Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319001 times)

Crimson_King15

• Strongest Tiger
  • Are You okay? BUSTA WOLF!
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1185 on: February 03, 2012, 12:13:32 AM »
My god I was eaten alive by gimmicks online today. After I started to figure him out he left >.>
I hate that. People love winning but when you start coming close to beating them or you beat them they leave....

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #1186 on: February 03, 2012, 04:02:32 AM »
I have nothing but great things to say about the new netcode man it has been working like a dream. Blue bars everywhere and Offline type connections No complaints whatsoever from this guy.

Same, where are you located out of curiosity?

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1187 on: February 03, 2012, 04:19:51 AM »
Actually, I think I understand what the patch is doing in match now.

The whole reason we're not getting loading screens or synching pre-round is because now they're putting it within the fight itself (well maybe not the loading screens).

It will feel worse or better depending on tolerance, because unlike before where a single hiccup midmatch will fuck up the input delay for the rest of the round until it can resynch, it will try to resynch in the middle of the same round, pretty much like any other fighter with this type of netcode.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

JennyCage

• Mod Team
  • Strongest Tiger
  • I see a red door and I want it painted black.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1188 on: February 03, 2012, 06:52:22 AM »
Netcode seems much improved for me.  Some green bars are now blue and green bars seem to be playing more consistently and smoothly than before.  Input lag with 4 bars is very minimal or non-existent, 3 bars is also very good.  Played one yellow bar, there was a bit of input lag but nothing serious.  Desync problems seemed to have gone away, which was a major problem when I'd try to play people a couple thousand kilometres away.  There seems to be less hiccuping midmatch as well but this could be connection dependant.

Overall I'm very happy with this patch.   :)
Kick, punch, it's all in the method. Not mother approved but totally kid tested.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCPTb9h2V5s

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #1189 on: February 03, 2012, 06:58:45 AM »
Does this mean you're gonna stop doing random things on wakeup >_> ?
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1190 on: February 03, 2012, 07:02:01 AM »

New bug, please tell me I'm not the only one it affects: The game will freeze at the 'obtaining player information' screen. It will happen randomly and you have to exit out of everything every time. WTF?

Yeah, this has been happening to myself as well after you mentioned it, lol. It kinda sucks that I gotta risk having to wait forever to have the game disconnect or quit the game as a whole. SNKP needs to fix this or something.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1191 on: February 03, 2012, 08:31:49 AM »
Actually, I think I understand what the patch is doing in match now.

The whole reason we're not getting loading screens or synching pre-round is because now they're putting it within the fight itself (well maybe not the loading screens).

It will feel worse or better depending on tolerance, because unlike before where a single hiccup midmatch will fuck up the input delay for the rest of the round until it can resynch, it will try to resynch in the middle of the same round, pretty much like any other fighter with this type of netcode.

What you are describing is the variable lag (or teleport lag) where the refreshing of parameters happens constantly, however the tradeoff is the conditions are always in flux (input, game speed, frames) now the nice thing is instead of taking away from input delay or speed of the match they are taking away frames instead which makes it feel much more stable, but the tradeoff is dropped moves. It's what I see from GGPO. I'm sure it's their own netcode, but they are usuing the tricks GGPO uses.

Nilcam what exactly are you having trouble with lag wise. Since you are one of the main people I see who is having trouble I'm curious what is messing with you. Netspeed? Frame Drops? Rollback? Input delay?
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1192 on: February 03, 2012, 04:52:08 PM »
So, I only had one match, oddly enough was a chilean, the thing worked well, I will test with chileans from other cities, if the matches run well, I think that the netcode will be great at least for  me

Waifu Material

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1193 on: February 03, 2012, 05:10:37 PM »
Most of the blue matches I've had have run slower than the game normally runs and usually have had frame drops. I've also experienced more input delay. I'm not sure where the problem lies. My connection is rather good (25d/9u with 20-24ms ping) and is not shared.

Eripio69

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1194 on: February 03, 2012, 07:00:04 PM »
I think its time for snkp to start working on their next title. Less and less ppl online every day, the only thing left for me is to complete all the missions, cause no local scene :(

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1195 on: February 03, 2012, 07:34:23 PM »
I'm thinking about holding a test session next Saturday (the 11th) for players to find those who may have blue (or even green) connections with, then try to organize those in a thread. It will be held in the wibiya toolbar chat and open for XBL and PSN players...kinda like a big lobby. Would anyone be down? I have a few people interested...

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1196 on: February 03, 2012, 08:12:07 PM »
I'm thinking about holding a test session next Saturday (the 11th) for players to find those who may have blue (or even green) connections with, then try to organize those in a thread. It will be held in the wibiya toolbar chat and open for XBL and PSN players...kinda like a big lobby. Would anyone be down? I have a few people interested...
ill bring the soda and plastic cups

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1197 on: February 03, 2012, 09:04:08 PM »
Okay peoples, here is the event for next weekend: http://dreamcancel.com/forum/index.php?topic=2024.0

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #1198 on: February 03, 2012, 11:06:23 PM »
I played some games with Desmond this morning with much better results. There was a tiny bit of input lag but it was quite playable. I had some trouble with simple links like King's B, dp+B but that's to be expected.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1199 on: February 03, 2012, 11:25:49 PM »
i played some matches with my bro saitsu about a hour or two ago if i had to compare the netcode to being in water i would have to say it felt like i was knee deep compared the waist deep feeling of before

i played a match with zyn abit afterwards and i had one bar and it ran ok-ish for the most part

i would love to do more tests but i had a lot trouble finding anybody online to play with which makes me kinda sad