Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319030 times)

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #915 on: January 05, 2012, 04:52:01 AM »
Was probably a dude on a lag switch.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #916 on: January 06, 2012, 12:58:53 AM »
Tried out online yesterday and realized on player matches the game just matches you to anyone around the world, played a guy from a america (im from UK), which might have been the cause of a lot the horrible lag, but this makes me wonder why they didn't include a region filter like they have in ranked mode, hopefully the online patch addresses this issues and includes a flag indicator so you know where they are from.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #917 on: January 06, 2012, 01:02:28 AM »
Well, that's why you look through Custom Match and then check their GT.  You'll have time.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #918 on: January 06, 2012, 01:12:41 AM »
Yeah, thats the thing all i see is red bars which could also mean their not from my region, i need to test with someone from the UK, when i got the game i tried online with a friend had 3 bars, but couldn't really tell how good the online was since i didn't know how to play, also wish SNK includes a rematch option and not let people under the connection limit of your lobby join your lobby pretty annoying when your training mode.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #919 on: January 06, 2012, 01:19:04 AM »
Yeah, thats the thing all i see is red bars which could also mean their not from my region, i need to test with someone from the UK, when i got the game i tried online with a friend had 3 bars, but couldn't really tell how good the online was since i didn't know how to play, also wish SNK includes a rematch option and not let people under the connection limit of your lobby join your lobby pretty annoying when your training mode.
hell, whats your GT/PSNID, we can make a couple of matchs to check (i'm in france).

KoF 4 EVA

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #920 on: January 06, 2012, 01:37:14 AM »
My Psn is Tong_Lung, thought your from Portugal, lol.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #921 on: January 06, 2012, 01:50:34 AM »
lol, one time Portugal, one time France... lol   but, most of time i'm in France xD

ok, i'll add you, check ;)

KoF 4 EVA

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #922 on: January 06, 2012, 02:08:30 AM »

Ummm... it does have a rematch option on player match. The people entering your room with a 2 bar when you have a 3 bar and above is a glitch. When the person selects your room it does say that they have a 3 bar connection. Now just because it says 2 bars does not necessarly mean it's 2 bars. It might be a 3 bar match. The bar system is completely messed up unfortunately and if someone comes into your room I would recommed playing them once to see how it plays rather then saying they aren't worth playing.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #924 on: January 06, 2012, 03:15:34 AM »

Ummm... it does have a rematch option on player match. The people entering your room with a 2 bar when you have a 3 bar and above is a glitch. When the person selects your room it does say that they have a 3 bar connection. Now just because it says 2 bars does not necessarly mean it's 2 bars. It might be a 3 bar match. The bar system is completely messed up unfortunately and if someone comes into your room I would recommed playing them once to see how it plays rather then saying they aren't worth playing.

It isn't as messed up as it is that whatever it uses to measure ping between both players usually equals a worser than normal result most of the time, it happens on SSF4 AE for PC too, althought instead of showing one less bar it's one more bar.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #926 on: January 06, 2012, 07:09:45 PM »

Nah i dont mean the actual connection, when you create a lobby you can say that you want to only fight 3+ bars, but the problem is it doesn't stop people that are like 2 bar or 1 bar connection joining your lobby pretty annoying.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #927 on: January 06, 2012, 07:21:22 PM »

Nah i dont mean the actual connection, when you create a lobby you can say that you want to only fight 3+ bars, but the problem is it doesn't stop people that are like 2 bar or 1 bar connection joining your lobby pretty annoying.

To be fair, I've often entered 3 or 4 bar rooms only to see the connection indicator drop a bar or 2, so it's not always the player. I went into a room marked 4 bars and it showed 1 bar once in the room.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #928 on: January 06, 2012, 07:48:35 PM »
Nah, when you start searching for custim match there are four columns, 1st is room name, 2nd is time, 3rd other and 4th the actual connection between you and the player, on the "other" column it shows the ping the player wants to play for example you can set your lobby so that you want only 3bars and up joining your lobby however that doesn't stop people who have 1 bar connection with you from joining the lobby which is set to 3 bars and up.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #929 on: January 06, 2012, 08:47:52 PM »
I know. My point is the the connection rating varies between the search and the room. I've entered many 4 bars room that are actually 3 bar connections.