Author Topic: Kyo Kusanagi (NESTS) (Pre-release theory fighter)  (Read 18743 times)

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Kyo Kusanagi (NESTS)
« Reply #15 on: November 24, 2011, 12:15:10 AM »
why on earth is he allowed to get rekkas of light attacks now.

i dunno if it wasnt for the fact the chracter comes with the stage i dont think id bother, bit gutted hes just 98 kyo
Can he still do a standing hp in the corner after his kick on the last hit of his qcf a foward a foward b

i don't understand how being able to hit rekkas off of a light attack is bad.

he can't cancel off of  ;df ;d anymore so he needs some way to hit confirm them.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 04:29:18 AM by darkTown2 »
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 24, 2011, 02:04:39 AM »

i dunno if it wasnt for the fact the chracter comes with the stage i dont think id bother, bit gutted hes just 98 kyo
Can he still do a standing hp in the corner after his kick on the last hit of his qcf a foward a foward b

Have you played XIII? Pretty much the entire cast has some way to hitconfirm lights into a special attack.  If Kyo cannot special cancel his df+D, then he'll have crap but lights into DP for low hit combos.  Which is why I'm happy he can combo into rekkas from lights.  XIII Kyo can do the same thing into HCB+K.  Iori can do the same and his crB has better range than Kyo's.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 24, 2011, 04:21:21 AM »
When you say "does not hit", do you mean it's blockable while crouching or actually cannot reach them (due to the hitbox expiring too soon)?

he means it doesn't hit because of the kicks hit box

I remember from previous KOFs that R.E.D. kick didn't always hit crouching opponents, but one of the versions did (think it was strong). I'm surprised to hear that it's an overhead now - is this true?? That's crazy strong if that's the case.

Rekkas off of lights is OK. They did make it easier this time around I see (wonder if he can still cancel off of the first hit of df.D). I used to use c.B link into s.C to combo rekkas off of lights - guess he doesn't need it anymore, but I'll be interested to see if this is still possible.

Daaahaaamn!! Kyo is back and from my perspective, his moveset is perfect.
In my opinion, rekka Kyo is the real deal and fb Kyo the EX (as has been the case for a long while till XII)

Cannot wait to use!!!

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 24, 2011, 04:28:56 AM »
When you say "does not hit", do you mean it's blockable while crouching or actually cannot reach them (due to the hitbox expiring too soon)?

he means it doesn't hit because of the kicks hit box

I remember from previous KOFs that R.E.D. kick didn't always hit crouching opponents, but one of the versions did (think it was strong). I'm surprised to hear that it's an overhead now - is this true?? That's crazy strong if that's the case.

Rekkas off of lights is OK. They did make it easier this time around I see (wonder if he can still cancel off of the first hit of df.D). I used to use c.B link into s.C to combo rekkas off of lights - guess he doesn't need it anymore, but I'll be interested to see if this is still possible.

Daaahaaamn!! Kyo is back and from my perspective, his moveset is perfect.
In my opinion, rekka Kyo is the real deal and fb Kyo the EX (as has been the case for a long while till XII)

Cannot wait to use!!!

if you look on the vid of NESTS Kyo's neomax there is a list of differences between the two.

it is said it is an overhead in the changes.
 ;df ;d does not work as i mentioned in an earlier post unless you are in HD mode

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 24, 2011, 05:38:51 AM »
Gotcha, thanks for clarifying.

Either way, I'm almost guaranteed to have a good time with the chr.

And EX Kyo is almost guaranteed a spot in my main team XD

SolidSonicTH

• New Challenger
  • I actually like K' more.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2011, 08:44:38 PM »

This doesn't seem that unusual to me. A common starter in past KoFs is  ;dn ;b-> ;dn ;a->Aragami.

The rules are a bit different with the new engine and all but it's not like its setting a precedent either. Besides, it needs a leadin anyway. The move isn't a great standalone attack, it's best when comboed into and light attacks are always consistent starters for any real combo.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2011, 08:48:00 PM by SolidSonicTH »

Aenthin

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
    • Fuck Yeah! Ash Crimson
« Reply #21 on: November 25, 2011, 05:33:10 AM »
Oh here's another question I wanted to ask: Does Aragami and Dokugami have autoguard? Aragami in particular was nasty in some versions.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 25, 2011, 04:21:51 PM »
Oh here's another question I wanted to ask: Does Aragami and Dokugami have autoguard? Aragami in particular was nasty in some versions.

i don't think anyone knows unless they went to an event, it didn't say in the differences between him and kyo and i don't think many have played as NESTS kyo.

klyz806

• New Challenger
  • mature > flame iori > saiki .
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2011, 06:51:43 AM »
they got rid of his 2002 UM versions iron trigger (  ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk  ;b or  ;d) i used to use the  ;b version alot in my juggles   :( 
if at first you dont succeed .... spend another hour in training mode.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2011, 05:47:59 PM »
yeah the loss of hikigane sucks... but they probably chose the running grab over it for a reason.

btw welcome to DC

klyz806

• New Challenger
  • mature > flame iori > saiki .
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2011, 07:16:01 PM »
if at first you dont succeed .... spend another hour in training mode.

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2011, 04:42:24 PM »
Isn't this Kyo's ;df ;d not cancellable unlike ShotoKyo?? Making him a bit hassle to combo without HD??

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2011, 04:46:28 PM »
No worries, he can combo rekkas off of weaks.

powerfercs

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2011, 01:45:07 PM »
Then about his EX hcb+K not being a command throw. I plan on maining him alternately with 95 Kyo so I'm quite worried that his EX hcb+k doesn't have that oomph as Vanilla Kyo.

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 06, 2011, 06:28:52 PM »
is any release date confirmed?

I cant wait to play with him!!!!