Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319060 times)

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #420 on: December 01, 2011, 08:56:49 PM »
Well I haven't played a whole lot of online matches, but I've seen more of Kyo, Terry, and Chin than anyone else.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: December 01, 2011, 09:27:19 PM »
http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9811
We have been carefully monitoring dialogue and feedback regarding the online play in THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII. While the general consensus is that KOF XIII is one of if not the best entry in the series and that the netcode is noticeably improved over the previous iteration, we're saddened to hear that many of our fans are frustrated with their online experiences thus far.

Just as it was in the months prior to the game's release, we will do everything within our influence to help developer SNK PLAYMORE test and continue to improve KOF XIII's network performance. To this end, the detailed feedback we've received is invaluable.

We greatly appreciate the dedication of players who are diligently reporting their online experiences, and we sincerely thank the community for all of the passion and support it has offered us and THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: December 01, 2011, 09:40:23 PM »
http://www.atlus.com/forum/showthread.php?t=9811
We have been carefully monitoring dialogue and feedback regarding the online play in THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII. While the general consensus is that KOF XIII is one of if not the best entry in the series and that the netcode is noticeably improved over the previous iteration, we're saddened to hear that many of our fans are frustrated with their online experiences thus far.

Just as it was in the months prior to the game's release, we will do everything within our influence to help developer SNK PLAYMORE test and continue to improve KOF XIII's network performance. To this end, the detailed feedback we've received is invaluable.

We greatly appreciate the dedication of players who are diligently reporting their online experiences, and we sincerely thank the community for all of the passion and support it has offered us and THE KING OF FIGHTERS XIII.

:)

bzerk

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: December 01, 2011, 10:33:44 PM »
Nice to see  they are paying attention to the online concerns. Maybe they have something planned behind the scene at snkp

derpsunagi79

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: December 02, 2011, 01:44:09 AM »
anyone else think the inputs in this game can be a bit wonky sometimes?

for some reason i seem to have a somewhat hard time pulling off kyo's orochinagi and even having some trouble doing dp motions with robert and a few others maybe its just me when ever i played 98,02 or hell even kof xii i didn't have any problems

This game is SVC level strict on controls. SVC took me a year to fully master the controls, even simple inputs because of how strict it is. All the commands work properly, but it allows NO sloppiness in execution. Give it time, especially with online lag it will take a lot of practice to get used to this system.

youve got to be kidding, right?

this has to be probably the easiest kof has ever been, easier than x1 even and that was baby mode.

in 2002 i struggled a bit with certain combos, but in 13 im breezing through them like butter, the balance is perfect between decent inupt reading and your execution, everthing is so damn easy, and this is on pad, te only thing thats hard is kyos dp into orochinagi, and thhats because im probably getting a bit to old to be doing fast inputs like that

theres no way you should be compairing this to svc, doing a ryu max mode or demitri max mode is next to impossible compaired to 13

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: December 02, 2011, 04:52:49 AM »
Regarding the controls, I just don't see it.

On a scale of 1 to 10. 1 representing the worst controls imaginable for a fighter like say Ballz 3D. And 10 would be 3rd Strike. I would give KOF 13 a 9. Only because it has some weird anti-tick throw system that can make it difficult if you're a grappler and has to be timed just right and I wish Neomax had it's own dedicated button because sometimes you accidentally get it out.

Comparatively; KOF98 would get maybe a 5 and 2002 would get a 6 from me.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: December 02, 2011, 04:58:06 AM »
third strike is a 9 one to ten, same as RB2 imo. kof xi is 10 out 10 and then some.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: December 02, 2011, 05:03:17 AM »
Great, as if Kula weren't giving me enough nightmares, now I'm afraid of Clarks too.  I have to pray to get through an entire team with Kensou since Clark is usually an anchor or I get worked.

Also, off-topic, Youtube changed the layout again...hate when they don't warn you.

And two other things.  How the hell is 98 and 02 easier for you than XIII?

Also, am I the only one who thought 3S wasn't that hard execution wise unless you were using like Yun or Urien?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: December 02, 2011, 06:29:17 AM »
Man it's really hard to respect players online. people will do random Neo Maxes and EX to win. It's annoying playing ppl like that online.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: December 02, 2011, 06:41:09 AM »
...10 obviously representing flawless and perfect controls of course.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: December 02, 2011, 06:43:58 AM »
Haven't played arcade mode much just been in the lab for the longest and online matches. Just realized Final Boss Sakai be on that bullshit lol. Dark Ash easy.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 06:47:38 AM by BiGGDaddyCane »

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: December 02, 2011, 06:52:29 AM »
Man it's really hard to respect players online. people will do random Neo Maxes and EX to win. It's annoying playing ppl like that online.

I don't see the problem, it's not like NM and EX moves are free to do.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: December 02, 2011, 06:58:48 AM »

Yeah but I some I get hit by it cause of the random input lag the game likes to throw out.  :(

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: December 02, 2011, 07:14:44 AM »

It's a problem when you take a BS 500 DMG for the stupidest NM throwout ever.  Plus since the online isn't that great, it makes something as simple as running up a bit useless since you can't block in time.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: December 02, 2011, 07:27:11 AM »

It's a problem when you take a BS 500 DMG for the stupidest NM throwout ever.  Plus since the online isn't that great, it makes something as simple as running up a bit useless since you can't block in time.
Man aint that the truth, thing is I want to brush up before going to NEC and online is my only option atm since no one upstate ny plays the game. I feel like I'm wasting time playing online most of the time. Don't get me wrong I played a couple of solid players but alot other rely on online gimmicks to win matches. Sorry for the rant but I'm a bit sad i don't have a scene to improve locally.