Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319013 times)

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #465 on: December 03, 2011, 06:35:07 PM »
Wonder when they gonna announce the iori dlc release date.

They already did, December 6.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: December 03, 2011, 07:11:48 PM »

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: December 04, 2011, 01:42:26 AM »
Anyone know when Mr. Karate and EX Kyo are coming out?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

darkTown2

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: December 04, 2011, 02:51:14 AM »
Anyone know when Mr. Karate and EX Kyo are coming out?

they haven't even been officially announced by snkp or atlus, how would anyone know?
psn: darkTown2
kof 13: kyo,iori,k'

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: December 04, 2011, 02:59:54 AM »
More random thoughts:

King: I don't like her. Her projectiles are good but I feel like I have to spam them all the time with her, and for whatever reason I can't get her slide out consistently, and I think she has the slowest sweep in the game. Not saying she's bad, but she has a tough time getting in and consequentially getting them off of her. Just my two cents.

Ryo and Robert: If I mained Shoto's I'd use them for sure. But I don't because I find them boring and horribly overused by scrubs ;) . I'd say either him or Robert are the best. Robert has every tool available to him; a command grab (EX too), a Dive, projectile super, etc. Ryo is different, he's like Clark in that he has a tool specific to him that no other character has and radically changes how to play against him. Clark's B Sab not only autoguards but gives him amazingly good tick throw options that no other character has. Just the same with Ryo's parries, they're damn good and make him scary as shit if the other guy is good at it.

Shen: Very easy neomax combos. Good overall character, I just have a hard time getting in with him.

Kim: I really like him. Just wish his QCB+kick was safe or perhaps easier to combo afterwards. Really good pressure with him. Very easy to pick up. Another thing I wish he had were his rekka's from 2002 and XI.

Netcode varies wildly. I played 3 guys. One Green, pretty good, he just loved doing Mai's Neomax. The other two were Yellow and one was 'okay' the other was okay for the first match and then lagged hardcore for the rest of the matches. I honestly think some of these guys with Yellow connections fully know that it's laggy and just want to troll by running away and spamming projectile and random super. I even had one guy empty jump over me, he's right next to me, so I go to grab, and he mashes out crLKx3 with Kula and it hits... Need that patch.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

DeaTh-ShiNoBi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: December 04, 2011, 08:49:42 AM »
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but it seems appropriate.  I missed the first day of NECXII, and I want to know if there is a place where I can watch the non-live stream of KOFXIII before the top 4 tomorrow.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: December 04, 2011, 09:13:13 AM »
Hello, sorry if this is the wrong place to ask, but it seems appropriate.  I missed the first day of NECXII, and I want to know if there is a place where I can watch the non-live stream of KOFXIII before the top 4 tomorrow.

Welcome to DreamCancel Death Shinobi. Can't find the video right now; when I do, it'll be posted up in the Tournament - Results thread. That and the Upcoming Tournaments/Events threads is the place to check out that stuff.

If you'd like, you can introduce yourself in the Meet & Greet section.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

DeaTh-ShiNoBi

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: December 04, 2011, 09:47:50 AM »

Welcome to DreamCancel Death Shinobi. Can't find the video right now; when I do, it'll be posted up in the Tournament - Results thread. That and the Upcoming Tournaments/Events threads is the place to check out that stuff.

If you'd like, you can introduce yourself in the Meet & Greet section.

Thanks solidshark, you've told me everything I needed to know.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: December 04, 2011, 10:31:41 AM »
KOF XIII ps3 version took the 8th place of gamer.com.tw sales ranking last week(11/27~12/03).
gamer.com.tw is the greatest video game community in Taiwan.

http://buy.gamer.com.tw/atmItem.php?sn=10306
« Last Edit: December 04, 2011, 10:34:10 AM by a11111357 »

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: December 04, 2011, 12:38:49 PM »
Did anyone encounter 'lost colour' bug?

Let me go into details, I was playing to unlock K' until I reach the 40 play count usage, upon doing that, I exit game properly and it auto-saves. I did a quick check on the count and it was 40, went into customization and saw all colors unlock. Ok, since I was done I off the console and went out. To my horror, when I went into customization again, not all the colors were there.  :( I went to check the character playcount and its at 27!!

Other players who encounterd this as well: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/632923-the-king-of-fighters-xiii/61135872

Is there anyway to inform Atlus or SNK about this?

Tom

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Re: Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #477 on: December 04, 2011, 05:46:11 PM »
Team spooky has the stream in the archive.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: December 04, 2011, 06:28:25 PM »
KOF XIII ps3 version took the 8th place of gamer.com.tw sales ranking last week(11/27~12/03).
gamer.com.tw is the greatest video game community in Taiwan.

http://buy.gamer.com.tw/atmItem.php?sn=10306

Awesome.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 05, 2011, 06:04:06 AM »
Just got back from NEC. My god played The Answer, Reynald and one more person who I forgot to ask his name. They made me look silly. Insanely nice those 3. Willing to help a player out to better improve. Appreciate the games I played there. Made 9th in KOF 13 which is far better then expected. Got sent to losers by Justin Wong who played extremely solid and obviously has better defense then I do (was really hard to get in against him). Over all playing and definitively seeing high level play (was sitting right behind the players during top 4) made me realize how much I want to improve in the game.

@Running Wild- Well I live in Albany which is the exact equivalent to a rock lol and believe me I would go to Rochester but I have no vehicle nor do I know how to get there by bus. If anything if you got a consistant scene going on I would go once I purchase a car. Thanks for the heads up  ;)
« Last Edit: December 05, 2011, 06:06:07 AM by ELTRO »
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)