Author Topic: Net code good or bad ?  (Read 4944 times)

acidrock

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Net code good or bad ?
« on: November 22, 2011, 05:15:42 AM »
Xbox360 or  PS3 what  good choice to playonline?

Gimnbo

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
Re: Net code good or bad ?
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2011, 05:51:34 AM »
We'll let you know tomorrow.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2011, 08:19:21 AM »
Yes yes pls thx!!

steamwolf

• Scion of Flame
  • Southtown Underdog
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 22, 2011, 11:49:59 AM »
Either console is a good choice. The netcode used in KoF XIII will have no bearing on the system itself. That being said, everyone is unsure on how the netcode is going to hold up until we all get the game later today.

Rhythmaxed

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2011, 08:19:03 AM »
Net code is playable.

4 bars is playable 3 bars can be good enough if you are desperate but anything below that isn't worth your time. Playing it on xbox360 right now

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2011, 09:01:08 AM »
The bars seem unreliable to me. I had a three-bar that left me feeling pretty frustrated, but just now I played around ten two-bar games that were pretty fun.

But yeah, it's definitely possible to get good matches with this netcode.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2011, 09:26:15 AM »
It's pretty bad. It feels really delayed. Played 3 mofo's in a row, it's slow motion, including one guy -cody something- who picked Athena and ranaway the entire time and there was literally nothing I could do to get him. And he was 4 bars, and I messaged him saying it was laggy, and the guy in usual trolling fashion said "I'm on Wifi LOL"

Played another guy at 4 bars, slightly better but still laggy. Like Supercade 3rd Strike lag, everything feels delayed by a second. Pretty garbage. I hope a patch fixes it but I'm really, really fucking pissed if this is it.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2011, 09:56:35 AM »
Netcode on the first day seems to be very, very subjective. I've heard stories of joy and despair; only thing I can contribute is tips - get your own internet setup to wired, portforwarded, and uninterrupted for best results. Mostly play 3 o 4 bars, but try out a 2 just to see; people were surprised how a two is sometimes playable.

It's suprising how this game might teach a lot of gamers how to better set their connection for all games they play.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

SonicTempest

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
    • Tempest in a Teacup
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2011, 10:17:29 AM »
(copypasta from ON)

OK, I just had a three bar match. It was more manageable than the 2 bar matches I've had so far, in that at least I can try and mount some sort of offense and have it go reasonably according to plan, but some combos with tight timing might still require a bit of timing adjustment. For instance I was trying to do K's drive cancel combo in the corner but the dp+A -> QCB+K DC was read a little too late and I ended up cancelling the second hit instead of the first, ending the combo sooner than I would have liked. Stuff like Kula's C, f+A, QCB+B, f+D. dp+C worked fine, though, as did connecting it off a hyperhop C.

Another caveat was that the guy I was playing against wasn't that great, so it is very likely my opinion would have been different had I been playing someone competent at the game.

I'm also seeing an issue where if someone shows up as 3 bars in the list of available games, the connection quality drops to 2 bars when I actually join the room. Similarly I thought I was joining a 4-bar room but the guy's connection to me was 3 bars once I entered.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2011, 10:27:31 AM »
Playing on PSN

trying ranked matches, i honestly cannot find anything above 2 bars. game drops most of the time.
Then played with my friend that lives a few miles away, that one worked pretty well.

I honestly expected more, all this talk about the netcode being overhauled and stuff...

Looks like i'll stick to offline for now.

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2011, 04:40:39 PM »
It's good if I want to play somebody around me, I want to try getting games in with some of my friends on XBL to test a bit more. Ranked and player matches with randoms are awful though. You can set it to lv3 connection or higher, and still get lv2s, so you have to set to lv4 for playable matches which there weren't very many of for me (it gave me lv3s anyway). I have an offline scene thankfully, but until we meet up again I'm gonna keep trying online.

MaruchanSoup

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
Just played some 3 bar matches yesterday night.

Those are really smooth, like, guy is right next to you smooth

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2011, 12:52:03 AM »
Just played some 3 bar matches yesterday night.

Those are really smooth, like, guy is right next to you smooth

Can you do combos/punish stuff? Where are you from?

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2011, 03:50:19 AM »
I have a theory that the patch that just got released (1.1) may have partially been for providing players with more accurate bar info. This is likely why peeps got quite different results with similar bars.

Also, it's crazy to hear in some reports that some people are playing without the game installed. They should make installation a requirement to going online...or a requirement period.

There may have been a change to match filtering where bars are set as a criterion. Dunno, you guys will have to tell me as I still have to wait another week T_T