Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354221 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1065 on: April 10, 2012, 07:42:34 PM »

- The mystery merc is now known to be Wesker's "son" (with this being an RE game, who knows what the hell they actually mean by that).

The son stuff was mention in re5 I think. The missing BOW who were able to escape

Except that wasn't Wesker's "son".  Brother would be closer in that case.  And it wouldn't explain why he suddenly doesn't know jack shit about Wesker.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1066 on: April 10, 2012, 08:13:16 PM »
That punk ass bitch Leon doesn't deserve to be in the same place, or even in the same game with Chris (and i don't like Chris that much anyways).

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1067 on: April 10, 2012, 08:39:52 PM »
That punk ass bitch Leon doesn't deserve to be in the same place, or even in the same game with Chris (and i don't like Chris that much anyways).

That "punk ass bitch" runs trains through his own games without any help, and often with an anchor (who happens to be blonde...hmm).  Leon is just fine as long as Ada doesn't show up.  And at least he doesn't have to take steroids...and ironically, he's a LOT less Emo than Chris is now.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1068 on: April 10, 2012, 09:15:12 PM »
NSFW

!
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1069 on: April 10, 2012, 10:10:24 PM »
So more RE6 details that I was too stupid to notice the first time.

Release Date got moved up massively from 11/20 to 10/3.  Must be working overtime.

Co-op...back to the main focus with all 3 protagonists having their own partners (Leon/Helena, Chris/Piers, Jake/Sherry) though now it's Drop-In/Drop-Out play for Online.  That's good I guess.

And Mercs is coming back, being unlocked from the start.  Hurray.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1070 on: April 10, 2012, 11:32:01 PM »
ready to see what the on disc dlc will be for re 6

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1071 on: April 10, 2012, 11:34:36 PM »
Well considering how meaningless the ODDLC was for RE5, I'm not worried.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1072 on: April 11, 2012, 12:56:57 AM »
That "punk ass bitch" runs trains through his own games without any help, and often with an anchor (who happens to be blonde...hmm).  Leon is just fine as long as Ada doesn't show up.  And at least he doesn't have to take steroids...and ironically, he's a LOT less Emo than Chris is now.

The only game Leon made it through alone without any help was RE4:

[spoiler]And even there in the Ada mini-game it reveals she helped him at some points, in this i might be wrong since i barely remember stuff from there.[/spoiler]

In Code: Veronica Chris:

[spoiler]killed Alexia, the chick whose even Wesker was afraid of. Yes, most of the puzzles, enemies, doors, etc were already done by Claire, but he was alone.[/spoiler]

Not counting RE1 and RE2 because Jill and Claire.

The steroids is not official and probably only fan-made, used to mock and joke about his new appearance.

Dunno about the emo thing, the only game from the main storyline i have to play is Revelations. Maybe Chris gets emo there, but who knows.

But hey, this is silly arguing over two characters that i don't even like that much.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1073 on: April 11, 2012, 01:21:57 AM »
He's way bulkier in RE5 than he is in any other RE game INCLUDING 6.  If that doesn't signify steroid use, I dunno what does.

And considering how Ada is, half the time Leon got through his situations in spite of her, rather than help from her, except for both his Final Boss fights, those Rocket Launchers were handy.

And you can tell Chris' mood change just from the two RE6 trailers.  Ada decimating his squad has left him sullen most of the time until she gets brought up or is around, to which he immediately flies off the handle.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1074 on: April 11, 2012, 02:28:58 AM »
So more RE6 details that I was too stupid to notice the first time.

Release Date got moved up massively from 11/20 to 10/3.  Must be working overtime.

Co-op...back to the main focus with all 3 protagonists having their own partners (Leon/Helena, Chris/Piers, Jake/Sherry) though now it's Drop-In/Drop-Out play for Online.  That's good I guess.

And Mercs is coming back, being unlocked from the start.  Hurray.

Some of those details are good to hear, but wish I didn't know this much of the story from the two trailers. The new release date kind of worries me; it better be almost already done as of now, cause Capcom really doesn't need anymore hiccup/omissions like it's fighters have been getting, though that's probably unlikely with RE.

And after the whole Sherry/Ashley guessing game, unless Capcom said this themselves somewhere that the red scarf was Ada, I'm gonna wait. I'll assume it now, as everything is pointing in that direction, but it was a surprise to see Ada do what she did to Chris's squad; never seen her act so...Wesker before.

I really want to hold off on getting this game until the (more) complete edition comes out after the initial, but I just don't know. More gameplay will help my decision.

Interesting to see Capcom starting to get some positivity back, especially out of DmC now. Profits are closer to guaranteed, though not what they're expecting outside of RE6, but we'll see.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1075 on: April 11, 2012, 02:57:58 AM »
Yeah...there's no way in hell that's not Ada.  At least with the Sherry/Ashley thing, it was hard since we had no clue what Sherry would look like a decade later, and she does look a bit like Ashley.  That however looks a crapton like Ada, and Ada has been heavily featured in every game that Leon decides to make his presence (all two of them).  If that's not Ada, I'm kicking Capcom's ass.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1076 on: April 11, 2012, 03:17:05 AM »
dont really know how anyone thought that was ashley

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1077 on: April 11, 2012, 03:26:50 AM »
dont really know how anyone thought that was ashley

Seen in most recent game, happens to be a game that the President gets killed (of course we didn't find out until later that it's a different President than her father), and she was doing what she was doing best in the trailer, running.  Then we have Sherry, who we haven't seen in a freaking decade, and considering the big deal the government did to keep her, didn't seem like the best choice as a field agent.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1078 on: April 11, 2012, 04:01:14 AM »
Seems they have to focus on the story because the gameplay may just be a load of bullshit. I gave up on seeing the amount of awful clichés on that trailer. I'll pass. Last thing I need to do is taint my image of both Ada and Leon.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1079 on: April 11, 2012, 04:03:23 AM »
Seems they have to focus on the story because the gameplay may just be a load of bullshit. I gave up on seeing the amount of awful clichés on that trailer. I'll pass. Last thing I need to do is taint my image of both Ada and Leon.

*yawn* Please man, RE has been about cliches since day 1.  And the game play won't maybe be a load of BS, just assume it will be.  At this point, it's best to be cynical about ALL games.