Author Topic: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports  (Read 87101 times)

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
Re: Netcode Lag/Delay Test Reports
« Reply #285 on: December 03, 2011, 11:35:18 AM »
A lot of the high upload bandwidth users comes from DSL. Very High Data rate DSL (VDSL) has that capability, however it's pretty new and the internet providers are lazy about updating their phone lines. My roommate who's a computer programmer was chatting with me about that yesterday.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

BioBooster

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: BioBoosterUnit
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: December 03, 2011, 01:35:26 PM »
Played about 50+ matches with opponents in Japan, including BioBooster (ggs man)

All 3 bars (since it's Japan, might see a lot of 3 bars)

This is my current speed test, but planning to get it upgraded soon

Of all the matches I played, only 4 experienced any kind of lag, at least that's how it felt on my end.

Plan to test things with US or Canadian players soon. If there are any takers, let me know.

ggs dude. Heh, yeah we played like 30+ straight - awesome fun :)

I'll be testing a bit more today, will try to find international matches if I can.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: December 06, 2011, 08:04:43 AM »
Ok something fucking off happened. I played a friend from my town, which is like 3 hrs from where I am right now.

We were having some desync problems, on the 3rd match, I picked Iori, Ash and Benimaru. But he told me I was using King, Mai and Benimaru. And we were playing like nothing, I was winning on my screen and he was winning on his. I beat him up on my screen, send me to save replay and all. Ones I got to the lobby he wasn't there anymore.

This got us completely off guard, it was so damn weird since he was moving and all and I was moving on his screen too, but we had different characters. The bar connection showed 3, but for some reason caused this weird mixup of characters. I can confirm he wasn't messing around with me, for 2 reasons, 1. he likes KOF and he is serious about fighting games like me and 2. He put his headset on the TV and I could hear Mai when I attacked and I did the same and he heard Iori. This was whack as hell! lol

Rex Dart

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: December 06, 2011, 08:33:23 AM »
Ok something fucking off happened. I played a friend from my town, which is like 3 hrs from where I am right now.

We were having some desync problems, on the 3rd match, I picked Iori, Ash and Benimaru. But he told me I was using King, Mai and Benimaru. And we were playing like nothing, I was winning on my screen and he was winning on his. I beat him up on my screen, send me to save replay and all. Ones I got to the lobby he wasn't there anymore.

This got us completely off guard, it was so damn weird since he was moving and all and I was moving on his screen too, but we had different characters. The bar connection showed 3, but for some reason caused this weird mixup of characters. I can confirm he wasn't messing around with me, for 2 reasons, 1. he likes KOF and he is serious about fighting games like me and 2. He put his headset on the TV and I could hear Mai when I attacked and I did the same and he heard Iori. This was whack as hell! lol

Damn. I heard similar stories about KOF XII's netcode, but never honestly believed them. That's seriously crazy.

Mr Bakaboy

• Scion of Flame
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: December 06, 2011, 08:55:09 AM »

You sir win the weirdest glitch award. In all my time online I have never heard of that one before.
Say it with me now: "Variable input lag BAAAAAAD!!!"

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: December 06, 2011, 09:07:32 AM »
Damn. I heard similar stories about KOF XII's netcode, but never honestly believed them. That's seriously crazy.

Really? Didn't know XII suffered the same issue, never happened to me in XII.

You sir win the weirdest glitch award. In all my time online I have never heard of that one before.

I know! lol
I must say, this was a hilarious experience for me. But needed to document it and put it here, since we must tell SNKP of this possible scenario, even if it's uncommon. Dunno what was the cause, but damn, it was weird, but it gave me and my friend a good laugh.

pablofsi

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: December 06, 2011, 03:51:34 PM »
It's called desyncing, it happens when one of the players has an unstable connection with packet loss or something like that.

DarKaoZ

• Legendary Wolf
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: December 06, 2011, 04:27:09 PM »
^Well we experienced Desyncing in previews matches, the character we were fighting will stop moving in our screens, but the ones we controlled could still move, then the game will say the connection was lost. But I'm surprised the game managed to select different characters and keep us fighting. We didn't even have a disconnection like other Desynchronizations.

sociald

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: December 07, 2011, 11:29:38 AM »
did anyone noticea delay switching guard from crouch guard to standing guard ?

nilcam

• Administrator
  • Legendary Wolf
  • PSN: nilcam
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: December 07, 2011, 03:36:51 PM »
Honestly, when the netcode is handling things well, it is GOOD. I played 16 matches with a guy last night on a 3 bar and it was like butter. We were both getting more confident with each game and, by the final set, we were both working on some fairly complex combos.

MUSOLINI

• Legendary Wolf
  • PSN id: Musolini187 Netherlands
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: December 07, 2011, 06:40:39 PM »
even at 3 bars it only seems like butter, theres input delay.
In the end, there can only be XIII.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1p0XsEizwHA

Still mo sweet Chariots, keep on swingin'!

Terrastorm

• Strongest Tiger
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: December 08, 2011, 12:13:11 AM »
It seems that the quality of 3 bar connections may vary.

Saitsuofleaves

• Legendary Wolf
  • Even in the Darkness, Light Shines Through
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: December 08, 2011, 12:18:50 AM »
It seems that the quality of 3 bar connections may vary.

Yeah, I'm guessing that in the Ping Range in the 3 Bar connections, the cutoff point from a meh connection to a good one is in there.

So like if it was say, 50-150 (just throwing out numbers, I can't think completely straight after meals for some reason), 100-150 would be meh, but from 50-99 would be playable let's say, but they're all under the 3 bar range, which brings this response from me...GIVE US PING NUMBERS!
On 5/26, something that defined a generation shall make its rightful return.  #Toonamisbackbitches.  Prepare yourselves.  Bang.

Mazinkaiser

• Strongest Tiger
  • Debiru Mashin
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: December 08, 2011, 02:20:11 AM »
i'm making so better netplay match in these day... luck? 3 bars == good play, feel a little lag but sure not unplayable like before... we can do HD combos!!

LouisCipher

• Legendary Wolf
  • Drunken Master
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: December 08, 2011, 06:56:06 AM »
Had a decent night. Found one guy who's very good, but it was slightly laggy, and got pretty bad in our 3rd set at one point but cleared it self up after the next round.

It started desyncing from matches again. I'd go into Friend Match, create match, and 3 guys tried to join, we'd go to the character select and it would spend about 20 seconds saying 'synchronization' and then it would fail and go back to the menu. Then I tried joining a few matches and the same thing happened.

I had to unplug my modem and restart my PS3 and it finally started to work. I've never had this issue with any other game.
Team: Billy, Clark, Hwa.