Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318947 times)

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #405 on: December 01, 2011, 12:05:41 PM »
Maxima I think is going to be low tier.

I think Maxima is the shit, he was pretty strong in the arcade, and still is. He may be slow, but his guard points give him the necessary tools to slowly make his way close enough to his opponent, and EX Aerial Vapor Cannon is amazing. I usually punish what I can with s.C/s.D into hcb+B, and off that you can get more damage with a super.

I might end up being King/Shen/Maxima. I'm wondering though if I should use King as my 2nd character, because I can actually pull off her HD combo, Shen's I can't quite get out yet. I love having Maxima as my anchor because of the damage he can do off a simple 3 hit combo.

I've been playing with Ralf more too, his standing CD is really good... plus it's kara-cancelable. I've been using s.CD kara into qcb+P to approach, works pretty good.

Kim is another character I may use more, I've always been a fan of Kim in the Fatal Fury games, but rarely played him in KOF, save for like in KOF95 lol. Hangetsuzan being punishable hurts him a bit, and his Max Cancel off his Hou'ou Kyaku into Neo Max doesn't bring out much damage compared to other characters. If only he could cancel the Hou'ou Kyaku finisher into Neo Max... everytime I tried I could only do it after the first few several hits.

Also playing with Andy more, I love his s.B, s.D chain combo, it's awesome.

I agree. Maxima is not low tier and shouldn't be under estimated. People say he's easy, but getting in with him is a  challenge. That takes time and practice with him. Doesn't happen quick. Also, he has 1 command grab, but that 1 command grab will allow you to super cancel on any version of it. No matter what happens, you put them in the corner. Nobody's command grab does all that, especially a regular one (Except Daimon, but Daimon is just straight evil).

Give him a chance.

TYRANNICAL

• Strongest Tiger
  • Beast of Prey
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: December 01, 2011, 12:18:53 PM »
This game is SVC level strict on controls. SVC took me a year to fully master the controls, even simple inputs because of how strict it is. All the commands work properly, but it allows NO sloppiness in execution. Give it time, especially with online lag it will take a lot of practice to get used to this system.
Nah. I disagree.  I've played SVC and XIII is better than that but KOF has always been against sloppy inputs so you have to be spot on.  I remember playing 00 after playing XI.  00 was strict.  I had to practice basic qcf motions.  Something I was able to do for more than 10 years.  XIII just has some madness with characters that demand you use shortcuts to get what you want.  Mix in some late cancels and links and it's a pain.
KOF XIII:
-K'/EX Kyo/EX Iori
-K'/Andy/Kyo
-Benimaru(Duo Lon)/Robert/Takuma(Iori)

Might controls everything.

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: December 01, 2011, 02:46:05 PM »
One question. Maybe you have talked about this already... Is there any way to refuse a match when you get challenged in arcade or practice? I will like to refuse fight against 1 bar people, but I do know how (i press O button, or select, or start, or triangle, but nothing works and match starts)..

thanks in advance :)
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

SAB-CA

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
    • Studio Artic Bananna!
« Reply #408 on: December 01, 2011, 03:14:19 PM »
http://game.snkplaymore.co.jp/official/kof-xiii/blog/archives/2011/12/kof13.html

12 new vids of combos cool...

Quote for new page, as many of SNKP's combos are worth watching:) Good short videos that cover basics and advanced sombos in short order, and have some nice tricks.

One question. Maybe you have talked about this already... Is there any way to refuse a match when you get challenged in arcade or practice? I will like to refuse fight against 1 bar people, but I do know how (i press O button, or select, or start, or triangle, but nothing works and match starts)..

thanks in advance :)

If you play Arcade or practice in Ranked, there's no way to refuse. But you're finished with the person after 1 round.

If you pick these options under Player, you can refuse the players, but they stick around after the fight.

So you get more control in player matches.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: December 01, 2011, 05:14:16 PM »
So, for those that play online (doesn't matter if it sucks or not): who are the most used/overused characters there?  I'm guessing Kyo and K', but i want to hear something for those that played the game.

Just curious.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: December 01, 2011, 05:19:43 PM »
So, for those that play online (doesn't matter if it sucks or not): who are the most used/overused characters there?  I'm guessing Kyo and K', but i want to hear something for those that played the game.

Just curious.

Mostly Athena, Robert, Kyo, and Ryo.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: December 01, 2011, 05:30:21 PM »

Just curious.

Played quite a few matches and so far the character variety my opponents have picked have been great, I wouldn't say any particular character is being overused so far.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: December 01, 2011, 06:47:19 PM »
how easy do most of you find this kula combo;

;dn ;b, ;dn ;b, ;b;fd ;dn ;df ;c;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;c?

Remember the "long"cut for DPs, and it shouldn't be the worst of the bunch.

;dn ;b, ;dn ;b, ;b,   ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;fd ;c;df ;dn ;db ;bk ;c

holy fucking shit, the k dp into fb cancel. rex i love u man, no homo. and here i was thinking just what kind of godly execution you must have for the shit, thanx a lot man.

so finally after getting some help, has anybody found a way to make 2 crouching light into 2 half circle backs easier execution wise?

also rex and anybody with knowledge and/or execution wanna help me out with the terry 9 or 10 trial in the terry thread. the one that rex posted long ago and mr kof performed, the one where you change sides with the burning knuckle and finish with hard cracshoot into busta wolf into NM. thanx in advance. anybody seriously considering playing terry should know this combo, the first part is his hardest non corner non super bar hd combo in the game, BUT ITS HARD, lol.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Kane317

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: December 01, 2011, 07:45:14 PM »
got my copy today and got flame Iori

http://youtu.be/53vpabwVyh8

sugarboy!  Welcome to DC finally!  This man is the reason I play (more like, the reason I still play rather) Chin, my hats off to you. Your tips about him the first week, and how you said Japanese players were smacking the machine playing against Chin, I was like, "I'm in!" Thank you for opening up my dark side haha.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 07:47:42 PM by Kane317 »

Ufgt

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: December 01, 2011, 07:52:42 PM »
Musolini:

I go c.b,  ;fd ;df ;dn+ ;b ;db ;bk ;fd ;df ;dn ;db ;bk+ ;a+ ;c

I find it easier than trying to bust the full motion after the second c.b

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: December 01, 2011, 08:34:09 PM »

Just curious.

Most used online (mid to high level play) is Ash, Shen Woo, K' least used Elizabeth, Chin, Maxima. This is just what I see and if you count the people who are just starting out, then the people used are quite different.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: December 01, 2011, 08:46:41 PM »
All I see is Kula >:O
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: December 01, 2011, 08:51:50 PM »
Kula is the shit.  People just get mad because her snowman can block projectiles.   ;)

Surprisingly I've barely seen any K's.  I think his combos are a little too strict for the average newb.
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: December 01, 2011, 08:52:44 PM »

On the plus side, all you get to beat up is Kula.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: December 01, 2011, 08:54:46 PM »

On the plus side, all you get to beat up is Kula.

If I could actually beat Kulas, I wouldn't be as mad.  I keep getting steamrolled.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.