Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319049 times)

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #825 on: January 01, 2012, 08:42:37 AM »
pretty much. Don't get me wrong, I actually ended up persuading in giving the game a shot and guess what. They love it. Even the most hard headed one of the group ended up appreciating the game.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Tanner

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #826 on: January 01, 2012, 08:48:17 AM »
True. But I'd argue that people who only play AE and MVC3 have been coddled by easy inputs and comeback mechanics. But that's a can of worms waiting to be opened I think.

Lol, but it's true.  SF4 has massive reversal windows, fully invincible reversals and easy inputs (like hitting df,df+p for an srk and hcb/f motions requiring only 4 directional inputs instead of 5).  I'm not necessarily bashing those games, but it's a fact the inputs are extremely easy.  Anyone that started playing fighting games when SF4 came out is going to have trouble with KOF (and most other fighters) when they find out mashing reversals causes them to eat a meaty and they can't pull of hcb moves.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #827 on: January 01, 2012, 09:10:54 AM »

That's not true, you give people too little credit.  If they game is good, people will be willing to try it.  When I lived in GA, most the FG players only played SF4, I introduced them to Melty Blood and more than half of them were immediately addicted and a small MB community was created with almost no effort.  The type of gamer that wants instant gratification is not going to be the guy that goes out of his way to meet with other players to learn and have real competition.

Not every place has FG players, not every place have people that go on SRK, that go on Dream Cancel so stop acting like that's the case.

News fucking flash so listen up, NOT EVERYONE PLAYS FGS.  Simple as fucking that.  Then there's those who just play for the flash, like in the MKs, or the Marvels, or hell, even Soul Caliber.  People that don't give a shit about getting good, but just playing.  And those people, give them KOF, sure they might like it, but you'll probably have to play half-assed for months, lest you risk turning them off.

You want an example?  I have friends that don't mind getting into different games.  Brought over MvC3 for the hell of it.  They loved the graphics, the feel, the flash, the combos.  After an hour, they barred me from playing it with them because even as half assed as I could play, I was still doing too well.  This isn't uncommon in other places either.  What a fucking scene that is.

I agree people should get out and look, but when people have gone out of their fucking way to tell you they've taken an active search in finding a scene and have found nothing, shut the fuck up, take their word for it and get off your god damn high horse, unless you want to take a goddamn flight out to where they live and threaten people at gunpoint to play KOF with them.

I'm sorry, but it's like finding fossils.  You can dig and dig, but sometimes it's not a matter of just putting more effort into it, sometimes the only thing down there is more and more worm shit and nothing more.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Tanner

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: January 01, 2012, 09:23:33 AM »
Not every place has FG players, not every place have people that go on SRK, that go on Dream Cancel so stop acting like that's the case.

News fucking flash so listen up, NOT EVERYONE PLAYS FGS.  Simple as fucking that.  Then there's those who just play for the flash, like in the MKs, or the Marvels, or hell, even Soul Caliber.  People that don't give a shit about getting good, but just playing.  And those people, give them KOF, sure they might like it, but you'll probably have to play half-assed for months, lest you risk turning them off.

You want an example?  I have friends that don't mind getting into different games.  Brought over MvC3 for the hell of it.  They loved the graphics, the feel, the flash, the combos.  After an hour, they barred me from playing it with them because even as half assed as I could play, I was still doing too well.  This isn't uncommon in other places either.  What a fucking scene that is.

I agree people should get out and look, but when people have gone out of their fucking way to tell you they've taken an active search in finding a scene and have found nothing, shut the fuck up, take their word for it and get off your god damn high horse, unless you want to take a goddamn flight out to where they live and threaten people at gunpoint to play KOF with them.

I'm sorry, but it's like finding fossils.  You can dig and dig, but sometimes it's not a matter of just putting more effort into it, sometimes the only thing down there is more and more worm shit and nothing more.

I'm not sure what your deal is but you are acting like a baby.  I in no way flamed or antagonized anyone during this discussion so your little tantrum is not needed, sounds like you have serious issues.  If you read back I said several times that I know not every place is going to have a scene so maybe you should work on your reading comprehension before pitching a childish fit.  I seriously hope you are no older than 13 because I'm seriously embarrassed for you after reading your post if you are.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #829 on: January 01, 2012, 09:26:13 AM »
And let me guess, until I learn to control my anger, I should disallow myself from ever posting on these forums again until I grow up and stop acting like a child, and hell, I should probably stop posting anyway for everyone's benefit?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: January 01, 2012, 09:27:12 AM »
Guys relax there's no need for this argument. The idea is to help and support our fellow players. This is not needed at the moment. Or ever.

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #831 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:31 AM »
You want an example?  I have friends that don't mind getting into different games.  Brought over MvC3 for the hell of it.  They loved the graphics, the feel, the flash, the combos.  After an hour, they barred me from playing it with them because even as half assed as I could play, I was still doing too well.  This isn't uncommon in other places either.  What a fucking scene that is.

LOL I had that exact thing happen to me with MvC3, except since im actually good at it, it took a good 10 minutes at most for them to seriously not let me play at all...on the good side 1 of my friends came back like a month or so later and had trained and beat me once I was joking around and then didn't even want to play me again after though >_>
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

Tanner

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #832 on: January 01, 2012, 09:31:49 AM »
Guys relax there's no need for this argument. The idea is to help and support our fellow players. This is not needed at the moment. Or ever.

Only one person "arguing" here.  I merely made a suggestion to try and find a local scene since everyone was complaining about the netcode and some child decided that was reason enough to attempt to start a flame war.  BTW, I'm new to the forums, is there an ignore feature?  I can imagine someone that acts so immature has anything of substance to add to any discussion.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2012, 09:34:24 AM by Tanner »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: January 01, 2012, 09:34:51 AM »

Only one person "arguing" here.  I merely made a suggestion to try and find a local scene since everyone was complaining about the netcode and some child decided that was reason enough to attempt to start a flame war.  BTW, I'm new to the forums, is there an ignore feature?

No, you're right, and I deserve the hate.  On top of that, for that unnecessary flame of you which was completely uncalled for, I deserve a suspension if not outright ban.  I apologize and I'm prepared to pay the price for my childish behavior.  And please ignore me, I'm an asshole that doesn't deserve the privilege to post here.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #834 on: January 01, 2012, 09:39:27 AM »
So um, has there been any good matches streamed or uploaded lately?

FataCon

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #835 on: January 01, 2012, 09:43:03 AM »
First off, welcome to DC Tanner. If you would like, feel free to introduce yourself here: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?board=9.0

Now, I have no intention of suspending or banning anyone based on the current conversation. At Dream Cancel, we understand that forum users come from all over the world, and, as such, have different opinions and feelings about whatever topic is at hand. We never aim to censor what people have to say, provided it's not directly pointed towards someone. Sure, Saitsu can be really vocal at times, but these are his opinions and I will assume that he has no ill will towards any forum members.

That said, keep it under control, guys. I know we all want to say what we have to say, but we can do it respectfully. Remember, stay on topic and enjoy yourselves.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #836 on: January 01, 2012, 10:09:14 AM »
Happy New Year!!!!!

*looks at conversation on this page* Awesome way to start the year! lmao

Anyways, on a good note, I got my little nephew (9yr old) into KOF, been playing him and he can dodge and do fireballs now. I'm a proud Uncle! lol

But yeah, he gets beaten badly online, but at least he doesn't get discorage so easily so far. But I'm surprised he really liked Kyo, Iori, K and Kula for their "powers" and looks, even when he also seen Marvel Vs Capcom 3 (he also owns the game) he prefers KOF over it.

Yeah, I'm shocked and proud at the same time. lol

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #837 on: January 01, 2012, 10:17:31 AM »
some of you guys need to quit thinking that we haven't tried to find a offline community around us,  

Unless you live in a location that has a very small population there will be other people interested in fighting games.  Check the regional section of SRK if you are having trouble.  Yes, there are situations that keep people from being able to join a community and no, not every city is going to have a massive community.  But you really don't need that many people, you can just have 4 or 5 people playing in someone's apartment and have pretty good competition.

also some of you guys need to start thinking about others peoples situations and why they depend on the online community

I'm not sure why you took what I said personally (defensive much?) and I have no clue why this statement was directed towards me as I have no control over the quality of KOF's netplay.  The fact is that KOF's online is complete ass and unplayable 99% of the time.  Therefore, if people want to find competition they are going to have to look locally.

And it's not as simple as just getting people into them.  If you told any random gamer the effort it takes to get into a FG, let alone one like KOF, they'll run straight the other way.  Most want instant gratification they can get in things like FPS games among others.

That's not true, you give people too little credit.  If they game is good, people will be willing to try it.  When I lived in GA, most the FG players only played SF4, I introduced them to Melty Blood and more than half of them were immediately addicted and a small MB community was created with almost no effort.  The type of gamer that wants instant gratification is not going to be the guy that goes out of his way to meet with other players to learn and have real competition.
(sorry for the big quote btw)

i live in a pretty small-ish town and the the most where most of the people just play call of duty  or other various shooters if i had to take a guess at what fighting games were played around here it would be either mk or mvc

and let me explain my situation to you since you dont seem to understand where im coming from. i have very little time, patience or money among other things that aren't gonna be explained here, as much as i would love to drive about to play games with other people i just cant which is why i absolutely rely on the online part being at least decent.

and yes i did bit of offense at your comment it bugs the fuck out of me when people who have a offline group of people make it seem like its so fuckin easy to find one, it also bugs me how they just blow off the online part just because they dont give a shit about it then proceed to bitch and moan when other people wont play the game

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #838 on: January 01, 2012, 10:58:57 AM »
^ man that sounds rough man.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #839 on: January 01, 2012, 05:52:55 PM »
Both online and offline are crucial in this day and age. I have a fairly healthy scene. It is Capcom dominated but several of those guys are interested in XIII and that's great but the reality is I cannot play them that frequently. They are all younger than me and keep college and part-time job hours. I work a weekday job and am on a strict schedule. Most days, if I want competition, it's online. Online is also important because it helps you to learn more match ups.