Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354234 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Rule 34 Edition
« Reply #1335 on: May 12, 2012, 08:57:59 AM »
*brofist*

I got the game on hiatus, now need to get back and finish it.

*brofist back* Man, how long is this intro? I want to grow up already, so I don't have to hear Hubert whine about everything and grow some balls.

As for Sandman, I dunno, I'm not a huge comic book guy. I have a decent collection for both manga and comics, but I barely keep up. Most of what I know comes from either the shows or my friends who know everything Marvel and DC. I wish I could keep in the know, but I'd end up being broke and games are already too expensive.

In other news, it seems that RE6 sales expectation is to sell 7 million and DmC at 2 mil. It was nice knowing you Capcom... *bumbumbuhbum* *salutes*

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1336 on: May 12, 2012, 10:04:52 AM »
It took me around 6 hrs for the first arc you are talking about, but keep in mind that i spent a lot of time going back to towns and going around trying to get all the skits, so it probably should take less time.

The last time i played the game (like 1 week ago) i had like 112 hours of play time, and if i can play that amount of time without even finishing the game, then any full RPG fan can do it too.
BTW i am the kind of player that just plays around an RPG game and usually left it before 30 hours of play time.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1337 on: May 12, 2012, 03:45:00 PM »
RE5 sold 5.8 million.  It's definitely possible RE6 makes it to 7 million.

DmC...lolololololololol.

EDIT:  Welp...found Aqualad today.  Though I don't think he likes being called that anymore.

And also, Tenzin is a pimp.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2012, 05:40:22 PM by Saitsuofleaves »
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1338 on: May 13, 2012, 03:31:31 AM »
RE5 sold 5.8 million to date. That's a big difference. This is including all the years it has been in market and the Gold version. I'm pretty sure it original only sold 4-5 million copies. And that was pre-CoD era.

The expectations are for their fiscal quarter. That's ridiculous. They're definitely not going to make it. They're going to be competing with both Blops II and AssCreed III. (And that's not saying there will be others.) They're finished. Maybe Capcom will finally join Sega in Kusogeville.

It took me around 6 hrs for the first arc you are talking about, but keep in mind that i spent a lot of time going back to towns and going around trying to get all the skits, so it probably should take less time.

The last time i played the game (like 1 week ago) i had like 112 hours of play time, and if i can play that amount of time without even finishing the game, then any full RPG fan can do it too.
BTW i am the kind of player that just plays around an RPG game and usually left it before 30 hours of play time.
0_0 Are you serious? Damn man, I can't lolligag that much in an RPG. I'll do a few sidequests and sightseeing but I would like to see my ending as fast as possible.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1339 on: May 13, 2012, 03:49:49 AM »
Actually, both Creed and Blops 2 are going to be in November, RE6 will avoid them by a month.  I wouldn't call that direct competition.

I'm just going to say we'll see.  I think it has a shot.  You never know.  And if Capcom joins Sega in Kusogeville, I'll have the same reaction if they don't.  Not a fuck will be given on that day.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1340 on: May 13, 2012, 04:08:52 AM »
But didn't they announce that RE6 was a winter release? That sounds like that'll get in the way of their master plan to take the Call of Duty crowd.

If they do go the way of Sega. Me and all of the Capcom detractors will laugh and then we'll have drinks with Keiji Inafune and Hideki Kamiya afterwards.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1341 on: May 13, 2012, 04:17:04 AM »
It was initially a November release but they pushed it up to October.  So yeah, I doubt COD is a factor.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1342 on: May 13, 2012, 04:27:07 AM »
Smart move, but I forgot to put the DLC into perspective. Like making multiplayer DLC, isn't going to fly here if you want CoD numbers. Capcom doesn't have the same rep they used to 4 years ago as well. I honestly just can't see them making those numbers, unless it's honestly the best thing since sliced bread.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1343 on: May 13, 2012, 04:45:26 AM »
And for all we know, it could be.  We'll have some clue when Dogma drops I guess.

But maybe Capcom was taking into account the moved Release Date in their projections.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1344 on: May 13, 2012, 07:11:32 AM »
But didn't they announce that RE6 was a winter release? That sounds like that'll get in the way of their master plan to take the Call of Duty crowd.

If they do go the way of Sega. Me and all of the Capcom detractors will laugh and then we'll have drinks with Keiji Inafune and Hideki Kamiya afterwards.
yeah they aren't gonna "take" the COD crowd anytime soon as will nobody else will kinda like how no mmo can still not take WoW's 10 some odd million players

anyway went to see the avengers shit was cash

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1345 on: May 13, 2012, 07:16:45 AM »
^^ That doesn't stop dumb companies like Capcom and EA from trying their damndest.

And for all we know, it could be.  We'll have some clue when Dogma drops I guess.

But maybe Capcom was taking into account the moved Release Date in their projections.

Well yeah, ever since the double threat of AssCreed and Call of Duty. It's never been a good idea to roll into the holidays. That's why a lot of stuff has been releasing in October or January. Only other big release to survive through that has been Skyrim, pushing over 10 mil on the same weekend. But then again it's Elder Scrolls and that shit prints money regardless of how bland that series is.

Also, after getting through the prologue hump in Tales of Graces, the game really pays off. Holy hell, the combat system is probably the best in the series so far! You can do some pretty crazy shit. My bro and I blew through 3 enemies in one combo on hard mode! @_@

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1346 on: May 13, 2012, 07:21:09 AM »
^^ That doesn't stop dumb companies like Capcom and EA from trying their damndest.

Well yeah, ever since the double threat of AssCreed and Call of Duty. It's never been a good idea to roll into the holidays. That's why a lot of stuff has been releasing in October or January. Only other big release to survive through that has been Skyrim, pushing over 10 mil on the same weekend. But then again it's Elder Scrolls and that shit prints money regardless of how bland that series is.

Also, after getting through the prologue hump in Tales of Graces, the game really pays off. Holy hell, the combat system is probably the best in the series so far! You can do some pretty crazy shit. My bro and I blew through 3 enemies in one combo on hard mode! @_@
yeah of course they will then they both will complain when they end up in the hole again look at what ea has done with SWTOR  now the game is practically bleeding out

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1347 on: May 13, 2012, 07:35:03 AM »
Really? I had no idea SWTOR was doing bad. Guess they'll have to do it F2P.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1348 on: May 13, 2012, 08:17:28 AM »
Really? I had no idea SWTOR was doing bad. Guess they'll have to do it F2P.
ea wont even let war hammer online go f2p that game only has like 4 servers left
theres no well in hell ea way let swtor go f2p
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 08:20:24 AM by Xxenace »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1349 on: May 13, 2012, 08:29:46 AM »
They're dumb. People are starting to wise up from subs now. Even WoW has a hybrid system. Nobody's going to be doing the money WoW did for all those years.

I don't mind having idiots paying for everyone else.