Author Topic: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports  (Read 87092 times)

StickyStaines

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
Re: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports
« Reply #240 on: November 30, 2011, 11:00:04 PM »
Which kinda goes down the drain when you consider Arcana Heart 3.

Arcana Heart 3 works like Arc System games. Less frames less loading easier to put a decent netcode on.

Less frames? The game plays locally, you only send your inputs to the opponent, which is like a few kB/s of data, if that.

The fact of the matter is that other games have managed to implement decent netcode to the average player. What does it matter testing against two optimal connections, when that will hardly EVER happen for the average person? You cant say its good netcode when only a few people can play against each other perfectly under proper conditions. You might as well just meet up at that point.

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #241 on: November 30, 2011, 11:02:13 PM »
Mr Bakaboy is hitting on something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. The old KOFs on NeoGeo Station run amazingly well but those games are far less intensive games. Would that help them on the online play? Also, I cannot help but think that the more lenient input windows on current fighters does a better job of hiding input lag.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #242 on: November 30, 2011, 11:18:43 PM »
hey i tried playing some guys with 3 bar and it was actually playable. there is some minor input delay but def playable. you will drop some combos etc and at times be late with that last sec dp. maybe 4 bars is actually on par with ssf4.

In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #243 on: November 30, 2011, 11:30:14 PM »
Mr Bakaboy is hitting on something that I've been thinking about a lot lately. The old KOFs on NeoGeo Station run amazingly well but those games are far less intensive games. Would that help them on the online play? Also, I cannot help but think that the more lenient input windows on current fighters does a better job of hiding input lag.

The leniency of the windows and the fact that the timing on the combos are delayed compared to KOF really helps. Personally I have a hellacious time playing SSFIV cause of how they mask lag. Didn't understand why till I played a high level offline match. I'm too used to KOF style of play (hyper sensitive timing) when I try to implement the same thing online it really screws with me.

If you've seen the interviews with Harada (Tekken) talking about GGPO he plainly says the major problem is all the data being shipped over the internet is a real problem when the game is so large. I'm sure KOF XIII is starting to fall in this category.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

Gramas

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #244 on: December 01, 2011, 12:47:00 AM »
Netcode is trash

Its realy realy fucking annoying when It lags against someone who usualy I have a "like offline" connection In blazblue

this is a fiber connection(and this is the best connection Italy has to offer) and my opponent has the same connection(same isp)
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:59:25 AM by Gramas »

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #245 on: December 01, 2011, 12:54:47 AM »
Italy sucks too... the situation is tragic -.-, lag and impossible to synch too sometimes :\ with two of the best connection avaiable here (Fastweb) the netplay still sucks =.=,

Milan:

Rome:

We are missing something... but isn't this a server side problem? i guess... behind xbl base microsoft server, the machine for the "matchmaking" operation is loaded on a kind of snkp infrastructure isn't it? so where is it located ?.?
« Last Edit: December 01, 2011, 12:56:33 AM by Mazinkaiser »

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: December 01, 2011, 12:56:54 AM »
Netcode is trash

Its realy realy fucking annoying when It lags against someone who usualy I have a "like offline" connection In blazblue

Arcana Heart 3 works like Arc System games. Less frames less loading easier to put a decent netcode on.

Blazblue = Arc System works game.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

sw1tch

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #247 on: December 01, 2011, 04:24:39 AM »
To people saying it's fine with optic fiber it's not true
Here is my connect 100mb optic fiber and I'm in europe.

and yet I still have input delay, and I tested playing with a friend who live in the same town and with fiber too.
Sure it's "playable" but  you can't be serious about it.
I just think some people can't notice lag even if they had 200 ping really..

Emperor Paine

• Rising Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: December 01, 2011, 05:39:21 AM »
I live in Las Vegas, NV and even playing a friend of mine who lives in Kingmen, AZ we were getting hit by lag spikes throughout a few matches. 2 bar and lower is impossible to play. 3 bar and higher is the only way to play.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: December 01, 2011, 05:44:09 AM »

and yet I still have input delay, and I tested playing with a friend who live in the same town and with fiber too.

When will people understand that what kind of internet speed is irrelevant, it's your ping times what matters.

thec0re3

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
    • Fighting Games Online
« Reply #250 on: December 01, 2011, 06:02:10 AM »

When will people understand that what kind of internet speed is irrelevant, it's your ping times what matters.

We can keep with the ping and speed and on on and on but at the end of the day its about what kind of experience are you having with local, regional, etc.. and I'm in agreement that even with local play my experience has not been satisfactory. There  needs to be an improvement to the netcode that just the sum of it.

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: December 01, 2011, 06:36:45 AM »
Have we had any responses to the letter yet?

k4

• New Challenger
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: December 01, 2011, 08:01:03 AM »
These guys Mazinkaiser and Gramas already showed us the truth. Even with those godlike connections, the online sucks. And I was still hoping for the best trying to find 4 bar players with wired connections and decent ping. I have 20 mbps download and 2mbps upload, with ping 17.
KOF XIII ... the future is ... not now ... YET! =(

Shiranui_ninja

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: December 01, 2011, 11:24:47 AM »
Yesterday I could play a 3 bar match. It was good. Not perfect but very playable, i really enjoyed. Too bad is so hard to find 3 bars matches.
PSN: Shiranui_ninja
KOF XIII main team: Mai/King/Mature

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #254 on: December 01, 2011, 12:13:41 PM »
Yesterday I could play a 3 bar match. It was good. Not perfect but very playable, i really enjoyed. Too bad is so hard to find 3 bars matches.

occasionally (very rare) i got playable game too... but still kinda sucks, i'm almost certain of what i post already... some shit happen with matchmaking server side... maybe they reply the letter, i hope xD