Author Topic: Off Topic thread:Gen 8 Edition  (Read 350971 times)

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
Re: Off Topic thread:Dreamcancel more like Deadcancel Edition
« Reply #1740 on: August 29, 2012, 01:52:06 AM »
Shin Megami Tensei IV Trailer

Hypest shit ever. Everyone buy a 3DS now. Your system has been chosen for you.

I can't get hype when they didn't even show any gameplay.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: August 29, 2012, 05:19:04 AM »
No.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1742 on: August 29, 2012, 05:58:55 AM »
Don't get hype over trailers that don't show you shit.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: August 29, 2012, 04:35:50 PM »
Don't get hype over trailers that don't show you shit.

You don't know Megaten all that well if you didn't get hype for that. It's the little things that make all the difference and I caught at least 5 major aspects from that.

1. It's going to be a 3rd person perspective like Nocturne.
2. First time that the main series will have voiceovers and good ones for that matter.
3. Female protagonist?
4. Using remixes of classic tracks.
5. Kaneko reprises his work as the main artist.

But what do you know? You're the one that was excited for that overhyped piece of shit known as Diablo III. How'd that one go?
http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398870250]
[url]http://us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/6398870250
[/url]

Gotta love when people make excuses for their shitty games.

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1745 on: August 30, 2012, 01:28:12 AM »
I admit I was wrong about Diablo 3. The beta left a good impression on me initially... but then the game comes out, I hear all the problems the game has. I ended up passing on it after a friend of mine sold his account for $200 within 2 weeks of it's release.

But still, there is a huge difference in getting hype over a game you know what it's gonna be or one you got to play, over an anime trailer that tells you nothing with no gameplay shown. I admit, I don't know anything about Shin Megami Tensei, I played Persona 3 once years ago, watched a friend of mine stream part of Persona 4 and I played Persona 4:Arena. That's where my experiences with the series ends.

Honestly, that trailer isn't doing anything for me since I know nothing about the series, shouldn't they be trying to do something to get non-fans or people new to the series into it? Just showing some anime garbage is stupid, and they have NOTHING to show for it. Makes me think of Final Fantasy XIII Versus, lol what a joke that shit is.

Anyways, I still have VF5FS to keep me entertained, and that game was well worth the year of hype I had since last summer. I got TTT2 and DOA5 to play next month and those will prolly be the last games of 2012 I buy. All I bought this year was SCV and VF5FS.

« Last Edit: August 30, 2012, 01:30:54 AM by Running Wild »

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: September 14, 2012, 06:16:13 AM »
http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/13/bayonetta-2-is-a-wii-u-exclusive/

Amazing, isn't it?

Hopefully unlike the rest of the net, those who do want to talk about this won't be so crazy and can tactfully discuss this one.

My opinion so far, as it usually is, is go where the games are. I understand the complaints about a new system to buy just for the game (did so myself with MGS4 on PS3, loved that) due to money, or wondering why it wasn't on a current-gen system period. As things stand now, I'm just glad Nintendo could help fund it, as Sega probably couldn't at the time. It exists, and I'll be able to get it when I'm able. The only bad thing is the wait to get the game, but I've experienced worse waiting, like for any kind of announcement of B2 in production.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1747 on: September 14, 2012, 06:19:28 AM »
They'll just do a Bayonetta 2 Sigma down the road, simmer down.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: September 14, 2012, 06:34:34 AM »
They'll just do a Bayonetta 2 Sigma down the road, simmer down.

Maybe. I'd rather have it that way too, but I'd expect the turn-around time to be longer than the time between OG NG on Xbox and Sigma.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: September 15, 2012, 12:21:06 AM »
Bayonetta 2 will be a Wii U exclusive? Not if $ony and Micro$oft have something to say about it!

Anyone remember House of the Dead: Overkill? No? Well, I can hardly blame you... but for those of you who do remember it, do you remember how it didn't stay a Wii exclusive for long and that the PS3 version had more content in it?

Same thing with Goldeneye 007, except this time around, Microsoft got in on taking away an exclusive from the Wii.

I'm pretty sure these aren't the only incidents of Sony and Microsoft taking away an exclusive from a Nintendo console, and I'm positive that it's not gonna stop here.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: September 15, 2012, 01:29:49 AM »
Bayonetta 2 will be a Wii U exclusive? Not if $ony and Micro$oft have something to say about it!

Problem with that is, with Sega's money troubles, and committing itself to publishing only 4 surefire moneymakers (Sonic, Total War, Football Manager, and Aliens CM), the rest was digital releases. This left B2 in a space of cancelled limbo since it only made around 1 mil sales total, despite it being a cult classic.

Nintendo offered to foot the bill to finish it, and is now a publisher for it. I've never seen a game that Nintendo put money up for like that end up on a competing system, nor would I expect it. Like a lot of people are saying other places, it seems less like moneyhatting, and much more like SAVING Bayonetta. Nintendo or nothing.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: September 15, 2012, 02:59:45 AM »
Yeah if Nintendo's the publisher there is no chance they will port it out. There is a chance that Sega or whoever could regain the rights and then port it out though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

marchefelix

• Legendary Wolf
  • X A N A D U
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: September 15, 2012, 07:19:08 AM »
See, I didn't know that...

I guess Bayonetta 2 is gonna stay a Wii U exclusive and the Microsoft and Sony fanboys (mostly the Sony ones) are gonna rage for eternity.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: September 15, 2012, 07:27:20 AM »
I'm a Sega fanboy, and I own nearly all the Sega AND Nintendo consoles. The multi-platforming of this gen is nice, but still limited to PS360 stuff versus Nintendo stuff. All systems had great games. Fanboys who limit themselves, especially those who can afford to buy multiple systems lately, are missing out on some great games. I prefer exclusivity a lot though, especially if it means games take FULL advantage of whatever a system offers.
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: September 15, 2012, 06:11:58 PM »
The annoying thing is Sega wasn't interested about publishing the game, so Platinum had to go to Nintendo and the deal was made.
I know Sega is having some money problems, but c'mon.