Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 322549 times)

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #900 on: January 04, 2012, 06:06:45 AM »
KOF at EVO; no longer a joke or a contradiction.

Finally is barely a strong-enough word to describe what has just been announced.

Thanks to SNKP and Atlus for making arguably the best fighter in years, and thanks to the players and fans for playing and leveling-up. I might cry seeing XIII on that EVO stream.

From this point, I seriously hope SNKP continues on with supporting XIII and making more awesome new games. And I hope the community will keep getting bigger and stronger so this isn't the only year or game that an SNK fighter will show up at EVO.

I promised myself I'd make a trip out there in case this would happen. Since I really can't now, if there's a way to support DC players like Kane and crew to get them there, I'd happily start donating what I can.
« Last Edit: January 04, 2012, 06:08:55 AM by solidshark »
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #901 on: January 04, 2012, 06:11:53 AM »
DC bus confirmed for staying with Killey/Metal lol
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #902 on: January 04, 2012, 06:13:20 AM »
hey, we should do a DC Bus.  Cross country bitches!
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Proto Cloud

• Legendary Wolf
  • PRAISE THE SUN!
    • View Profile
« Reply #903 on: January 04, 2012, 06:41:26 AM »
I think it'd be a genius idea to start a donation to get top DC players to get to EVO if it's not possible monetarily. Personally, I would gladly help to make this EVO one to surpass even the amazing 2011 one.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #904 on: January 04, 2012, 06:46:18 AM »
I'd be behind that.  Since I'm ass, better to help the ones who can play to get there for more comp.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

robisntdrunk

• New Challenger
  • The King of fighters
    • View Profile
« Reply #905 on: January 04, 2012, 06:50:50 AM »
If you guys are to cheap for the bus, we could always do a group marathon.

AKA walk. lol...it'll only take a couple of days at most!
I play fighting games much more than I train in real life, yet i'm still a better fighter in real life, guess I can't complain though.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #906 on: January 04, 2012, 06:54:15 AM »
Here's the deal folks. I plan on checking in Thursday evening and checking out Monday morning. I can't make hotel reservations tonight because I'm just barely short. But I get paid in a couple days. If rooms are still available then the total cost will be $712.32. I'm willing to share a room with anyone who gives me half that.

3 things you need to think about before taking my offer.

1) Once you give me your half there is no going back. If something comes up and you can't go tough. I won't be dicked around on this.

2) If you can't get your money together in a timely fashion don't bother.

3) I snore like a mother fucker. Bring ear protection.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #907 on: January 04, 2012, 10:07:26 AM »
well glad KoF is gonna be ad evo though im gonna have to be extremely bored to watch evo though

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #908 on: January 04, 2012, 11:17:02 AM »
Man Evo is watchable now that it has KOF 13. As for the rest of the line up, surprised MK9 got another shot. Not be an ass but I thought the game died a bit after last year evo that shows me lol. I just hope more international players will compete for KOF.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #909 on: January 04, 2012, 03:29:23 PM »
Need an opinion. Played a guy yesterday afternoon on KOF XIII. The lag was horrendous, but this guy was doing his combos like there was nothing wrong. After 1 match I bailed. Well I played him early this morning and the lag was tolerable. We had 3 close matches 1 I won. then suddenly the craptastic lag rears it's head and this guy seems to be unfazed again.

Is it just me or does it seem that this guy pull the old school trick of messing with the online to get easy wins? I haven't really seen this since xbox 180 days but it really does seem similar to those days.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #910 on: January 04, 2012, 04:52:21 PM »
Was he hosting? In my opinion, lag does not seem to be equal to both players.

Para Para Pony

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #911 on: January 04, 2012, 05:10:49 PM »
i had a similar instance... i couldn't even jump and entire inputs of mine were dropped completely. (press punch nothing happened) yet this one guy was dcing me left and right! almost finished me off with a massive hd cancel combo! talk about frustration! but only against one person... no other match i've had has been similar.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #912 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:13 PM »
I was hosting. The speed was erratic & my inputs were dropping randomly.  He seemed to have no problems with dropping whtsoever. The 1st time I just chalked it up to a fluke but when we were even through 3 matches and then the lag started it seemed curious. Hewas a Bishop if that matters.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #913 on: January 04, 2012, 05:42:48 PM »
i had a similar instance... i couldn't even jump and entire inputs of mine were dropped completely. (press punch nothing happened) yet this one guy was dcing me left and right! almost finished me off with a massive hd cancel combo! talk about frustration! but only against one person... no other match i've had has been similar.

Almost the same with me. Guy was just short of using random. Was using most of the cast and pretty well. I tried to stick with three at the time, to no avail 37-1. Once I picked Kim, who he used a lot, I started accidentally pulling off links and supers like I was a pro. I concluded that either he was taking advantage somehow, or just got that used to playing like that.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #914 on: January 04, 2012, 07:20:07 PM »