Author Topic: Wibiya Toolbar Chat Room  (Read 4726 times)

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
Wibiya Toolbar Chat Room
« on: November 17, 2011, 09:43:34 PM »
* On the bottom of your browser (if you don't see it, maybe its adblocked), you will see a dark grey toolbar.

* On the far left you will see "Join Chat". When you click it, you will see the chat box open up that says "To start chatting please connect through one of the networks below". It will give you the options to log in to myspace, facebook, twitter or yahoo. If you use any of those networks, you can join the room. (For me personally, I made a brand new twitter account specifically for the chat room. You can sign up here: https://twitter.com/). If you sign into any of your networks before visiting dreamcancel, you may be auto-logged into the chat, if not prompted to.

* Clicking the green speaker button above the message field disables the message notification sound. On the right screen that shows the list, you can set yourself as busy or away. If you minimize the chat window (while you're browsing the site and forums it will show you as available with a orange sphere next your name that is currently active.

* Clicking a users name will ask to invite them to private chat or public chat (if they aren't active).

* Opening two browsers or tabs while you are logged in of the dreamcancel homepage and forums (like for example, reading your pm's, and reading a thread) will make your activity jump from active to available, so make sure to keep only one browser (or tab) with the site open while chatting.

* If you are chatting and you don't see your message pop up, and/or you see a popup that says "connection timed out", check your internet connection and/or just refresh the page and re-join the chat.

* There are moderators (like yours truly) that can delete your message and ban you. So be good. Follow the forum rules (http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=3.msg3#msg3) and have fun.  ;)
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

affinity

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Wibiya Toolbar Chat Room
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, 07:34:58 PM »
on the far left right now, it says translate.  But sometimes it says Chat.  How do you influenced whether the toolbar shows Translate or Chat displayed to click on?  :)

But you know what's interesting, while I'm typing this, I see Chat on the bottom left and now Translate next to it instead of overlapping it.  Is that normal?

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, 07:39:42 PM »
I think something is up with your browser, or you have it minimalized or something. I've never heard of that problem before.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2011, 03:51:51 PM »
It's actually happened to me before once or twice, but usually a refresh fixes the problem. I also use the latest version of Firefox if that helps at all.

I think something is up with your browser, or you have it minimalized or something. I've never heard of that problem before.

CharREX

• New Challenger
  • Internet Troll
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2011, 10:35:08 AM »
I don't understand how this chatroom works? I tried with Twitter but then a window pops up "Connecting to Twitter" and closes immediately.

EDIT: I tried it with Twitter as well, it works.  What browser are you using?

I am using Firefox. Internet Explorer is even worst, the "Join chat" window doesn't even pop up at all.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:33:07 PM by CharREX »
Undefeated online KOF player.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 24, 2011, 10:38:44 AM »
Try with Yahoo.  EDIT: I tried it with Twitter as well, it works.  What browser are you using?  I'm using Chrome
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 10:42:41 AM by Kane317 »