Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 318986 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1020 on: January 14, 2012, 01:55:42 AM »
No offense to Last Blade, I own the Dreamcast version of Last Blade 2 and the arcade version, but Last Blade is technically a bad copy of Rurouni Kenshin. Kenshin should be a counter based character that could be offensive, but would have lots of holes. I'm sure they could make a Kyoto version for a more offensive version. Saito should work off of 2 stances not just the one. Shisho could have a kind of Chin drinking move where he puts on the glove. He also could gain strength while losing life.  A good chunk of the characters would probably use 2 stances or special move power ups. Last Blade 2 did a good job in making something that felt like Rurouni Kenshin but it was a game that was simplified moves wise compared to making a Kenshin game. Not that it was a bad idea. Remember the neo geo had memory issues and with the animation that this game brought compared to KOF it would have been next to impossible to get anything that felt accurate. I was happy with LB2 but would kill for a serious Kenshin game. I'm sick of the crap anime fighting games.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1021 on: January 14, 2012, 03:24:04 AM »
« Last Edit: January 14, 2012, 03:32:41 AM by a11111357 »

Femto

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1022 on: January 14, 2012, 03:36:38 AM »
That combo contest was too fun too watch.  I think that's a fun way to get people into XIII or at least hype about it.

Looking forward to seeing more!

What you guys think?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1023 on: January 14, 2012, 04:00:10 AM »
Man I want to go to that Rochester tourney, but that shit is 4 hours away and I have no ride  :(

You'd blow everybody up, Rochester is free in non-Capcom games

I'm the only one with a primarily SNK background.

Pretty much.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1024 on: January 14, 2012, 04:02:04 AM »
More dlc characters will be released?

http://games.qq.com/a/20120113/000014.htm?pgv_ref=aio2012&ptlang=2052

Nice if true. Commence the wishlists.

Me personally: Son of Boss Team with Rock, Adelheide, and son of Goenitz. Or just 96 Boss team.

Failing that then Gato, Oswald and Vanessa.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1025 on: January 14, 2012, 04:07:24 AM »
Google translated this, and from it all i got they were just talking about the netcode patch and the dlc characters they  were talking about kyo and mr karate, i know its google translate but i don't think there's anything about future dlc characters.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1026 on: January 14, 2012, 04:17:43 AM »
Google translated this, and from it all i got they were just talking about the netcode patch and the dlc characters they  were talking about kyo and mr karate, i know its google translate but i don't think there's anything about future dlc characters.
The title of the article is  there will be more updates including new dlc and new characters.
BTW,I am from Taiwan.

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1027 on: January 14, 2012, 05:06:55 AM »
As always, really appreciate the news from your side of the pond a11111357.

Interesting if true, SNK would definitely be taking a new approach to delivering content. I'm guessing the profits they reaped off of the EX characters must be satisfactory.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1028 on: January 14, 2012, 05:19:43 AM »
I wonder if they see it as being more profitable to just character packs for 1-2 years and that be the end of it. OR (conspiracy theory time) they release character packs and when 14 comes out it will include all the characters except Ash/Saiki released so far in an entirely new engine similar to XI and that acts like a Gold Edition, ya' know? Instead of possibly releasing a gold edition of 13 with a sticker on it proclaiming "All DLC characters and stages included!" you get 14 with all DLC characters and new stages.

a11111357

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1029 on: January 14, 2012, 05:22:21 AM »
I reviewed it again.You are right.He just plays on words in title.
Sorry.......

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1030 on: January 14, 2012, 11:31:42 AM »
No offense to Last Blade, I own the Dreamcast version of Last Blade 2 and the arcade version, but Last Blade is technically a bad copy of Rurouni Kenshin

I know it's off-topic, but Rurouni Kenshin took alot of inspiration from SNK games too, particuarly Samurai Shodown, which was one of Watsuki's favorites and he mentioned it often in his notes.

On the subject of future DLC, I just want to see a complete Outlaw Team, whether it includes Mary, Yamazaki or Eiji to go with Billy. I'd especially like Eiji because he was the shit in XI and 98UM.

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
« Reply #1031 on: January 14, 2012, 01:54:41 PM »
More dlc characters will be released?

http://games.qq.com/a/20120113/000014.htm?pgv_ref=aio2012&ptlang=2052

Nice if true. Commence the wishlists.

Me personally: Son of Boss Team with Rock, Adelheide, and son of Goenitz. Or just 96 Boss team.

Failing that then Gato, Oswald and Vanessa.
Just one thing... Give us that guy:

GEESE HOWARD it just would be awesome!!! :)

In a logical way, maybe we can expect a Boss/Sub-Boss Team, hmmm... like... Geese :p , Adelheid & Rugal as final Boss...

And why not that 3 dark goblins as: Shroom, Rimelo & Botan.

Other note, would be nice if Mukai, Eiji & Chizuru/Shingo could be in...

I know, prolly too many wishes... lol

KoF 4 EVA

the7k

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1032 on: January 15, 2012, 12:07:37 AM »
AntiFF: Geese,Billy,Yamazaki
AntiAOF: Mr.Big,Eiji,Kasumi
TeamRugal:Rugal,Adel,Rose

Gimme those teams, plz.

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1033 on: January 15, 2012, 02:54:53 AM »
No offense to Last Blade, I own the Dreamcast version of Last Blade 2 and the arcade version, but Last Blade is technically a bad copy of Rurouni Kenshin

I know it's off-topic, but Rurouni Kenshin took alot of inspiration from SNK games too, particuarly Samurai Shodown, which was one of Watsuki's favorites and he mentioned it often in his notes.

On the subject of future DLC, I just want to see a complete Outlaw Team, whether it includes Mary, Yamazaki or Eiji to go with Billy. I'd especially like Eiji because he was the shit in XI and 98UM.

Off topic, but source of your signature?

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1034 on: January 15, 2012, 07:37:46 AM »