Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354160 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:on disk DLC edition
« Reply #750 on: March 15, 2012, 03:08:36 AM »
I think Netflix does indeed, but check to make sure.

And cool though I doubt my laptop has the specs for it.
get that shit upgraded den son and play dem glorious pc games so you wont have to be a filthy console gamer any more

My computer is something I use to get away from gaming or TV for a while to divert my attention.  I also do not feel like micromanaging my laptop or getting a new PC altogether.  I've never been a fan of PC gaming, even when I have done it at my friend's, I'm not about to start now.  I'm not exactly a fan of Sony or MS' shit, but I'd rather have something separate for gaming.

And Avatar is a good series, but it can be...annoying to get into as Season 1 wasn't really that good.  Season 2 is where it truly earned its wings, and despite criticism Season 3 was good...until the ending (WTF is it with trilogies and Endings?!).  Two Deus Ex Machinas within one fight a good final fight does not make.
well to each his own i really only upgraded my computer just for one game i wanted everything else was kind of a well why the fuck not situation though im actually glad i upgraded my computer outside of gaming everything runs a lot faster than before

also i think i promised some of you TERA screen caps so ill just leave some links just cause the are really big

http://sadpanda.us/images/872046-4UWEH4K.png
http://sadpanda.us/images/872049-5FWP17I.png
http://sadpanda.us/images/872055-KDUG60I.png
http://sadpanda.us/images/872057-DL2WVF1.png
http://sadpanda.us/images/872061-UF9TBQ7.png

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 15, 2012, 03:29:23 AM »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 15, 2012, 03:48:50 AM »
http://pxz.channel.or.jp/

W...T...F?!?!
i wish the hurry and announce what the fuck those 3 are planning already

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 15, 2012, 03:50:50 AM »
If I had to guess...Namco X Capcom X Sega
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 15, 2012, 04:15:36 AM »
If I had to guess...Namco X Capcom X Sega
i wouldn't doubt it but if that was the case why would it only be on the 3ds

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 15, 2012, 04:17:03 AM »
Because it's likely a SRPG like the last game and I would assume they sell better on handhelds.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 15, 2012, 04:24:50 AM »
Because it's likely a SRPG like the last game and I would assume they sell better on handhelds.
could be right  i do think handheld games tend to sell a bit more in japan

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: March 15, 2012, 04:26:17 AM »
Especially when the man named Miyamoto is behind them.

Plus the 360 is completely hated and is actually phased out over there for the most part.  It might as well not exist.  It's all PS3 and handhelds there now.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #758 on: March 15, 2012, 04:33:13 AM »
ive always wondered what american/euro made games sell in japan  dont think ive ever really heard about games made here striking gold with the Japanese crowd

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #759 on: March 15, 2012, 06:07:36 AM »
I would guess xenophobia is part of why American consoles and games don't sell well in Asia. Either that or JRPGS are just that strong.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: March 15, 2012, 06:08:41 AM »
Depends if you count things like Monster Hunter as JRPGs.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: March 15, 2012, 06:29:17 AM »
ive always wondered what american/euro made games sell in japan  dont think ive ever really heard about games made here striking gold with the Japanese crowd

They usually sell terribly, but if they're published by a well respected company they tend to do better. So far I've seen, games like Ratchet and Clank, Neverwinter Nights, Wizardry and GTA have sold well there.

I would guess xenophobia is part of why American consoles and games don't sell well in Asia. Either that or JRPGS are just that strong.
Actually, they really are. I just looked at the top 100 games charts and, no joke, it's 99% JRPGs.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: March 15, 2012, 06:45:59 AM »
Yeah, pretty much, a JRPG would have to REALLY suck to not get much play over there.  I mean, Famitsu should give a pretty good idea on how high they are on them, they never give a single JRPG a bad score...EVER.  I'm surprised they don't just make National Holidays for when Pokemon, Monster Hunter or a Final Fantasy drop...if they don't have them already.

Oh, and here's the trailer for A:TLoK (not as free flowing as A:TLA).

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: March 15, 2012, 06:51:53 AM »
Apparently the only games that get national holidays are Ys and Dragon Quest. I'm surprised MH hasn't gotten there, because it's stupid popular now.

As much as I love Japanese game though, their love for RPGs is a bit exaggerated. I thought America was bad with it's love affair with Western fantasy and shooters.

I mean, they almost all agree that FFX is the game EVER. >_>

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #764 on: March 15, 2012, 06:59:03 AM »
I like RPG's as much as the next guy, but they put me and most of us under the table.  And yeah I figured MH would be National Holiday status by now.

And I think America loves shooters because they love simple, open competition, and then after that, they like anything with a ton of hype.

And I'm very tentative to say anything of FFX because I love the game, and it's the first FF I actually beat (mostly because I'm missing a FFVIII disc, and my FFVII is in meh shape).  If I actually planned to get a Vita, I would jump all over the rerelease it will get.  But yeah...no, not the best game ever, not the best FF ever...it's honestly way too easy for that.  There were only a couple of spots I ever struggled with in FFX, and all but one were because of underleveling.