Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 321711 times)

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1095 on: January 30, 2012, 07:55:30 PM »
¿Or could that mean a change of type of netcode into a delay compensation one?

Kashou

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1096 on: January 30, 2012, 08:51:18 PM »
What I would like to know is if the patch addresses the controller issue? When I go to tournaments they generally don't allow the wireless ps3 pads so I have to use wired ps2 pads with a converter. But since this game doesn't like controllers without a home button I'm gonna have some real problems if they don't fix it.

That's just a converter issue. Lot's of converters support KoF. You need a proper ps2 to ps3 converter not just a ps2 to usb.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1097 on: January 31, 2012, 01:25:56 AM »
What I would like to know is if the patch addresses the controller issue? When I go to tournaments they generally don't allow the wireless ps3 pads so I have to use wired ps2 pads with a converter. But since this game doesn't like controllers without a home button I'm gonna have some real problems if they don't fix it.

That's just a converter issue. Lot's of converters support KoF. You need a proper ps2 to ps3 converter not just a ps2 to usb.

If you say so, it's still a problem I would like fixed. My converter works with every other game I tried it on. I'd rather not buy a new one just because of one game.

Just in case, would you care to name a few of the converters that do work? I know of one from etokki.com that is probably the best bet, but they take too long and their shipping rates suck.

Homies Over Shotos

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1098 on: January 31, 2012, 01:27:42 AM »

If you say so, it's still a problem I would like fixed. My converter works with every other game I tried it on. I'd rather not buy a new one just because of one game.

Just in case, would you care to name a few of the converters that do work? I know of one from etokki.com that is probably the best bet, but they take too long and their shipping rates suck.

Converter you're looking for is called InPin.  It's from South Korea.  They run about 50 or so on ebay.  The converter has a Playstation Home button on it, or you can access it by pressing Start and Select at the same time.

Converter is considered top of the line and has no input delay on top of it.

MetalThrashingMadman

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1099 on: January 31, 2012, 02:50:04 AM »
Yep, that's the converter I'm talking about. It would be a no brainer getting it, but I will only need it for one tournament (Which would be EVO). All the local tournaments in my area have been putting KOF on xbox. I'll just have to wait and see I guess. I'll buy a new converter if I have to though.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1100 on: January 31, 2012, 04:01:04 AM »
Anyone get the patch yet?
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1101 on: January 31, 2012, 04:02:43 AM »
Ive got the patch but no one to play.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1102 on: January 31, 2012, 07:15:55 AM »
After 9 PM PST(Midnight EST), and still no patch for U.S. players. To anyone in Europe who has it, is it worth waiting for it?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1103 on: January 31, 2012, 07:28:09 AM »
i wanna see some results of anyone playing this game with the patch and wireless i dont like constantly having to move my xbox downstairs just to play one game when the rest of the ones i own run just fine with out a wire

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1104 on: January 31, 2012, 08:17:24 AM »
I do NOT have the patch yet, but this is what I observed while playing online and what my online friend had told me too. 

1.02 Patch Changes
- Iori and EX Kyo bug fixed (As per other player report)
- Will be kicked out automatically if you don't fulfill the Line Speed connection
- Able to set custom fields in Arcade/Practice mode in Rank matches

Not really sure if they fixed the netcode yet.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1105 on: January 31, 2012, 10:24:17 AM »
The patch has arrived for me in JPN. Will have a chance to test it soon, but need to compare with people who do and don't have the patch. Hopefully BioBooster can be the before and after.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1106 on: January 31, 2012, 10:43:46 AM »
Yeah, we need to know if the patch is for fixing bugs or net code improvement.

GenesisDC

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1107 on: January 31, 2012, 11:32:12 AM »
I'm curious if the EX Iori infinite is still in after the patch.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1108 on: January 31, 2012, 01:10:44 PM »
My Xbox version of XIII will be waiting for this patch. =D

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1109 on: January 31, 2012, 02:24:22 PM »
Just got done with about 50 matches post-patch in ranked and player; 40 were blue connections, and there's a good chance these would've been laggy matches before. Even though it's Japan, this is a very good improvement from here. I tried asking the players if they got the patch and where they are, but no responses yet. If I can reach Bio or someone else, I can confirm a few things.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995