwed.

Because he doesn't work with ponies.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 24, 2012, 02:23:42 AM »
Young Justice isn't gone, it's still around.  I'm saying that the schedule keeps getting fucked with.  Keep in mind the premiere of Season 1 debuted in January...of 2011.  We still have 8 episodes to go.  The reason I bring it up is because it just seems like destiny to have execs fuck over Weisman for whatever reason.  It makes no sense, especially considering, he's an INSANELY nice person.  He talks to the fans, good with the cast.  Hell, even with the whole Goliath Chronicles debacle which he had to say everything other than the 1st episode wasn't canon, he still gives shoutouts to it to honor those who put a lot of work into it.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 24, 2012, 03:44:52 AM »
I haven't kept up with it for that reason. I thought it was canned. But then again, it's not like network execs really give a shit about their cartoons. Ironic enough for "Cartoon Network". God knows how many shows got their rugs slipped under them.

RIP Reboot

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 24, 2012, 03:54:56 AM »
I haven't kept up with it for that reason. I thought it was canned. But then again, it's not like network execs really give a shit about their cartoons. Ironic enough for "Cartoon Network". God knows how many shows got their rugs slipped under them.

RIP Reboot

Not as many as you'd think, but yeah.  But I think CN will keep YJ around for the reason that they need a DC block to compete with Disney's Marvel Block.  Though you never know...Symbionic Titan got screwed so...anything is fair game at this point.

And I need to catch up on Reboot...my memory is so shaky. 

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 24, 2012, 04:47:47 AM »
shake it bake it booty quake it

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 24, 2012, 04:58:06 AM »
Speaking of cartoons, Nickelodeon is resurrecting Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles again.

God help us all.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 24, 2012, 05:12:06 AM »
Meh...I'll ignore it, but that's just because my attention is divided as is.  Some revivals work well (I hear nothing but good things about Thundercats), others...yeah...

And Xxenace, I don't know how the hell they got that to go on CN. 

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 24, 2012, 05:34:15 AM »
^---Kids need to watch something like that soon or later.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 24, 2012, 05:37:17 AM »
True...very true.  And all considering, it's a lot tamer than when they used to put on Tenchi Muyo in the afternoon.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 24, 2012, 05:40:10 AM »
True...very true.  And all considering, it's a lot tamer than when they used to put on Tenchi Muyo in the afternoon.
man i fucking miss toonami

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 24, 2012, 05:43:55 AM »
Thank god for Toonami Aftermath then.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 24, 2012, 06:22:20 AM »
Tenchi Muyo heh? I've been tempted to watch that, i know there are a lot of "seasons", series, spin-off or whatever they are called in the anime business. But i don't know if the series aged that well, being from mid '90s and all that.