Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354238 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Rule 34 Edition
« Reply #1305 on: May 09, 2012, 12:14:33 AM »
finally got around to finishing arkham asylum now time to start arkham city

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1306 on: May 09, 2012, 08:34:49 AM »
If you're playing it after AA, prepare to be a bit disappointed. For every new thing they add, they do some wrong. It's not a bad game, but I hate how they tease the hell outta you the entire game and rushed the ending, ruining the pace of the game.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1307 on: May 09, 2012, 06:02:02 PM »
If you're playing it after AA, prepare to be a bit disappointed. For every new thing they add, they do some wrong. It's not a bad game, but I hate how they tease the hell outta you the entire game and rushed the ending, ruining the pace of the game.

I disagree (other with the ending, that much I agree with you).  I had no problems with the game at all until they rushed the ending.  I wasn't disappointed in the least really.   Especially since AA's ending wasn't exactly top notch either.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1308 on: May 09, 2012, 06:31:07 PM »
bioshock infinite has been delayed again >_>

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1309 on: May 09, 2012, 08:03:08 PM »
^^ No surprise.

I disagree (other with the ending, that much I agree with you).  I had no problems with the game at all until they rushed the ending.  I wasn't disappointed in the least really.   Especially since AA's ending wasn't exactly top notch either.

Besides the final boss being entirely horrible, AA was expertly paced and well told. But I can't believe you didn't like how half the plot threads ended in cliffhangers. That shit is annoying and stupid.

EDIT: Also the bosses suck besides one and the combat system still isn't all that great.

Anyways, had no idea Young Justice went to its second season so fast. Time skip sucks though, too much stuff unresolved and only really kept Superboy and Miss Martian along. I guess they'll fill in some of the gaps eventually like Kid Flash and Artemis, but I'll be damned they didn't even let Rocket have a chance to shine. It is cool to see Blue Beetle in (He deserves it) and it seems all the teased characters actually made it in. I just hate that the VA for Beastboy is terribad so far. I know he's barely past being a toddler, but bleh.

Also, Zitana got a nice rack on her now.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2012, 08:37:45 PM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1310 on: May 09, 2012, 08:39:46 PM »
To be fair I haven't played AA and AC in a while, so I might just be misremembering.  For all I now, I actually was more annoyed about it before.

And yeah, again, screw time skips.  But yeah, I find it funny, we got a grand total of two eps with Rocket on the team, hello time skip, and she's in the League.  At least Zatanna got some focus eps.  And yeah, she has some nice...assets, but that's Zatanna in a nutshell in every form of media.  Beast Boy's VA does annoy the hell out of me, but...idk.  I'll give it time.  It annoyed me less when he was just Garfield so it's probably just me connecting YJ BB to TT BB and being annoyed.

But after thinking about it, there is one decent reason for such a quick time skip.  Greg Weisman has no assurance that YJ will even make it to a Season 3.  After what happened with Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man, I wouldn't blame him for feeling a bit...nervous, ESPECIALLY considering how awful they've treated the airing of YJ, not to mention how CN just loves screwing with a lot of shows in general (Symbionic Titan got screwed, Generator Rex, one of their keynotes, didn't even finish their series on TV, their last eps were online only).  He probably planned a quick time skip so his vision of having a vast DC lineup in his show would actually...you know, happen before CN screws him.  If I think about it like that, I'm less annoyed.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1311 on: May 10, 2012, 01:19:47 AM »
bioshock infinite has been delayed again >_>

**insert FFFUUU guy here**

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1312 on: May 10, 2012, 03:40:15 AM »
^^ I'll get over it. There's way too many games out right now and the last thing I need is another.

But after thinking about it, there is one decent reason for such a quick time skip.  Greg Weisman has no assurance that YJ will even make it to a Season 3.  After what happened with Gargoyles and Spectacular Spider-Man, I wouldn't blame him for feeling a bit...nervous, ESPECIALLY considering how awful they've treated the airing of YJ, not to mention how CN just loves screwing with a lot of shows in general (Symbionic Titan got screwed, Generator Rex, one of their keynotes, didn't even finish their series on TV, their last eps were online only).  He probably planned a quick time skip so his vision of having a vast DC lineup in his show would actually...you know, happen before CN screws him.  If I think about it like that, I'm less annoyed.

As long as he's able to fill in the gaps with flashbacks and hints I'll be fine. I do understand that he's nervous over getting screwed so much, but I at least want some answers. I was also thinking that it'd be cool if they had a show of the Justice League coinciding with YJ. I'm surprised they haven't tried to bring that back.

In other news, apparently Sony is going to make a game that looks like Demon's Souls on the Vita called Soul Sacrifice. It's being done by Keiji Inafune and SCEJ are working on it. Might actually be something other than P4G for the Vita now.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/05/08/soul-sacrifice-is-keiji-inafunes-playstation-vita-title/

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1313 on: May 10, 2012, 04:03:01 AM »
Well up until now, they probably couldn't.  Wonder Woman's rights were tied up for a long time until recently (hence why WW or Wonder Girl wasn't seen anywhere on YJ until the later eps).

Though at this point, instead of making an alternate show, just make it so the JL gets more time in YJ if they want to go there.  Or make a JL show in the same universe after YJ ends.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1314 on: May 10, 2012, 05:19:40 AM »
I'd like to see a JL show just because if DC is going to continue with this DC Nation thing, why not? Then they don't have to worry about giving everyone a show and you don't have to worry about their shitty villains. *coughFlashcough*

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1315 on: May 10, 2012, 05:31:46 AM »
I'd like to see a JL show just because if DC is going to continue with this DC Nation thing, why not? Then they don't have to worry about giving everyone a show and you don't have to worry about their shitty villains. *coughFlashcough*

Well I don't see anything that says they would be planning to give everyone their own show.  But it wouldn't hurt to have something else for the lineup when they run out of new GL and YJ eps.  They have Beware the Batman coming up (which just looks...awful by the way, but it could surprise me), having one last DC show could help.

Then again, it's not like they're in a hotly contested battle with Marvel on the animation front.  While Avengers is probably better than both YJ and GL...Ultimate Spider-Man is just plain bad, and with the way their particular block drags out, it can turn more people off before Avengers even comes on.  On top of that, there's a running rumor that they're going to cancel the Avengers just so they can make a new version of the show that runs more in line with the USM universe they set up, which would pretty much be par for the course with how successful Marvel shows are treated (Weisman can attest to that).

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1316 on: May 10, 2012, 09:36:52 PM »
Another Batman show? Ugh. God, they need to lay off Batman for a while, they just got off Brave and the Bold. Why can't they do Superman, who hasn't had an animated show since the 90s?

But yeah, I guess they don't have much competition from Marvel because they're almost completely focused on their live-action front. It's a shame that USM sucks, I was kind of excited because Iron Fist/Luke Cage team up was in. Oh well. I just really hope they don't reboot The Avengers. It's too good to change and they are already riding the popularity of the movie at the moment. To go and change that would be completely retarded and redundant.

Actually, after seeing the Doctor Strange movie. I want them to give him a shot, it'd make for a pretty sweet series.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1317 on: May 10, 2012, 09:52:25 PM »
Because, real talk, Superman is pretty boring.  He's more interesting when surrounded by other heroes for comparison.  Plus this is all at the moment capitalizing on the Batman movies (even though they have nothing to do with them) and the fact Batman's a lot easier to market.  Now if the next two Supes movies don't suck (or...you know, at least one of them) then we'll probably see something down the pipe.

And it's not that Marvel is focusing just on live action, they actually have plenty of animated things going on.  It's just that most of them are subpar short of Avengers right now.  USM had potential, but they're fucking it up with a lot of stupid cutaway gags and all this other crap.  It makes me feel bad that one, Clark Gregg (Agent Coulson from the Marvel movies) is doing VA work of his own character from the movies, two that they wasted Taskmaster on this show, and three, that this show is the replacement to Spectacular Spider-Man.

At least though you go your Luke Cage/Iron Fist team up in the Avengers cartoon, though it's a one-off episode (for now at least, who knows in the future considering Ms. Marvel is getting a lot of play right now when she's not even an Avenger).

Doc Strange could be pretty cool.  Should have some build up though, not the most well known hero.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1318 on: May 10, 2012, 10:45:29 PM »
Did you see the Superman animated series? It was great. Sure Superman himself is bland (which DC needs to work out themselves.), but his villains are great. I've always loved Lobo, Luthor and Braniac. Sure, Batman is the easiest to expose, but they've been doing that forever. That's the reason why Marvel has had such a leg up on them because they're not intently focused on their biggest characters and then make them insanely broken every time. (Y'know, Pre-Crisis Superman and Prep-time Batman being seriously stupid) They need to branch out and I'm glad they allowed Green Lantern a chance, hell Wonder Woman is a great character and she barely gets exposure. (Well, the other exposure.)

Only projects I know they're on are USM and Avengers, other than that I'm aloof to it. I was pretty sure the animes, X-men and Fantastic Four have run their courses.

Honestly, as a standalone character, Dr. Strange could hold his own. The thing is they've never really tried and he hardly ever gets cameos. Which is weird because he's a favorite of all the Marvel head honchos. Of course, there's talks about a movie. Which in any case, I think Hugh Laurie would be an awesome choice.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1319 on: May 10, 2012, 11:04:41 PM »
i gots me a jerb