Author Topic: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports  (Read 87949 times)

Ky0

• Scion of Flame
  • MIJU KUMONO MEGA [Location]: Portugal
    • View Profile
Re: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports
« Reply #270 on: December 01, 2011, 11:30:44 PM »
Hmm, a Netcode improvement, sounds great!
Thanks ATLUS & SNKP!
 :)

KoF 4 EVA

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: December 02, 2011, 01:02:57 AM »
so I just had a FT10 with a guy from Hawaii and even through the room showed 3bars it dropped to 2bar. Funny thing is though, it was still playing like a 3bar connection. He told me that there are alot of cable lines in Hawaii for great internet. Here in Vegas we got cox, which is solid for internet and gaming. these matches where also on 360 though and I've heard PSN  everyone is pretty much a 2bar.

From what the guy was saying the 2bar connection on PSN is much different than on 360. so that can also be a major factor for many players. not to mention what type of internet connection each player has.

Violent Kain

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: December 02, 2011, 01:22:01 AM »
Searching over the internet, i've found this article info about how ggpo works http://skullgirls.com/2011/09/skullgirls-ggpo-and-you/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=skullgirls-ggpo-and-you

It would be awesome if SNKP implements anything similar (similar, not GGPO), i wouldn't be bothered about rollbacks if just i could move my character in the time it is supposed to be moving.

What do you guys think?
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 01:26:06 AM by Violent Kain »

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: December 02, 2011, 01:30:43 AM »
While it could be cool, I doubt it could be implemented in XIII at this stage considering...you know, the game is already released.
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: December 02, 2011, 03:31:53 AM »
Searching over the internet, i've found this article info about how ggpo works http://skullgirls.com/2011/09/skullgirls-ggpo-and-you/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=skullgirls-ggpo-and-you

It would be awesome if SNKP implements anything similar (similar, not GGPO), i wouldn't be bothered about rollbacks if just i could move my character in the time it is supposed to be moving.

What do you guys think?

You can adjust delay increasing it in very minor quantities (two frames work for up to 200ms) and it runs smooth. Developers can't build anything else but delay free netcodes nowadays, otherwise it's trash.

monster637

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: December 02, 2011, 08:08:00 AM »

so I just had a FT10 with a guy from Hawaii and even through the room showed 3bars it dropped to 2bar. Funny thing is though, it was still playing like a 3bar connection. He told me that there are alot of cable lines in Hawaii for great internet. Here in Vegas we got cox, which is solid for internet and gaming. these matches where also on 360 though and I've heard PSN  everyone is pretty much a 2bar.

From what the guy was saying the 2bar connection on PSN is much different than on 360. so that can also be a major factor for many players. not to mention what type of internet connection each player has.

Bahahahaha that was me, yes most rooms that show 3 bars when entered turns into 2,, thats why  left , then came back and then said fuck it, you were my best bet, and with my lack of time to even put in this game or learn the chars or even realize what other cast can do...i thought the matchs i played today were working much better then other days,, seems as more people come online and are hearing word of mouth are nabbing a copy, its getting easier to find decent matchs and yes my ps3 2 bar matchs would play like a real 2 bar match,

for a room i entered at 3 bars and said 2 when i was in the room, i felt there was not much input delay, id did not stop you from beating the shit out of me and my problem is just learning the chars and mashing!!!

And yeah must of the island are all timewarner cable , roadrunner turbo. not many dsl users here, if they have interwebs it usually road runner!!

Hoping tomorrow and future i have more time to actually learn my team..... or find who i even want on my team,

So on xbox it hard to say whats gonna be what by that bar meter.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 08:11:52 AM by monster637 »

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #276 on: December 02, 2011, 03:40:49 PM »
Around midnight (EET time) i will be on PSN for a first round to test the netcode.If anyone here from europe want to participate add me on PSN.
Wired connexions if possible and with the game installed on the harddrive (go to options/system options/ install) - I wonder why this game doesn't ask you when you put the game in for the first time if you wish to install....

Test with server in France

Usually at night my connexion is a little better
« Last Edit: December 02, 2011, 03:50:30 PM by KBlackNoah »

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: December 02, 2011, 04:59:56 PM »
if i dont go out ill play you, otherwise i might see you laterish like in the morning. if im drunk have some mercy on me.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

KBlackNoah

• Scion of Flame
  • I am not arrogant, I just have high standards.
    • View Profile
    • Black Noah
« Reply #278 on: December 02, 2011, 05:02:29 PM »
LOL i just got the game this afternoon so don't expect too much from me.I just want to test the netcode - after a few days i can play serious  ;)
I might be a bit drunk as well so no problems there

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: December 02, 2011, 07:14:42 PM »
Played about 50+ matches with opponents in Japan, including BioBooster (ggs man)

All 3 bars (since it's Japan, might see a lot of 3 bars)

This is my current speed test, but planning to get it upgraded soon

Of all the matches I played, only 4 experienced any kind of lag, at least that's how it felt on my end.

Plan to test things with US or Canadian players soon. If there are any takers, let me know.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

monster637

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: December 02, 2011, 07:38:15 PM »
Played about 50+ matches with opponents in Japan, including BioBooster (ggs man)

This is my current speed test, but planning to get it upgraded soon

Of all the matches I played, only 4 experienced any kind of lag, at least that's how it felt on my end.

Plan to test things with US or Canadian players soon. If there are any takers, let me know.
  You can add me im monster637 on both consoles, and im in the middle of the pacific hawaii the bridge im guessing from japan to hawaii to cali is what i figured is the route of the under ground lines across the pacific..

i was actually speed testing my network to japan last night to see what my ping is to them vs the west coast of the united states..

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: December 02, 2011, 08:37:42 PM »

--snip--

Something tells me Japanese players aren't going to be complaining about the netcode in any great force. Japan is just too lucky sometimes.

solidshark

• Mod Team
  • Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: December 02, 2011, 09:20:12 PM »
Something tells me Japanese players aren't going to be complaining about the netcode in any great force. Japan is just too lucky sometimes.

They just might complain, espeically if they want to fight some of their international rivals (assuming they want to online). And after dealing with all sorts of wonky GGPO, Capcom, and even Arksys connections, my tolerance for lag might be higher than most.
"You had guts kid; now clean them up off the pavement"
-Terry Bogard, 1995

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: December 03, 2011, 02:12:59 AM »
Well i just had a match with a guy from France. Ugh, that was horrible. I had to really focus on my input for moves to come out. In a surprise note though, it wasn't so much and lag spikes hitting as it was sluggish movements. All character felt really heavy. Almost as if the game was trying really hard to correct itself.

Also Monster gg's we gotta do more once you have a team assembled.

I would like to fight a few people east coast on 360 and see how things fair.

monster637

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: December 03, 2011, 11:18:32 AM »
just seeing some other country internet makes me cring shark has horrible net for japan,,, but most of us are screwed by are upload limits and im stuck in the15/1 ....1 for freaking upload  on roadrunner turbo,, i see alot here with the same. but then i see some foreigners that have tremendous upload to match there download,,

went and checked And my provider TW has now added 2 more premium ranks 35/5 and 50 /5

I dont really need 50 down load , but the 5 mb up would really improve all games with moving packet data and bring down pings,, problem is seems they dont have self install kits and need new docsis 3.0 modem  from them. im still rocking there webstar modem and i think they are insisting on you have to have the dude come hook it up

roadrunner xtreme 35 download and 5 upload

or 50 down 5 up widerange package....... i just dont get why there so stingy with upload here in america , it should be a balance 15 down and 15 up or atleast 5-10
« Last Edit: December 03, 2011, 11:22:39 AM by monster637 »