Author Topic: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition  (Read 322858 times)

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
Re: KOF XIII 6th General Thread: Console Released edition
« Reply #1320 on: February 13, 2012, 02:59:28 AM »
Hell, I'd pay just to get Are You Okay back.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: February 13, 2012, 03:19:47 AM »
Didn't Terry have a weird overhead punch in I think it was 02UM (EX Terry) and Real Bout Dominated Minds? It kinda' looked like a pseudo Power Dunk but he didn't fly in to the air. I'd like to see Garou Terry with that move and that Slide he had in the Real Bout games.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.

BiGGDaddyCane

• Strongest Tiger
  • Got Bills?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: February 13, 2012, 03:34:05 AM »
They should give Ralf his command grab back. There's alot of characters that have altered move sets that still work well. He's still sick, but I really think he should get his command grab back.

Im sure that asking for too much though, they probably make a few tweaks too some characters moves. Probably make some modifications to HD. Dont know what to aspect but I feel they will.

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: February 13, 2012, 03:38:53 AM »
Yeah, that was another idea I had: make Ralf a hybrid grappler again.

Reiki.Kito

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: February 13, 2012, 03:45:03 AM »
Dunno why people keep saying no new characters will come. It's definitely possible and I bet they're already in the works. Lets just wait and see, but I totally would like Rock or EX Terry.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: February 13, 2012, 03:45:10 AM »
They took away his CG because they wanted to differentiate him from Clark.  Giving it back to him would likely defeat the purpose because then the only thing separating them really is DM's and NeoMaxes (and Ralf having a couple extra moves, which with his CG back, would contribute a lot less to his overall gameplay).

Instead, just make Ralf better, make his pokes do more damage.  If the devs want him to be played a lot like 98 Ralf which seems to be the case, they need to make his pokes a lot more meaningful in the long run akin to how 98 was played.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

oricon

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: February 13, 2012, 03:51:20 AM »
Im having trouble beating noobs online especially the robert ones cant deal with their randomness and his flying kick can you punish his unlike takumas?

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: February 13, 2012, 03:57:37 AM »
Dunno why people keep saying no new characters will come. It's definitely possible and I bet they're already in the works. Lets just wait and see, but I totally would like Rock or EX Terry.

I never said no new characters would come but it's much more realistic to consider more ex characters and headswaps considering the time and money involved in making new characters.

If SNKP brought back about 8 classic characters and introduced 2-3 brand new ones I think that would please just about everyone.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: February 13, 2012, 03:59:08 AM »
Considering the track record of Playmore & how strapped for cash they are you are more then likely to see a brand new game rather then any more dlc. People expect at least 3 characters. For a brand new game they can get by with 7 new a few new stages and mess with the moves a bit and people will buy it. Why only get the niche group to buy dlc for $5 a pop when you get a wider buyer group to get a brand new game for $40 to $50 instead. Kof XIV Dream Match Continues.

It's a WHOLE lot cheaper to make DLC than it is to make a whole new game. With a new game, you need a new crew, a lot more characters, more content, a new marketing campaign, a website, and etc. It's a lot more money than just releasing 1-3 characters and that's it. It would actually make more sense financially, especially if they're going to sell them for 5 bucks a piece.

DLC for the most part is simply releasing content that is already on disc or is well on it's way to being finished then touched up and patched in at a later date. Capcom has said many times that if characters aren't already planned for release before the game is finished (I.e. meaning a good portion of the work has already been done) then it's highly unlikely any new content will be released.

That being said if the king of milking a franchise says it doesn't want to release new characters cause it's too much work chances are there might be a bit more to releasing a character from scratch then most make it out to be. On top of this what I mentioned before is the asian market hates DLC. KOF makes the most money in Asia & Latin America. If one of your main markets doesn't particulary like a format, then I doubt you are going to spend a lot of resources to that particular format.

Lastly making a new KOF game is a lot easier once the game goes back to recycling animation. KOF in the past could be churned out in a year's time. It took over 3 years to make a brand new KOF game and that particular game wasn't even finished then. The real game came out 2 years later. Using the concept that they will recycle 70% of KOF XIII I think it's safe to believe that if new from scratch content is such a pain in the ass then it's just plain easier for Playmore to go after a brand new KOF especially since the next installment begs for a dream match which doesn't require a story.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: February 13, 2012, 04:10:00 AM »
Who knows. DLC for fighters is still a pretty unknown area. For all we know they'd add the DLC characters to the arcades, but then comes the question about how much you can milk a single game.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: February 13, 2012, 04:30:24 AM »
Who knows. DLC for fighters is still a pretty unknown area. For all we know they'd add the DLC characters to the arcades, but then comes the question about how much you can milk a single game.
going by street fighter standards  a whole lot anyway the only thing i want is blue mary and a workable netcode though i know im more likely to only get one of those choices 

Running Wild

• Legendary Wolf
  • Osu!
    • View Profile
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #1331 on: February 13, 2012, 04:50:58 AM »
Hell, I'd pay just to get Are You Okay back.

A million times this.

Didn't Terry have a weird overhead punch in I think it was 02UM (EX Terry) and Real Bout Dominated Minds? It kinda' looked like a pseudo Power Dunk but he didn't fly in to the air. I'd like to see Garou Terry with that move and that Slide he had in the Real Bout games.

Yeah, it's called Quick Burn, it's like a two handed Burning Knuckle attack. Quick Burn and Fire kick are something the classic Terry is more well known for though, wouldn't make too much sense from a design stand point to have Garou Terry using those techniques. I'd rather regular ol' Terry get those, he could use a lil something extra I think.

nightmoves

• Strongest Tiger
  • STAND UP!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: February 13, 2012, 04:52:33 AM »
Just give me Rock, his Garou stage, and a remix of "Spread the Wings" and I'll be happy.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: February 13, 2012, 04:56:35 AM »
If only we could get Rock...but it's extremely unlikely outside of Dream Matches and even then the chances are slim to none.  Short of SNKP blowing up big, or agreeing to another CvS with Capcom, Rock is never coming back.

Xxenace

• Legendary Wolf
  • they call me jigga the ultimate ni...yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: February 13, 2012, 05:14:10 AM »
tbh i think we would probably get a street fighter vs sailor moon before we would ever get another cvs