Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354320 times)

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Rule 34 Edition
« Reply #1440 on: May 18, 2012, 04:36:38 AM »
Oh shit son, just downloaded the 1080p Bluray version of Redline, from the first 10 minutes i'm hooked and it even looks awesome on my crap SD monitor, gotta watch later on a HD and better display.

Just watch the trailer:

That looks pretty sick. Is it made by Gonzo?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1441 on: May 18, 2012, 06:31:00 AM »

New show, Tron:Uprising, taking place between the Original Tron movie and Tron:Legacy.  At first I was uneasy, I tend to not be a fan of prequel series, and the animation and visuals looked really...off.  However, within about...10-15 minutes, the visuals grew on me.  This series has potential.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1442 on: May 18, 2012, 08:26:06 AM »
Oh shit son, just downloaded the 1080p Bluray version of Redline, from the first 10 minutes i'm hooked and it even looks awesome on my crap SD monitor, gotta watch later on a HD and better display.

Just watch the trailer:

That looks pretty sick. Is it made by Gonzo?

Nop, Madhouse.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1443 on: May 19, 2012, 01:00:44 AM »
Played a bit of Sonic 4 episode 2. It's average. Not bad but not great either. Maybe I'm just old and nothing can capture the magic of the old games. I quit when I was forced to play yet ANOTHER underwater stage and up until that point it was extremely easy, but then you have to use the fly mechanic with Tails and use this very unprecise mechanic to navigate through spikes underwater. AND if Tails touches the spike, you both take damage, and there's no air.

That's when I said fuck it. I'm sick of Dimps Sonic with cheap instant kill scenarios designed around dumb mechanics.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1444 on: May 19, 2012, 01:04:58 AM »
I could've told you S4 Ep 2 would be meh considering they haven't produced the old formula at all ever.

Either you get boost to win Modern Formula, or a half-assed attempt at the Classic Formula.  Does either sound appealing to you?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1445 on: May 19, 2012, 02:04:22 AM »
Well, I'm not a huge Sonic fan so I went into it blind.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1446 on: May 19, 2012, 03:07:31 AM »
That's odd considering most of the advertisement for Ep 2 referenced how awful Ep 1 was.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1447 on: May 19, 2012, 04:25:59 AM »
Played a bit of Sonic 4 episode 2. It's average. Not bad but not great either.

I hate the Sonic franchise in general. Any franchise where every game is hyped by the fans as the one to "save the franchise" is already trash.

But I figured the game would be average. At least Dimps isn't responsible for the craptastic 3D games.

Anyways, I'm so sick of work. I'm sick of our retarded management that can't do their job worth a damn, so much so that somehow my co-workers are trying to save the one's job in fear of having a potentially worse manager. And our deli manager manage to finally help us out for a change only to leave me in charge of everything with 2 hours still left in his shift. So, that leaves with me a fresh new employee that's old and slow because she's recovering from a stroke and a guy from Seafood that shouldn't be helping us in the first place. Add to cut hours, stretching everyone thin, having both Seafood and Meat room do double or triple duty, not doing anything about lazy workers and bothering us over inane minutae. It really makes me wonder how this place has lasted for so long with such incompetence. This is fucking bullshit. No wonder America's going down the shitter.

I can't wait for Sunday. I need some respite.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1448 on: May 19, 2012, 08:00:06 PM »
Holy...hell...Young Justice today...

Without saying much else, these 5 years have been great for Conner, he's very intelligent now it seems.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1449 on: May 19, 2012, 08:18:52 PM »
Checking out Arma 2 and the Day Z mod:

« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 10:29:44 PM by LouisCipher »

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1450 on: May 20, 2012, 04:25:22 AM »
So apparently my brother is dead set on having me watch the entire first season of Avatar. Oh boy. It's alright so far, quickly noticed some of the styles there, like Kempo, Aikido, Xiaolin and Tai Chi. Can't quite shake away the feeling it was inspired heavily by the Golden Sun games. There's a lot of parallels.

I'm also playing Professor Layton and I'm trying to see exactly why it's so popular? I love the art style and characters, but the gameplay is pretty bleh. The seemingly innocuous puzzles kill it for me. It seems everyone and their mother has a pointless puzzle for you that easily could've come from a brain bender book from Barnes and Noble. I hope the rest of the series isn't filled with such seemingly random puzzlers. Guess I must have spent too much time with Phoenix and Catherine.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1451 on: May 20, 2012, 05:09:16 AM »
First season of Avatar is hit or miss.  Doesn't help that it has the undisputed worst episode of the series (The Great Divide, though honestly if that's your worst episode, you're in solid shape).  Gets better towards the end though, and Season 2 is pretty top notch.  Season 3 is also a bit hit or miss, depending on how you feel about the importance of some of the supposed filler in it.  But the animation of each season upgrades a ton as it goes, to the point that it's hard to even recognize the series almost at the end, and especially at The Legend of Korra.

Never played Professor Layton...never was a fan of puzzles short of the logic puzzles I used to get at school.

Also, another YJ note...hurray for Wally keeping Artemis on lock for 5 years.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1452 on: May 20, 2012, 05:21:29 AM »
Never played Professor Layton...never was a fan of puzzles short of the logic puzzles I used to get at school.

They're all logic puzzles. It's just that they don't fit at all with the context of the situations at hand for the most part. It almost feels like the Professor is the King of random puzzle solving. I might not be able to get through it if that's the case. Oh well, guess I'm a lot less interested in PL vs. PW now.

Also, after catching up with Blue Beetle some more, I hope they go into his backstory. He's such a good character.

And I got my case from Gamefly for BBS. :)
« Last Edit: May 20, 2012, 05:25:04 AM by Proto Cloud »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1453 on: May 20, 2012, 05:39:55 AM »
I wasn't that interested in the first place.  I'm MORE interested in AA5.

Blue Beetle is pretty boss, and honestly I do expect them to do so, since they're already subtly building it up.  Plus considering how far they're going with Roy's story, I do not doubt Weisman going in depth with ANYTHING.

And...why didn't you have the case in the first place?

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1454 on: May 20, 2012, 05:40:56 AM »
Rocket. :(