Author Topic: Level|Up&SoCal KOF XIII launch party at Super Arcade Saturday 26th at 5pm PST  (Read 5582 times)

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
What’s a better way to recovery from your tryptophan induced coma from Thanksgivings than to kick back and watch some KOFXIII stream this Saturday the 26th at 5pm? (There isn’t.)

Level|Up and the SoCal guys from Dream Cancel are putting on another show by popular demand but this time is to usher in the behemoth of a fighting game that is, KOFXIII. Choose your poison whether it be some casual matches, or some tutorial sessions from the experienced players such as Reynald, Mr. KOF or Metaphysics, but most of all–it’s open to everyone this time. So if you’re in the surrounding 100miles get yourself down to SuperDojo (SuperArcade) in Walnut and bring that one friend who says, “I’m going to wait to console is released” and get your KOFXIII game on!

UPDATE: Sorry I should have mentioned this earlier guys, we gotta take care of Super Arcade so it's probably going to be $5 to play all night.

UPDATE2: Consoles and monitors will be provided by you have to bring your own sticks/controllers.

UPDATE3: Consoles will be PS3s.

Super Arcade/Dojo
1211 North Grand Avenue
Walnut, CA 91789-1343
(909) 594-5954
« Last Edit: November 25, 2011, 10:00:56 PM by Kane317 »

GuamoKun

• Rising Dragon
  • I MISSES YOU.
    • View Profile
Figured this be the best place to post, but is anyone from the SFV or can tell me of any player in the SFV? I want to go and need a ride. I'll chip in for gas.

PM me to prevent this from clogging up this thread.

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Hit up Giby, he's up in Lancaster.

---

UPDATE: Sorry I should have mentioned this earlier guys, we gotta take care of Super Arcade so it's probably going to be $5 to play all night, I'll update the first post.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2011, 01:57:28 AM by Kane317 »

ESB Cancel

• New Challenger
  • Blue Pineapple
    • View Profile
Sorry to ask Kane, but what console will be used PS3 or 360? Since I only have a PS3 stick.
PSN: ESB007

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Sorry to ask Kane, but what console will be used PS3 or 360? Since I only have a PS3 stick.

PS3

haven9270

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Will there be food?

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Sorry no food haven9270.

---
Hey all!  Thank you for making it out there for our event last night, considering we were against Thanksgiving weekend we actually pulled in some respectable numbers.  Met a lot of new faces and of course it's always good seeing the old ones.  Shoutouts to the Atlus folks that made it out there, I think at least five of them made it out there including Yu Namba himself. Congrats to Bala again for winning our single elimination tournament!

We had tons of fun and Mike Watson told me personally that we could probably do it once a month if there's enough interest in it.

FataCon

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Nice job on the stream, guys. I had to catch the archive of it, unfortunately. Who were the commentators, btw? Was disappointing how much incorrect information was being said. I mean, I understand if they don't know the game that well, but better to err on the side of caution than say things that you are either unsure of or just flat out don't know. Other than that, I hope to see more of these events in the future!

EDIT: Realized the commentary was only for the first portion of the archive.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2011, 01:00:18 AM by FataCon »

metaphysics

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Nice job on the stream, guys. I had to catch the archive of it, unfortunately. Who were the commentators, btw? Was disappointing how much incorrect information was being said. I mean, I understand if they don't know the game that well, but better to err on the side of caution than say things that you are either unsure of or just flat out don't know. Other than that, I hope to see more of these events in the future!

no comment lol
" you fight well in the old style"

CrackPr0n

• New Challenger
    • View Profile

Curious... what misinformation was being said? Seeing that most of this is based on the opinions of a game that has been out for a week concerning tiers, and none of the information about play types and character uses were really incorrect.

BioBooster

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
We had tons of fun and Mike Watson told me personally that we could probably do it once a month if there's enough interest in it.

Once a month would be sweet. It would big to have a regular KOF streaming event.

Re: show interest - Heheh, howz about another go next month and find out how many viewers we can pull into the stream?