Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 319000 times)

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1260 on: February 06, 2012, 09:23:47 PM »
and while on the topic of pads which ones do you guys prefer to use? (if you use them at all for fighting games)

i've always preferred the standard xbox 360 d-pad over most of the ones that i use(i know im crazy)

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1261 on: February 06, 2012, 09:35:55 PM »
and while on the topic of pads which ones do you guys prefer to use? (if you use them at all for fighting games)

i've always preferred the standard xbox 360 d-pad over most of the ones that i use(i know im crazy)

this was going to be my next question and no, you are not alone. since I've been playing on the 360 for years, it's the d-pad I'm most used to. but I will say, I did cut out the extra rubber padding from the diagonal sides when HDRemix came out and have been playing it since. Although right now, I have been using a PS3 pad to play MK in and I may pick it up for KOF13 aswell. I also have an original Saturn Pad I recently picked up that I'm considering modding with a PS2 PCB.

sibarraz

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1262 on: February 06, 2012, 09:52:50 PM »
The dpad from xbox is awesome, people who cry for his sluginess is most probable people who are too used to the sony's pad

At least I felt that from the last 2 years, the pads had gotten better, and I'm not talking about the silver xbox controller with the special dpad

Waifu Material

Diavle

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1263 on: February 06, 2012, 10:03:15 PM »

After years of emulators for online play my weapon of choice was a keyboard but had to learn the PS3 pad for KOF13.

I played KOF on pad back on the PS1 a lot buts its been years so adjustment was needed. Tried playing as I did before with the dpad and the consistency was very average at best, wasn't feeling it at all. Then tried using the analog stick and that made a world of a difference, moves and HD combos pretty much started coming out instantly.

So yeah, PS3 pad for me, using the analog stick (while switching mid combo to the dpad for certain things, like parts of Chin combos). Was considering getting a stick when I first started but not anymore.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 10:05:04 PM by Diavle »

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1264 on: February 06, 2012, 10:05:52 PM »
Arcade Stick for me here, reasons for that are obvious.

Not too much of an Xbox fan here, but I prefer the PS3's pad myself, it feels more comfortable in my opinion.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1265 on: February 06, 2012, 10:08:13 PM »
i remember i used to use the analog stick for a few fighting game but i had to force myself to stop because i ended up killing the sticks a lot faster than usual 

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1266 on: February 06, 2012, 10:18:07 PM »
i remember i used to use the analog stick for a few fighting game but i had to force myself to stop because i ended up killing the sticks a lot faster than usual 

What console were you playing on when that happened?

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1267 on: February 06, 2012, 10:34:06 PM »

What console were you playing on when that happened?
xbox,xbox 360 ps2 gamecube pretty much any system that had a fighting game

desmond_kof

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • Practice everyday without neglect
    • View Profile
    • DesmondDELAGHETTO youtube page
« Reply #1268 on: February 06, 2012, 11:16:56 PM »
Is it humanly possible to play KOf13 at a high level using a pad? This was something I was talking with a friend of mine and we noticed that there are basically no top level players out there using any kind of pad playing this game or any other KOf for that matter.

There are tons of good KOF players that use pad only, it is not what you use but how you use it. It is all preference.

And yes, I agree with DaddyCane on how sticks can be really noisy sometimes, so if you play on pad, you have that advantage of listening to them mash and stuff.
"Do not place so much importance on winning. The fight itself has value."

Cibernetico

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1269 on: February 06, 2012, 11:21:05 PM »

There are tons of good KOF players that use pad only, it is not what you use but how you use it. It is all preference.

And yes, I agree with DaddyCane on how sticks can be really noisy sometimes, so if you play on pad, you have that advantage of listening to them mash and stuff.

You know, I still don't understand how you having the ability to listen to a player hitting his buttons translates into an advantage. unless each button makes a distinct sound so you know exactly which attacks will be coming your way then I can understand. but if someone is mashing, well....that's where I'm lost.

Delta

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1270 on: February 07, 2012, 12:23:53 AM »
I have 2 MadCatz TE , and the stick makes that clicky sound when using it (totally normal), i can see/hear it being a warning signal to my friends playing when i try to make some moves, like 360º or 720º grabs, or stuff like that.

But still it's not much of a problem anyways.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1271 on: February 07, 2012, 12:47:16 AM »
After playing in the arcade for some time or vs a local opponent you'll find your self getting acquainted with the sounds of hop,& jumps from the joystick that your opponent makes. Furthermore, the sound of them hitting the corner of the inside the joystick during  ;dn ( ;df ) ;fd motions. It's not something you should always react to of course because you could mistaken it for something else. But there plenty of players out there that do so.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1272 on: February 07, 2012, 12:54:25 AM »

I don't always use pad, but if I do I prefer the Sega Saturn Pad. Keep playing my friends.  :p
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1273 on: February 07, 2012, 09:11:02 AM »

You know, I still don't understand how you having the ability to listen to a player hitting his buttons translates into an advantage. unless each button makes a distinct sound so you know exactly which attacks will be coming your way then I can understand. but if someone is mashing, well....that's where I'm lost.

Easy, most moves come out at the same speed. So it doesn't matter what the move is you tend to throw it out at the same speed. Using that say you are looking at Ryu. 2 clicks tend to be a fireball or hurricane kick. 3 clicks dragon punch. Any clicks that doesn't come out at that speed tend to just be moving.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Mikel

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #1274 on: February 07, 2012, 09:27:34 PM »

I don't always use pad, but if I do I prefer the Sega Saturn Pad. Keep playing my friends.  :p

I don't have a Saturn pad myself, but I would like to get the PS2 variation that they released in a bundle with the NiGHTS into Dreams remake for the PS2.

[spoiler][/spoiler]