Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319037 times)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1170 on: February 02, 2012, 04:26:44 PM »
I have nothing but great things to say about the new netcode man it has been working like a dream. Blue bars everywhere and Offline type connections No complaints whatsoever from this guy.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1171 on: February 02, 2012, 04:41:47 PM »
On my end it was the same rollback as 3SOE. Rrason why the wakeups were so hard to do anything with. It played very stable though.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

gazette

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1172 on: February 02, 2012, 05:50:48 PM »
For me personally, this patch is not really a big improvement. There's still input lag, which means blocking low hops online are a little tougher. However its still playable. The only thing I hope is an input lag patch, that will be good enough.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1173 on: February 02, 2012, 06:24:28 PM »
patch available in italy too (360)
plaied few matches green bar ...  didnt see any improve at all. need more tests

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1174 on: February 02, 2012, 06:31:26 PM »
For me personally, this patch is not really a big improvement. There's still input lag, which means blocking low hops online are a little tougher. However its still playable. The only thing I hope is an input lag patch, that will be good enough.
No input lag for me. I wonder why.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1175 on: February 02, 2012, 06:33:56 PM »
Was playing someone that every time he jumps in or I do a combo the game suddenly lag that resulting me getting hit by a jump in or dropping my combos. That's one of the reason I don't like playing online but w/e.
Main team: K, Kyo, Iori(claw)
Secondary team: Ash, Robert, Shen
Third team: Ryo, EX Kyo, EX Iori (my 98 team)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1176 on: February 02, 2012, 06:36:23 PM »
Was playing someone that every time he jumps in or I do a combo the game suddenly lag that resulting me getting hit by a jump in or dropping my combos. That's one of the reason I don't like playing online but w/e.

This kind of sounds like he was using a lag switch to make the match go in his favor.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1177 on: February 02, 2012, 06:50:38 PM »
From what I heard you can cause lag just by screwing with the microphone. Dunno how true it is.

The lag I see is around 1/10 of a second on a blue bar. For a lot of people it would not be that noticable. It the same lag that ranked matches had that a lot of people were bitching about. I think it will be interesting in the next few days to see the general reaction of the new netplay.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1178 on: February 02, 2012, 07:02:25 PM »
I'm glad I have a local scene, even it is rather small.

My post-patch results are horrible. I checked all of my settings and reinstalled the game and the patch and still not good. The blue matches are slower than offline and strangely glitchy and the green bars are laggy enough that blocking is near impossible.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1179 on: February 02, 2012, 07:10:19 PM »

My post-patch results are horrible. I checked all of my settings and reinstalled the game and the patch and still not good. The blue matches are slower than offline and strangely glitchy and the green bars are laggy enough that blocking is near impossible.

I think I have more problem baiting reversals online.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1180 on: February 02, 2012, 08:50:46 PM »

That is kinda weird to hear man, I think a lot of my blue matches are really good, while the greens are good, but I stay away from yellows and reds.

Are you sure no one is leeching off of your connection or anyone else in the house? What are you up and down speeds and pings?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:03:16 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1181 on: February 02, 2012, 09:16:11 PM »
Yeah, the blue bars shouldn't have changed, for most people they're still pretty good.  If it's messing up that much for you, SOMETHING on your end must be messing up, unless you're facing the same person for said blue bars.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1182 on: February 02, 2012, 09:48:21 PM »
Blue bars are great, also player matches are still not filtered by regions so if you see alot of red bars when searching it usually means their overseas, i see alot of US players even though im from UK.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1183 on: February 02, 2012, 11:15:29 PM »

That is kinda weird to hear man, I think a lot of my blue matches are really good, while the greens are good, but I stay away from yellows and reds.

Are you sure no one is leeching off of your connection or anyone else in the house? What are you up and down speeds and pings?

My router is secure and I've got 25down/9up with a 20ms ping. I should be good to go.

ELTRO

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1184 on: February 02, 2012, 11:37:57 PM »
My god I was eaten alive by gimmicks online today. After I started to figure him out he left >.>