Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354190 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Rule 34 Edition
« Reply #1350 on: May 13, 2012, 08:32:12 AM »
They're dumb. People are starting to wise up from subs now. Even WoW has a hybrid system. Nobody's going to be doing the money WoW did for all those years.

I don't mind having idiots paying for everyone else.
you talking bout wow's free to lvl 20 thing? tbh thats more or less a glorified demo and you can pretty much get to lvl 20 in 3hrs

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: May 13, 2012, 08:36:20 AM »
Yeah, I know, but it's better than nothing and it's WoW, so people are idiots and still sub anyways.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: May 13, 2012, 08:47:10 AM »
Yeah, I know, but it's better than nothing and it's WoW, so people are idiots and still sub anyways.
well ive played wow off and on for about 4 years so im not gonna say it's bad or people who play it are stupid

i do believe you can generally learn a lot about the mmo genre from playing WoW (it's really is kinda overwhelming at first) and it's probably one of the best one on the market for getting into since they have made a lot of changes over the 8 years it's been out, that being said the game is starting to show age and has some really heavy competition out/coming out

also i know you have a great disdain for blizz so pardon me if i happen to roll my eyes at your "i hate blizz they suck ass comments"

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: May 13, 2012, 09:05:13 AM »
I don't "hate" Blizz per se. I'm just tired of them wasn't so much time on mediocre projects now. I generally used to like their stuff before they needed a decade before every title.

EDIT: I also don't hate WoW. I just could honestly care less of MMOs in general.
« Last Edit: May 13, 2012, 09:08:37 AM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: May 15, 2012, 03:54:04 AM »
Well Capcom just outright admitted that there's on-disc DLC for Dragon's Dogma.  Wonder how that one will go over.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1355 on: May 15, 2012, 04:40:20 AM »
Well Capcom just outright admitted that there's on-disc DLC for Dragon's Dogma.  Wonder how that one will go over.
like it usually does people will be mad but get over in 2-3 weeks cause they know this is nothing new for capcom

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: May 15, 2012, 04:44:01 AM »
Well if anything, now we'll find out if honesty really does anything.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1357 on: May 15, 2012, 05:09:46 AM »
Well if anything, now we'll find out if honesty really does anything.
i dont think so unless you like being told that we are gonna purposely screw you over just because we can and we thought it be nice to let you know ahead of time

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: May 15, 2012, 05:15:07 AM »
I saw an article (in an Spanish place, a nice reliable place i think) saying Capcom strategy will be making and releasing sequels faster one after another, AND making more DLC. No surprises there.

Sadly couldn't find the same news in an English or known place, not that i tried that hard to find it.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1359 on: May 15, 2012, 05:29:27 AM »
I'd like to see that source.

But the making DLC thing is no surprise as EVERY company now banks on making money through DLC.  Like every other technological advancement, at first it's seen as a light of good, then people realize how to abuse it for money.  DLC is just the latest line of that.

As for the sequel thing...exactly what would they be releasing?  It generally takes them some time to release new RE things, and it will be probably over a year after RE6 until we see something else on that front since they burned their entire RE load for this year.  SF5 probably isn't until the next gen consoles, and I doubt they'll go through the Marvel Licensing deal really fast just to get something new out before the next gen systems.  That leaves what...Lost Planet?

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: May 15, 2012, 06:08:49 AM »
Here:

http://www.vandal.net/noticia/67989/capcom-hara-secuelas-mas-rapidamente-y-aumentara-su-apuesta-por-el-contenido-descargable/

Like i said, it's an Spanish site, right now i don't have time to translate, but maybe tomorrow i will if someone doesn't do it first or if someone wants to see it translated.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: May 15, 2012, 06:21:06 AM »
so whats every bodies opinion on the new dmc? me im not to interested generally because ninja theory hasn't made anything i really want to play yet of course im not ruling out trying it

side note: the music for guild wars 2 is fuckin great

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: May 15, 2012, 06:51:11 AM »
Let's see, a producer arrogant enough to put his face as the new face of what was a beloved character, and then goes out of his way to shit on people who says that's moronic.  Then they go on to completely change the back story...and then back out by saying it's an alternate universe.  They try to make a better story, but seemingly are sacrificing gameplay for it, but the story seems to make no freaking sense either.

In the end?  Ninja Theory can fuck off.  It's one thing to go in a new direction and say they want (or were at least told) to do something new.  It's another thing to completely insult the intelligence of DMC fans by saying it will be much better than the older games and anyone who says different are morons.  Even Capcom isn't that blatantly disrespectful...usually.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1363 on: May 15, 2012, 08:51:34 AM »
As for on-disc DLC, it really depends. I don't have a problem with the way, say, Gears of War 3 did it, where it's all optional fluff. (It's only a few extra skins on weapons and playable MP characters) On the other hand, locking up entire sections of the campaign, locking multiplayer support, and playable characters for campaign hurt hard. It's not too much of an issue for me at the moment since my brother is gifting it to me anyway. I just hope that it's nothing substantial.

As for DmC. Yeah, fuck that game. I'll ditto the comments Satsu said. Antionads is a fucking pretentious fop that needs to go away. I don't like the new look for Dante. They made a re-imagining of the universe that no one asked for. They dumbed down the gameplay for the game. The score system is done using music instead of a meter. And I hate how the story makes Dante now an anti-establishment hipster that doesn't fit in with a world that constantly attacks him. (literally) None of this has anything to do with DMC at all. DMC is simply supposed to be a flashy and fun hack n' slash with great mechanics, wacky characters and a great combo system.

It also still makes me wonder why Capcom is so obsessed with snatching shitty western devs and having them make games for them.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: May 15, 2012, 11:04:55 AM »
New Dante is better than old Dante (we need some troll face icons/smilies in this forum).

Makes me think if they are going to make emo versions of DMC1-DMC4 characters or just make original characters please don't steal.

To give some credit to Ninja Theory, they made Heavenly Sword, a so-so game which for some reason i still want a sequel.
Also Enslaved, which was meh, but just like HS i enjoyed both.

PS.- Heavenly Sword 2 was in development, but got canceled  :(