Dream Cancel Forum

News:

New to the forums? Introduce yourself HERE!

KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition

Started by Kane317, November 22, 2011, 12:38:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Neoprime

Quote from: sibarraz on November 25, 2011, 12:33:05 AM
Hey guys, has anybody bought or has  a preview of the premium themes for the xbox version?

I will buy  one but I need to see how they are

I bought them for the PS3, they seem to be good.

DarKaoZ

I just notice Gundam Extreme Vs comes out in Japan the same day as KOFXIII in Japan. Is like SNKP really wanted to have a huge challenge when selling this game.

LouisCipher

A few random thoughts:

I might have to edit my signature. I'm finding success with Maxima on 1st. He can play keepaway really well and that's what I use him for; keep them out and build as much meter as possible for Ralf and Clark. Needless to say that my Maxima is total balls for that reason. I know he's a good character in the right hands but I can't make him work. I'm so used to having speed and a safe way of getting in with Alex in 3S, that I can't really adjust to a grappler that lacks these two things. Clark has these assets that make him so fucking beastly. If you can dominate with the other grapplers than I tip my hat because for the life of me I can't get that synergy going. Ralf I like, my big problem is accidentally doing DC'ing Galactic Phantom and consistently doing his charge moves.

When the DLC characters come out I'll probably use Mr. Karate or Iori 98 in 1st or 2nd.

For now I just see my first two characters as sacrifices to Clark (MORE BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!) and if I can take out the opponents 1st character and whittle down the 2nd to about half health, then I know my Clark can win it. I have to get better at comboing and using hops though.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Delta

Quote from: Neoprime on November 25, 2011, 02:32:08 AM
Quote from: sibarraz on November 25, 2011, 12:33:05 AM
Hey guys, has anybody bought or has  a preview of the premium themes for the xbox version?

I will buy  one but I need to see how they are

I bought them for the PS3, they seem to be good.

kof 13 premium theme 2 and fail.

Looks cool

gazette

Hahaha, SNK like PS3 more that they even forgot to change the buttons for X360.

DarKaoZ

Quote from: Delta on November 25, 2011, 05:07:17 AM
kof 13 premium theme 2 and fail.

Looks cool

Wow, I like the artwork that is in the Friends List, I wish those were the winning pose art instead of the ones of the game.

MetalThrashingMadman

I have only played a handful of online matches, but so far my experience has been decent. Can't say lag has caused me to drop anything so far, but I don't have any really big combos mastered yet anyway. It sucks that people are either playing the game like it's SF or spamming what they think are cheap moves. I fought one guy who picked joe and hwa and did nothing but spam their knee attacks and supers. It was an insanely stupid strategy and I'm glad to say I didn't let him get away with it.

@LouisCipher: I wouldn't give up on Maxima just yet. Sure it's tough to get in with him, but when he works, he really fucking works. Try baiting attacks just outside of your opponents reach and use Maxima's superior reach to punish. Good spacing does wonders for him. Though I admit I rarely get the chance to do actual combos with him.

LouisCipher

Dumb question but I can't find an answer: How do you taunt?

* Never mind, you have to assign it in the button config.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

The Fluke

Well, the game has been delayed a bit more, next friday here in sweden.. Bummer, though i'm getting it earlier because of import. Jay..

Ashspiralingblood

Just got the game today, I'm guessing the pre-order bonus is not so special because I got the CD too

Xxenace

so apparently i have to teach my friends how to KoF

this outta be fun

JoeJustice

Keep running into EX Iori online, this DLC needs to be out today.

Mazinkaiser

FlyMike

One of my friends says that his guy has the EX characters and stages, but that it doesn't let you run a standard character and the EX version on the same team. So like....no Takuma/Ryo/Mr. Karate or Kyo/Goro/NESTS Kyo, etc.

Is this true? Can anyone confirm it?
Pimp hand, give me strength...

Demoninja

Quote from: FlyMike on November 25, 2011, 10:13:54 PM
One of my friends says that his guy has the EX characters and stages, but that it doesn't let you run a standard character and the EX version on the same team. So like....no Takuma/Ryo/Mr. Karate or Kyo/Goro/NESTS Kyo, etc.

Is this true? Can anyone confirm it?

It's true just like every other KOF game.