Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354296 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Ronald Jenkees Edition
« Reply #1155 on: April 21, 2012, 08:52:01 AM »
You really should at least play FFVI. It's just too good to pass up and it's such a classic. It's like saying you've never watched The Godfather.

Also, I finished Golden Sun: Dark Dawn and I'm fairly convinced it has the most annoying final boss ever made. He's a total jackass and can go to fucking hell.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 08:59:04 AM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1156 on: April 21, 2012, 08:58:03 AM »
Zuko being alive is pretty much the only "spoiler" and even then we don't know how big of a deal it will be anyway.  He's in his 80s, without spiritual longevity, so I doubt he'd be a badass like Bumi.  If anything, at least he'd be the one to mention what happened to his mother.

As for playing FFVI...I guess i could, it's on the DS right?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1157 on: April 21, 2012, 09:01:51 AM »
I dunno if it's on the DS, but there was an enhanced version for the GBA. Even got a secret boss the original was supposed to have. Avoid the SNES version, it's good, but the translation isn't as good as the GBA/PSX versions.

To make matters worse on Golden Sun, the game ends in a cliffhanger just as the story was getting interesting. God, this game is bad. Thanks Nintendo, guess we'll never know the ending to the story now jackasses.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1158 on: April 21, 2012, 09:06:03 AM »
Yeah, that Czar Dragon thing?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1159 on: April 21, 2012, 09:12:23 AM »
Yup. Makes me want to give it another whirl, but then again, I don't like grinding. :/

ULTRA EDIT!:

Ryu's FADC Shinku Hadouken had me hype!!!

Marriage of RPG and fighting games...ME WANT!

« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 09:22:13 AM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1160 on: April 21, 2012, 05:00:01 PM »
Solid episode of YJ today...very solid.  Though again, I hate clones.

EDIT:  Also, great episode of Korra today.

- So it seems Lightningbending caught on with every damn Firebender, including Mako.

- Really pushing the Korra/Mako thing hard I see?

- Damn these Equalists are dangerous.  Chi-blocking and super tasers?

- Amon isn't related to anyone we know it seems, thank god.

- Amon knows Energybending...that's...not...good.

They're definitely pushing how damn powerful these guys are with the thrashing they gave to the new Team Avatar.  She really needs to tap into her spirituality, because the Avatar State would be REALLY helpful right now.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 05:33:09 PM by Saitsuofleaves »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1161 on: April 22, 2012, 06:37:28 AM »
Yeah, I was bothered by the usage of clones. It is a very lazy writing crutch. I guess that explains him acting dumb, but doesn't explain how someone like Batman falls for a trick like that. Oh well. Either way, the action was good and I like how they resolved Superboy and Superman.

After someone told me though: I noticed Beastboy, Supergirl, Bumblebee and Cyborg made cameos.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1162 on: April 22, 2012, 07:06:06 AM »
Yeah, I was bothered by the usage of clones. It is a very lazy writing crutch. I guess that explains him acting dumb, but doesn't explain how someone like Batman falls for a trick like that. Oh well. Either way, the action was good and I like how they resolved Superboy and Superman.

After someone told me though: I noticed Beastboy, Supergirl, Bumblebee and Cyborg made cameos.

Though in an interesting note, they show the real Roy missing his arm like in the comics.  Was wondering how they would handle that.

And that ending was freaking Shipper's Paradise.  My god...

And yeah, that Season 2 trailer...which starts next week...hurray for that fun CN scheduling.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1163 on: April 22, 2012, 07:17:28 AM »
Also, great episode of Korra today.

-Well, metalbending is common now, so i guess someone that started teaching lightning is not far fetched.
-Korra/Mako thing seems like the wet dream and 2nd prize of Zutarians, these guys (or mainly girls i guess) are truly nuts.
-Good to see non-benders kicking some asses, specially bender asses. They seem to be really competent, fresh air from the cases of useless lackeys.
-Amon seems to be a pretty cool guy so far, the mask and lack of info about him is killing me with suspense. Still i wanted to see bending taking to be more...flashy.
-Yup, Avatar State is hax, until someone kills her, which makes me think Amon will bait Korra to use it and then attempt to end the Avatar cycle. But hey, just a weak theory of mine, that's what i would do.

On a second note i wonder which spirits are the one helping or speaking with Amon, if he said the truth and is not that much crazy.

Good shit, very good stuff there, can't wait for the next episodes.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1164 on: April 22, 2012, 07:50:54 AM »
Part of me thinks he's talking out of his ass, but there are annoying ass spirits, Koh the Face Stealer anyone?

And people have been theorizing that Amon WILL take away Korra's bending so she's forced to go to the Spirit World or something and gain her spirituality to reclaim it.

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #1165 on: April 22, 2012, 11:09:11 AM »
Solid episode of YJ today...very solid.  Though again, I hate clones.

Agreed with the clones thing. I'm alright about Superboy being a clone and all but apart from that, well...

But to be fair, it was a really good setup. At least they didn't just mass produce clones or anything.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1166 on: April 22, 2012, 12:35:33 PM »
IN the next Famitsu which is the annivercary of 15 years of resident evil Capcom said they are gonna announce an unexpected game. Although I think it is Darkstalkers 4 deep inside I am hoping that it is CvS3!
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 05:52:59 PM by solidshark »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1167 on: April 22, 2012, 05:08:06 PM »
Solid episode of YJ today...very solid.  Though again, I hate clones.

Agreed with the clones thing. I'm alright about Superboy being a clone and all but apart from that, well...

But to be fair, it was a really good setup. At least they didn't just mass produce clones or anything.

Not yet at least.  Don't worry it's coming.  Once writers make one clone, they can't stop making clones.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1168 on: April 22, 2012, 05:54:26 PM »
IN the next Famitsu which is the annivercary of 15 years of resident evil Capcom said they are gonna announce an unexpected game. Although I think it is Darkstalkers 4 deep inside I am hoping that it is CvS3!

Less likely it's a CVS3, probably Darkstalkers, if it's even a fighter. I just hope it's something that doesn't warrant a lot bad press again, and something I wouldn't regret buying the first version of it, whatever it is.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1169 on: April 22, 2012, 09:43:09 PM »
man i love going to edward mckay's scored a copy of panzer dragoon orta,evolution and original copies of ff7 and fft