Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 354191 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: Off Topic thread:Rule 34 Edition
« Reply #1470 on: May 21, 2012, 06:55:10 PM »
well joystiq gave dragons dogma a 2 and ive heard that ign gave it a 7.5

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1471 on: May 21, 2012, 07:01:28 PM »
Yeah...but you know how IGN is...so ignore that review and check...almost everywhere else.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1472 on: May 21, 2012, 07:05:33 PM »
to be completely honest i dont really care either way most of the interest i had for the game kinda went away since it doesn't have any kind of multiplayer and im getting ghost recon FS tomorrow anyway

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1473 on: May 21, 2012, 07:55:44 PM »
^^ Honestly. Joystiq has also been known for making terrible calls on reviews. He once railed on a game because he didn't understand how the map and quest mechanics of the game worked, so he gave up and completely dismissed the game. As for IGN, their Godhand review speaks for itself. Dude, didn't even bother playing the game past the first level. Which ironically, they put on their top 100 PS2 games list. @_@

So yeah, fuck major review sites if they'll keep handing out free perfects to shit like D3 and Skyrim. It's also gonna inevitably get compared to Skyrim, no matter what. Only reason DD isn't getting its dick rubbed is that it isn't an established franchise/studio, so they don't give a fuck if there's potential blowback from fans.

In the end, I'll make up my own damn mind on whether it's good or not.

Dude...Final Fantasy Fans.  Must I really go on?

You got a point. It reminds me why I stopped being a fanboy 8 years ago.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1474 on: May 21, 2012, 08:07:52 PM »

More Anarchy Reigns.  More chaotic fun.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1475 on: May 21, 2012, 09:42:42 PM »
I seen that. I wonder how the metagame changes between 1on1 and teams? It seems a little too chaotic where there's too big a match.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1476 on: May 21, 2012, 09:46:55 PM »
I seen that. I wonder how the metagame changes between 1on1 and teams? It seems a little too chaotic where there's too big a match.

...It's called Anarchy Reigns, Chaos is kind of the point.  And that was just a 16 man free for all...I think.  Though there are plenty of modes where you can slim down the number of players in case it does get too hectic for you.

Also, it seems that we have the schedule for Toonami.

Bleach
Deadman Wonderland
Casshern Sins
FMA: Brotherhood
Ghost in the Shell
Cowboy Bebop

Honestly, in terms of returning shows...that's about what I expected.  Deadman Wonderland is a shocker though.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1477 on: May 22, 2012, 12:54:19 AM »
Never heard of that show. Bleach and FMA are tolerable, but I could care less. Guess I'll stick to GitS, Casshern (which is nice, because I was planning to see it recently anyway) and Cowboy Bebop then. And my suspicions were right, they're doing a rerun at 3am. Guess now all that's left is to see what Funi will provide after (seeing how Casshern Sins is incredibly short anyway.)

So, I got around to watching the last YJ and I'm happy to see that they are in fact following through with Blue Beetle's story from what they've teased. Guess they'll delve into the Kord family issue, which makes me happy. But I didn't quite expect seeing Red Arrow fucked up and much less into ghetto-ass family.

As for Anarchy Reigns, that's what worries me. The whole chaotic thing could kill the multiplayer for me. Playing a lot of games that involve melee combat has always caused issues. I could only imagine it's like what face stabbing is in TF2, but worse. (Demon's/Dark Souls had issues with this too) Last thing I want is a surprise sex move that seemingly looks out of range, only to have my character magically appear in their arms and into death's cold grasp. Then you add 15 more people. I'll give it a chance, but I think I'll stick with the campaign.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1478 on: May 22, 2012, 12:58:45 AM »
In that case, then Anarchy Reigns is only a rent for you since the game looks like it's relying on multiplayer.  Though like I said, there are plenty of modes that drastically dwindle the people (Cage Match is just 1 on 1 for example).

As for Red Arrow, they're following his comic shit too.  The only thing they didn't mention were the drugs, but they pretty much hinted at it, especially with Black Canary coming at him with the Body as a Temple line.  Let's just hope they don't go ALL the way with the comic storyline for Roy...that shit would barely pass for primetime, let alone SatAM cartoons (though, again, Artemis showing up wearing only a shirt already shows Weisman knows how to Get Crap Past the Radar).

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1479 on: May 22, 2012, 01:10:18 AM »
Eh. That's not as bad as I've seen in other shows and it's been done plenty of times. I've seen panty shots get past censors so that's not too bad, it's the implication of things to come that makes it seem worse. But he did get hooked up very damn well. (sammiches, anyone?) Surprised they didn't mention what he's doing though. No mention if he's taking over Flash or anything of the sort.

As for Red, I dunno, like I said, I'm not a DC buff. Don't know what goes on from there, but you can always hint at things. They were good at doing that in the Batman: TAS. That also dealt with drugs, slavery, mafia, betrayal, etc. So that isn't new ground to tread. Now DC sluts is a whole different story.

Like I said though for AR. It all depends on how the mechanics work for multiplayer, the netcode and if I can find a match type that works for me. Which may end up being either 2v2s or 3v3s. I honestly can't tell from gameplay, because there's too much going on.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1480 on: May 22, 2012, 01:21:02 AM »
No, I don't think it's bad at all, it's the whole, your censors have to go up even more for SatAM.  The Artemis thing any other time would just be meh.  And he, and Artemis, are just going to college, retired from heroing at the moment (they're in Palo Alto, so I guess they're going to Stanford).

As for the Roy thing, the only reason I'm surprised they're going so far with it is the endgame of what happens.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1481 on: May 22, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »
fuckin shit i finally got my beta code for counter strike: go i signed up for that shit like 4 months ago

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1482 on: May 22, 2012, 01:50:22 AM »
Get over it bitch.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1483 on: May 22, 2012, 04:59:44 AM »
Son, go watch Deadman Wonderland now.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1484 on: May 22, 2012, 05:06:19 AM »
Son, go watch Deadman Wonderland now.

No, got to save it for Toonami.  Everyone needs to watch.

Seriously, they said they didn't get a ton of money for it, so they really need the viewers.  Keep in mind, considering how it was revived, if it gets canceled this time, there will be no more revivals.